Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #76
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: Is Vitali Klitschko in the Top 10 H2H ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Vitali hasn't fought any good inside fighters, Lennox himself said he didn't like in-fighting. Chisora was probably the only decent in-fighter/pressure fighter and he won 4rounds
It's a shame peter didn't keep in shape and change his style.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #77
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120

A poll would have had Vitali decisively getting d nod
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #78
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
It's a shame peter didn't keep in shape and change his style.
Peter was hyped allot but never had a good skillset and wasn't an infighter. An in fighter has short punches and can move their head on the way in. Peter was very crude, a poor man's Lyle
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #79
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Quote:
Peter was hyped allot but never had a good skillset and wasn't an infighter. An in fighter has short punches and can move their head on the way in. Peter was very crude, a poor man's Lyle
The real Ronny "Tate and" Lyle would of KTFO Waldo.
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #80
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
I agree with most of this except I give Vitali a shot against Foreman, that's probably a 50-50, it would probably be similar to the Lennox fight, with Vitali landing more but Foreman landing bigger more damaging punches

I also don't give Vitali a punchers chance against Lewis, Vitali is an arm puncher and stops fighters on accumulation

I still have Vitali as borderline top10 though
I see it going the way lewis v vitali did also. I think foreman hits harder than lewis though. I think vitali wilts under the pressure and gets stopped.

McCall himself wasn't a big banger. Neither was Rahman. Vitali has quite slow hands but he does have good timing. He could theoretically counter lewis as mccall did or back him up as rahman did. If he lands the right punch he'll knock lewis out.

Borderline yes. Actually top ten, no.

Probably top 15. I once did a h2h list but my ethos has slightly altered since then and i've not drawn up a complete ranking of any sort until i've revaluated the fighter's in question.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #81
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I see it going the way lewis v vitali did also. I think foreman hits harder than lewis though. I think vitali wilts under the pressure and gets stopped.

McCall himself wasn't a big banger. Neither was Rahman. Vitali has quite slow hands but he does have good timing. He could theoretically counter lewis as mccall did or back him up as rahman did. If he lands the right punch he'll knock lewis out.

Borderline yes. Actually top ten, no.

Probably top 15. I once did a h2h list but my ethos has slightly altered since then and i've not drawn up a complete ranking of any sort until i've revaluated the fighter's in question.
Foreman also throws more punches than a 38yo Lewis, he throws 90 punches a round at times. Some people say he didn't have good stamina, I'd seriously disagree. Power wise though, I'm not sure both are big punchers but I'd go with Lewis and his crisper punches. Part of being a puncher is throwing allot so you can land some good ones and Foreman would

McCall and Rahman could throw big power shots, especially McCall. Vitali just doesn't sit on his shots or use anything more than his shoulder in them. That's why most of his wins are prelonged beat downs, unless he's facing some china like Herbie Hide

I think Vitali may beat anyone Pre-Louis, which puts him borderline top10 for me
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #82
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher12492269
Foreman also throws more punches than a 38yo Lewis, he throws 90 punches a round at times. Some people say he didn't have good stamina, I'd seriously disagree. Power wise though, I'm not sure both are big punchers but I'd go with Lewis and his crisper punches. Part of being a puncher is throwing allot so you can land some good ones and Foreman would

McCall and Rahman could throw big power shots, especially McCall. Vitali just doesn't sit on his shots or use anything more than his shoulder in them. That's why most of his wins are prelonged beat downs, unless he's facing some china like Herbie Hide

I think Vitali may beat anyone Pre-Louis, which puts him borderline top10 for me
I think johnson could do what byrd did.

I think dempsey would murder him inside.

Other than that I agree.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #83
sugarsean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1057

I've never understood how any one can justify having him the top 10 in any area
sugarsean is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #84
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I think the Chisora fight hurt this idea that Vitali is some H2H monster. It was a fight he won fairly easily on the cards but every round was tough - so tough that we got the usual injury excuse and then a mention of a rematch. This is against a guy who was nearly shut out against Tyson Fury, had less than 20 amateur fights and 17 pro fights.
Be fair, that wasn't a prime Vitali in there with Chisora. Vit clearly lost a lot in terms of power and also some speed post comeback. I'm not convinced a Vitali ten years younger would have had much difficulty with Chisora
Squire is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #85
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Head to head is a very tough category to rate someone in, becuase its based almost exclusively on assumption. Never been a huge advocate of rating fighters on that sort of a basis. That said, I do think that VK would be a very difficult opponent for a lot of truly great fighters to beat. I don't see anyone having an easy time with him, with the possible exception of a peak Lennox, and that's not because I rate Lennox as the greatest persay, but rather that he had the right blend of style, skills, and physical tools to take him apart. There are other greats who I'd pick to beat him, but most of them would have to work for the win.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #86
exocet76
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr12 View Post
Nowhere near top 10 borderline top 20 if I'm being generous. I don't understand why some people get confused. It isn't how big you are or KO % it is based on quality of opposition and resume. In a H2H I think Vitali could beat some guys in the top 10 due to being very big and awkward. We only saw Vitali tested once against an elite HW and he lost. That is why for me both Klit's are easily the best at the moment but in a weak era it is very difficult to judge how good they actually are. Ali for me is 1 but it is based on the fact Ali was tested a lot of times in his career against tough opposition and found a way to win most of time ignoring gift decisions at the end of his career.
When you look at the very best they could adapt to the situation and win, I have not seen that quality in the Klit's. The very best fighters would present either brother with a repertoire that they simply do not have the skills or experience to deal with, they are not going to able to just hold and hug and jab like they do with guys today.

I think another factor is like with Floyd I think because they are current they are under more scrutiny when they retire I think there stock will go up. I still think the lack of being challenged and tested effects there legacy in the future and not avenging losses although to be fair to Vitali he can't do anything about Lennox as he retired.

I think if you look at Lennox that is a good example of someone who was under rated in his prime but since retiring his stock has gone up, I would say to the point of being over rated to some extent due to what followed him. I like Lewis but I think if Ali fought Lewis once he would beat him and that is why he is the GOAT.
exocet76 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum