Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #31
gentleman jim
gentleman jim
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jack Johnson or Larry Holmes

I always rate greatness on a H2H basis because we can argue about level of competition, when they were in thier actual primes etc.. until the cows come home. With that being said, I wonder who would win if Johnson and Holmes fought each other at thier HW best. I lean toward Holmes due to his advantage in height and reach and particularly....the jab. It was hard, fast and punishing. Plus Larry threw combinations...probably more than what Johnson was accustomed to dealing with and the existing footage we have of Jack bears this out. I'm not saying it would be a cakewalk for Holmes but that he would win. Sorry if I got off topic here but I was wondering if anyone out there agrees with me.
gentleman jim is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #32
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleman jim View Post
I always rate greatness on a H2H basis because we can argue about level of competition, when they were in thier actual primes etc.. until the cows come home. With that being said, I wonder who would win if Johnson and Holmes fought each other at thier HW best. I lean toward Holmes due to his advantage in height and reach and particularly....the jab. It was hard, fast and punishing. Plus Larry threw combinations...probably more than what Johnson was accustomed to dealing with and the existing footage we have of Jack bears this out. I'm not saying it would be a cakewalk for Holmes but that he would win. Sorry if I got off topic here but I was wondering if anyone out there agrees with me.
If they do not agree with you , they cannot in all conscience ,argue too adamantly . Holmes jab, and how Johnson manages ,/does not manage to deal with it, would possibly be the key to this fight.

Last edited by mcvey; 03-26-2012 at 04:37 AM.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
How about you have no life except to post here, while I do? I can refute you all day if I want to. I have better things to do. It matters not, your bigoted on the topic to change.

By the way, I have a nice write up about Johnson going low again ( not in the Jeannette fight ) in a fight report you have never read. Seems like in addition to beating up women, Johnson wasn't shy about tossing a few south of the boarder. When you get bored, I might post it later
Mendoza speak again?
Did he have a tenant?

Thanks for the entertainment this is priceless.

Last edited by mcvey; 03-26-2012 at 04:38 AM.
mcvey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum