Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #16
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 121,976
vCash: 32000
Default Re: Robin Krasniqi - Any chance against Cleverly?

Haxhi isn't terrible, but yeah - rightful big underdog against Cleverly.

Now, against a Paul Smith? Different story.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Robin Krasniqi - Any chance against Cleverly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Haxhi isn't terrible, but yeah - rightful big underdog against Cleverly.

Now, against a Paul Smith? Different story.
There are worse, but his record is ugly, and he shouldnt be in a "world-title" fight or even ranked. But since everyone can pick up the ABC-groups regional belts, he is. Heck, you dont necessarily need those. Look at Karpency and Cox

Last edited by Malden; 04-04-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Spectre Island
Posts: 305
vCash: 75
Default Re: Robin Krasniqi - Any chance against Cleverly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
No talk about that at all. But always and always weights in around the limit, so who knows

Yes. I like to see him fight Bute (If he beats Froch) or Ward (Somewhere else than Oakland). Froch II would be ok as well.

Maybe he can get those fights at LHW? Ward, Bute and Froch can all easily move up as well.

I like: Green-Hopkins-Ward/Bute (Or both) then retirement.
yeah, all the above options mentioned are good, i just hope he has time to fit them in, before he calls it quits. all would be tough fights, one after the other especially.

i dont think ward will fight of oakland, especially now hes champ. mind you, if bute can come over here to fight froch, then miracles can happen
Angol is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #19
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Robin Krasniqi - Any chance against Cleverly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angol View Post
yeah, all the above options mentioned are good, i just hope he has time to fit them in, before he calls it quits. all would be tough fights, one after the other especially.

i dont think ward will fight of oakland, especially now hes champ. mind you, if bute can come over here to fight froch, then miracles can happen
Indeed. I only see Kessler doing three-four fights more.

Ward probably want to stay home as much as possible, but the guy aint that big of a draw, so who knows.

Isnt Bute even going to make less than usual?
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #20
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Spectre Island
Posts: 305
vCash: 75
Default Re: Robin Krasniqi - Any chance against Cleverly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Indeed. I only see Kessler doing three-four fights more.

Ward probably want to stay home as much as possible, but the guy aint that big of a draw, so who knows.

Isnt Bute even going to make less than usual?
im not sure, ill do some digging

froch isnt much a draw in the UK, to be fair. not unless its amongst actual boxing fans. hes not got the fan base of a hatton, or even a khan. ive never understood why, because hes never backed down from a challenge and speaks his mind. his style and the way his fights tend to go also confuse me as to why he isnt popular here

thats why im surprised why he came to fight froch here, as it wont be that much bigger than in quebec. maybe he just sees froch as done fighter (after ward), and sees it as a chance to show he can fight outside of canada against 'top' opposition?
Angol is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Robin Krasniqi - Any chance against Cleverly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angol View Post
im not sure, ill do some digging

froch isnt much a draw in the UK, to be fair. not unless its amongst actual boxing fans. hes not got the fan base of a hatton, or even a khan. ive never understood why, because hes never backed down from a challenge and speaks his mind. his style and the way his fights tend to go also confuse me as to why he isnt popular here

thats why im surprised why he came to fight froch here, as it wont be that much bigger than in quebec. maybe he just sees froch as done fighter (after ward), and sees it as a chance to show he can fight outside of canada against 'top' opposition?
Never understood that about Froch either.

Very likely that Bute and Interbox thinks that.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013