Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
shommel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default what if the lamotta vs fox fight...

would of been of been on the level? who would of won how and why?
shommel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
shommel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: what if the lamotta vs fox fight...

cmon there has to be some feed back here. blackjack billy fox was a ko artists(supposedly) and lamotta was known for taking terrible beatings and co ming back to win. whats happening here if it was on the lever=l. how many rounds would it go and would each have there moments during the fight/ im really interested in this post and would love to hear feedback for some of you great historians.
shommel is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by shommel View Post
cmon there has to be some feed back here. blackjack billy fox was a ko artists(supposedly) and lamotta was known for taking terrible beatings and co ming back to win. whats happening here if it was on the lever=l. how many rounds would it go and would each have there moments during the fight/ im really interested in this post and would love to hear feedback for some of you great historians.
IU'm no historian S, but I did see that fight on a 12" early tv screen... I recall before the fight rumors to the effect that something was going on. Billy Fox was an up and coming LH puncher, controlled by the "big boys" in the rackets,prevelant those days... I would pick LaMotta, were the bout on tthe square...Jake could take it and knew how to roll with the punches...Later on Billy Fox was exposed when LH Gus Lesnevich ko'd Fox twice...
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
shommel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

if you saw it and i dont doubt you as you seem to be very knowledgable how bad was lamottas performance? did he really hold fox up and let fox tee off on him while seemingly not really hurt? please el;aborate and tell me more. i find it a very informative piece of information about the history of boxing. is it available on tape from anywhere that you know of? could you post some after the fight news articles?
shommel is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shommel View Post
if you saw it and i dont doubt you as you seem to be very knowledgable how bad was lamottas performance? did he really hold fox up and let fox tee off on him while seemingly not really hurt? please el;aborate and tell me more. i find it a very informative piece of information about the history of boxing. is it available on tape from anywhere that you know of? could you post some after the fight news articles?
S, I don't know if that LaMotta/Fox bout was FILMED. I do know that we saw the bout in a bar...Before the bout I thought that LaMotta would have his hands full against the larger ko puncher Billy Fox. He was billed as a coming LH champion by the press. LaMotta never opened up on Fox, but Jake fought a defensive fight...You never knew what LaMotta would show up in some of his bouts...Yes I do believe that bout was fixed...
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
kingfisher3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

was it hidden better than the scene from the film, where jake just walks out of the ring?
kingfisher3 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum