Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #31
80s champs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if hearns had been 147 vs leonard???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Tommy was great in 1981,however he was inexperienced. I remember Ray saying before that fight in an interview with I think George Michael the sports reporter that Tommy never experienced pain like saying he didn't have experience when things got tough. Kind of odd how as it turns out now Tommy has been in that position numerous times more than Ray since he had a much longer career.
When Hearns fought Benitez I think he was more rounded and knew how to win the rounds and pace himself. And Ray was brilliant inside and out of the ring. He knew that he would not beat Hearns in the rematch in 1982. Ray should have known that Tommy was not as washed up in 1989 as he thought he was. He overrated the Barkley and Kinchen fights. I never understood the Kinchen fight. I understand Tommy being stopped by Barkley, but Kinchen never had a huge punch and Tommy took bigger punches than that by other guys and stayed up.So when did go down with Kinchen, most people thought his chin was weakened. Then he fights Ray and takes solid punches. So I don't get it. Maybe Kinchen was a much harder puncher than Ray at 168.
Being a very big Hearns fan and watching his career since the first Leonard fight. I think his biggest problem was MOTIVATION as far as fair and electrifying performances. The second Leonard fight was evidence of that.And of course Duran (to reistablish his hit man image).There were several fights where he should have blown them away and others he surprised the fans with.(lt heavy champ his name escapes me)not dennis Andres

Last edited by 80s champs; 04-15-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: goof
80s champs is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum