boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Will Boxnation still be in business by the end of 2012?
Yes 73 57.48%
No 54 42.52%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: @miguelredders
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 756
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
Completely forgot they got the Mayweather fight. So annoying.
The ace up the sleeve!
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #17
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 23,048
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Yeah course they will. Need a better marketing campaign though to increase the subscriptions.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Check Hook Boxing
Posts: 2,207
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Probably.

It'll just mean the fighters have longer delays in getting paid.

Frank ALWAYS gets paid first. Whether anyone else does isn't a particularly important issue to him.

The company that owns the channel (which is majority owned by Allegedly) will only go bust if someone who is owed money issues a winding up order against it - and while the fighters are receiving some money as opposed to him pulling the plug and paying nothing - they might just go along with it.

BN is Allegedly's IVA, all intents and purposes.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
donnie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

David Haye v vitali fight will be made, will most prob be on boxnation and this fight alone will save the channel. Despite people saying they have no intrest in this fight, it is still massive and boxing and non boxing fans will still want to see it.

If it isnt made, and mayweather has no more big fights, then adios!
donnie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Not if they keep matching Cleverley up with complete drivel.

Burns v Mitchell could be a bit of a saver for BN this year!
BretN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #21
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie View Post
David Haye v vitali fight will be made, will most prob be on boxnation and this fight alone will save the channel. Despite people saying they have no intrest in this fight, it is still massive and boxing and non boxing fans will still want to see it.

If it isnt made, and mayweather has no more big fights, then adios!
Frank and Haye working together?

If Sky offer PPV, he'll go that route.
glue glove is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #22
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Just to add, I hope it doesn't survive. Not out of being a ****, I think this damages the sport with limiting its audience.

More people can name who is in TOWIE than name our current belt holders.

Disturbing isn't it?
glue glove is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
BoxingObserver
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

For sure. Apart from fees for screening fights abroad, an the cost of 1 weekly magazine show, how much do you think it costs compared to 40K subscribers @10? Easily in budget I reckon.
BoxingObserver is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #24
BoxingObserver
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Yea and also Haye Vitali was made well before the Chisora bout, hence the comical pantomime **** with 'being kicked out the arena' then brawl, that **** was planned.
BoxingObserver is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #25
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glue glove View Post
Just to add, I hope it doesn't survive. Not out of being a ****, I think this damages the sport with limiting its audience.

More people can name who is in TOWIE than name our current belt holders.

Disturbing isn't it?
How is it damaging the sport? It's helping the sport.

Surely if more fights are being made then it's positive for boxing. Most people with access to SKY can subscribe to BoxNation. The choice is there for the punters.

There are 7 live shows on UK TV this weekend. This is good for the entire sport.
The Genius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #26
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
How is it damaging the sport? It's helping the sport.

Surely if more fights are being made then it's positive for boxing. Most people with access to SKY can subscribe to BoxNation. The choice is there for the punters.

There are 7 live shows on UK TV this weekend. This is good for the entire sport.
This channel is only here because Sky pulled PPV in the first place. Do you think all this is designed to help the sport? If a certain promoter was so keen for this, then what was with all stupid PPVs just before the channel launched?

Foreign cards are good, but not worth to put up with the 'others'.
glue glove is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #27
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glue glove View Post
This channel is only here because Sky pulled PPV in the first place. Do you think all this is designed to help the sport? If a certain promoter was so keen for this, then what was with all stupid PPVs just before the channel launched?

Foreign cards are good, but not worth to put up with the 'others'.
Regardless of the intentions, the channel helps the sport. It creates more shows and gets less well-known fighter in the ring. Sky could not provide him with dates so he set up BoxNation to get his fighters more often. SKY do not have enough dates for every fighter in the UK so all the fighters would have suffered.

I honestly don't see what is wrong the channel. I'm thrilled to be watching all these fights on the channels. Without BoxNation it would not be possible.
The Genius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #28
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 1,980
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

I for one hope they survive, we would get to see fewer fights without them,lopez -salido and huck -pov are the type of fight which make the channel work for me even through i would like better domestic fights.I get better value for money for boxnation then i do for my boxing news subs.
ashedward is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #29
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,745
vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingObserver View Post
For sure. Apart from fees for screening fights abroad, an the cost of 1 weekly magazine show, how much do you think it costs compared to 40K subscribers @10? Easily in budget I reckon.
Given that the Mayweather fight will have cost Boxnation 200k at least to screen I do think the channel needs to hook in the casuals to break even now. No easy task after tonight's debacle.
I Shot JR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #30
nickthegreek
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manchester England
Posts: 769
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Boxnation survive 2012?

Hopefully it survives if just for the reason that its made sky step up its game.

Sky's schedule has wiped the floor with boxnation, the mismatch between Mayweather and Cotto will not convince me otherwise.
nickthegreek is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015