Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #16
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157
Default Re: Why Did Rickson Gracie never fight Sakuraba ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
No I've not even started Jiu Jitsu yet, was getting ready to join the Jiu Jitsu school near me, but had to have a operation so thats set me back big time, defiantly gonna starts as soon as I feel 100% so I can really put everything into it.

Thats cool that you made it to blue, how hard did you find it to learn, is it tedious, or did you find it easy to retain what you saw in class.
Relson's belts are the hardest to earn so getting to blue can take 2 to 4 years but everyone else promotes much quicker. Usually you can earn a blue belt after one or two years.

Learning jiujitsu is all about repetition. That's it. Just practice the techniques and they become second hand. The guys that practice a move once and then want to move on to practice something they think is more "fun" have shit technique. Follow the old Japanese guideline that you don't know how to use a move until you've practiced it a thousand times. jiujitsu is a great art because of the hands on learning - so it is easy to pick up.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

RIckson never fought Sakuraba because than the Gracie and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu name would have been completely destroyed at that point after being dominated by a catch wrestler from Japan. Shameless duck so he could keep his pride and "300-0" record
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
RIckson never fought Sakuraba because than the Gracie and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu name would have been completely destroyed at that point after being dominated by a catch wrestler from Japan. Shameless duck so he could keep his pride and "300-0" record

suuuure it would have...
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #19
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

the early ufc evets were set up by the gracies to showcase jiu jitsu as the best fighting art in the world

if not only the founding family, but the BJJ GOAT rickson himself was owned by a pro wrestler from Japan it wouldnt have been good for their reputation
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #20
Wisdom
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
Relson's belts are the hardest to earn so getting to blue can take 2 to 4 years but everyone else promotes much quicker. Usually you can earn a blue belt after one or two years.

Learning jiujitsu is all about repetition. That's it. Just practice the techniques and they become second hand. The guys that practice a move once and then want to move on to practice something they think is more "fun" have shit technique. Follow the old Japanese guideline that you don't know how to use a move until you've practiced it a thousand times. jiujitsu is a great art because of the hands on learning - so it is easy to pick up.
thats sounds like great advice thanks

how do you prove yourself worthy of being graded, do you have to compete in competions or is it a one on one test against your instructor ?
Wisdom is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #21
Greco
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Would have been a great fight, and I think Rickson would have eventually caught Sakuraba in a sub somewhere along the way.
Greco is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum