Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 AM   #16
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,630
vCash: 166
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Its good to see him taking some steps up.

Dont think its good to taking on Katsidas and the like yet.
I think Rocky will take on Diaz next and will probably loose on points, after which Diaz will be looking for more superfights and may move up in weight.

Khan needs a couple of good, solid 12 round contests before he starts thinking about a title shot. I think he should take on Earl next up.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 05:25 AM   #17
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by you OUT...SUCKA
Khan is a tit, he's been full of this talk since day 1...
I disagree...he used to be quite respectful and with his feet on the ground at the beginning. And when he was saying that he would beat guys, he was talking about complete unknowns, not about consacrated figures...big difference!
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:47 AM   #18
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,884
vCash: 765
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

To be the best in this sport, you have to be an alpha male. That means sometimes you can sound and act like an ass.

Khan has a ton of talent, a lot more than most, but that is still no guarantee of success, his attitude has to be right as well, and it seems it is.

Limond is a good fighter, but if you want to be competing in due course with the Diaz's, Diaz's, Diaz's and Casamayor's of this world you need to be looking past a Limond.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:51 AM   #19
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
To be the best in this sport, you have to be an alpha male. That means sometimes you can sound and act like an ass.

Khan has a ton of talent, a lot more than most, but that is still no guarantee of success, his attitude has to be right as well, and it seems it is.

Limond is a good fighter, but if you want to be competing in due course with the Diaz's, Diaz's, Diaz's and Casamayor's of this world you need to be looking past a Limond.
Good post! You have to look past a Limond...but do you have to sound off so much whilst looking past?
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
valdez
Grand Champ
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK/Mexico
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Mayweather was way more ****y from day 1.. Its not ****y if one can back it up.. Tbooze summed it up nicely..
valdez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #21
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Khan Tko3 not because Limond is bad but coz Khan is the man!!!!!!
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #22
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Khan Tko3 not because Limond is bad but coz Khan is the man!!!!!!
I happen to agree with you Jeff my good man, as I have always said here.

Like you, I believe Limond is a good fighter, I just happen to believe Khan is a special fighter. I have said this on ESB for ages, but I bet if Limond gets beaten there will be a queue of posters saying "I told you so Dunky" when in actual fact I never said Limond would beat Khan in the first place!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #23
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
I happen to agree with you Jeff my good man, as I have always said here.

Like you, I believe Limond is a good fighter, I just happen to believe Khan is a special fighter. I have said this on ESB for ages, but I bet if Limond gets beaten there will be a queue of posters saying "I told you so Dunky" when in actual fact I never said Limond would beat Khan in the first place!
I'm pretty torn for this fight I'm a Khan fan but I've always like Limond he's very quick andquite a sharp puncher. A Khan TKO3 victory would be pretty sensational but I think Khan is capable of something like that. The fighters who are going on to be superstars have a habit of mowing through championship opposition in double quick time (De La Hoya springs to mind).

Last edited by Lance_Uppercut; 03-01-2006 at 03:17 PM.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #24
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Location, Location.
Posts: 265
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge


I think Khan is the subject of some unfairly harsh criticism. He attended an amateur boxing tournament in Bolton towards the end of his amateur career. He came across as a pleasant young lad who was if anything a bit shy. I do wonder if he is under pressure to big up his fights to put bums on seats. If this is not your real personality it could come across the wrong way.

I believe Khan to be a very skilful boxer who seems to be the victim of the 'I kent him when he had f**k all' mentality that afflicts these isles.

The only unknown about Khan is, can this very skilful amateur become a robust pro.
I think is fair to say the jury is still out on that one. Limmond will be a step up in the sense that Limmond could hurt Khan.

I can see this fight going several ways but, after consulting with my son who has a fairly good track record (His prediction for the last Hatton fight was Hatton to win in round 4 with a left hook to the body), if only to stir things up here is my prediction.

Khan will start well in round one but in the second or third he will be caught by a short right from Limmond. Khan will be pissed off and will really go for it until round six or seven when Limmond will KO Khan with a straight right.

Should Khan win then good luck to him, as I think he is a nice lad.
AllyT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #25
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyT
I think Khan is the subject of some unfairly harsh criticism. He attended an amateur boxing tournament in Bolton towards the end of his amateur career. He came across as a pleasant young lad who was if anything a bit shy. I do wonder if he is under pressure to big up his fights to put bums on seats. If this is not your real personality it could come across the wrong way.

I believe Khan to be a very skilful boxer who seems to be the victim of the 'I kent him when he had f**k all' mentality that afflicts these isles.

The only unknown about Khan is, can this very skilful amateur become a robust pro.
I think is fair to say the jury is still out on that one. Limmond will be a step up in the sense that Limmond could hurt Khan.

I can see this fight going several ways but, after consulting with my son who has a fairly good track record (His prediction for the last Hatton fight was Hatton to win in round 4 with a left hook to the body), if only to stir things up here is my prediction.

Khan will start well in round one but in the second or third he will be caught by a short right from Limmond. Khan will be pissed off and will really go for it until round six or seven when Limmond will KO Khan with a straight right.

Should Khan win then good luck to him, as I think he is a nice lad.
thats pretty damn specific- will it be a full ten count or do you think the referee will dispence with the count at some point.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #26
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Location, Location.
Posts: 265
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
thats pretty damn specific- will it be a full ten count or do you think the referee will dispence with the count at some point.
There will be a slight pause between seconds 6 and seven to allow him to scratch his nose.
AllyT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #27
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyT
There will be a slight pause between seconds 6 and seven to allow him to scratch his nose.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #28
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyT
There will be a slight pause between seconds 6 and seven to allow him to scratch his nose.
Mate, if you find the time, I would be glad to enjoy reading your posts more often!
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #29
rooq
...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan aims beyond Limond challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyT
Khan will start well in round one but in the second or third he will be caught by a short right from Limmond. Khan will be pissed off and will really go for it until round six or seven when Limmond will KO Khan with a straight right.
i wonder what odds you can get on that...
rooq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013