Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 04-17-2012, 03:51 AM   #6391
abe01
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 415
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

whats the chances sandow goes walkabout this weekend and doesnt show up for wenty? iv got a bet with my mate that he wont last the year at parra,liking my chances at the moment
abe01 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 03:51 AM   #6392
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Christian Nicolussi
The Daily Telegraph
April 17, 2012 4:40PM

CHRIS Sandow has paid the ultimate price for his sluggish start at Parramatta by being dropped to the NSW Cup this weekend.

Sandow was hoping to return home to Cherbourg this weekend and spend some time with family and friends to lift his spirits.

Instead, the 22-year-old has been named to run around for the Eels’ feeder club Wentworthville in a bid to re-ignite his form.

Eels coach Stephen Kearney was clearly frustrated with Sandow’s effort over the opening seven rounds, and said after Sunday’s 24-18 loss to Cronulla: "He (Sandow) can certainly contribute more than he is at the moment’’.

Parramatta have been mostly awful in 2012 and are rooted at the bottom of the NRL ladder. Sandow has been especially targeted by fans, mostly because of the $550,000 price tag he came with from South Sydney.

Club favourite Luke Burt, who has been punted from first grade by Kearney, will also run around for Wenty.

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Good on you kearney, for once. BTW Burt must have score about 60 points in his four games for wenty? Anyone know?
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #6393
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Perhaps Oz Puncher and co will finally listen to me now when I say that Sandow will plunder at the Eels.
Bout ****ing time. Luke Burt to reserve grade? Kearney really hates white boys. Luke Burt is an Eels ATG and deserves way more than that. Always consistent, fast and very versatile on the edges.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #6394
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He couldn't even get a run in the Cherbourg team, there are way more talented players from Murgon then that clown.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #6395
Judged Mental
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

That's a bad sign if Kearney's giving Sandow a spell - it pretty much confirms that the Parra board and coach have accepted that they bought a lemon in him

Burt should be brought straight back to first grade, the bloke's extremely reliable and never put a foot wrong...it'd be a damn shame if he hung up the boots because he's been pushed out of the team by Kearney.
Judged Mental is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #6396
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judged Mental View Post
That's a bad sign if Kearney's giving Sandow a spell - it pretty much confirms that the Parra board and coach have accepted that they bought a lemon in him

Burt should be brought straight back to first grade, the bloke's extremely reliable and never put a foot wrong...it'd be a damn shame if he hung up the boots because he's been pushed out of the team by Kearney.
****ing bullshit. If you are being paid that sort of money, you are obligated to perform. If you lads renewed DCE and Forans contracts and then they didn't show any form after the deed was signed, you'd want a scalp as well.

**** the cunt, we don't need players that can't play consistently that demand huge sums, (which was Parramattas stupidity)many more players out there that deserve much more of a chance than he has had.

Re: Burt, couldn't agree more mate. He is a legend and has been a great player for Eels for the best part of 12 seasons.

Not having a go at you mate, but 7 rounds of absolute shitty playing from Sandow has been annoying the shit out of me.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #6397
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Christian Nicolussi
The Daily Telegraph
April 17, 2012 4:40PM

CHRIS Sandow has paid the ultimate price for his sluggish start at Parramatta by being dropped to the NSW Cup this weekend.

Sandow was hoping to return home to Cherbourg this weekend and spend some time with family and friends to lift his spirits.

Instead, the 22-year-old has been named to run around for the Eels’ feeder club Wentworthville in a bid to re-ignite his form.

Eels coach Stephen Kearney was clearly frustrated with Sandow’s effort over the opening seven rounds, and said after Sunday’s 24-18 loss to Cronulla: "He (Sandow) can certainly contribute more than he is at the moment’’.

Parramatta have been mostly awful in 2012 and are rooted at the bottom of the NRL ladder. Sandow has been especially targeted by fans, mostly because of the $550,000 price tag he came with from South Sydney.

Club favourite Luke Burt, who has been punted from first grade by Kearney, will also run around for Wenty.

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

hopefully they forget where they put him and next week luke burt is named as coach of 1st grade
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 04:21 AM   #6398
Judged Mental
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
****ing bullshit. If you are being paid that sort of money, you are obligated to perform. If you lads renewed DCE and Forans contracts and then they didn't show any form after the deed was signed, you'd want a scalp as well.

**** the cunt, we don't need players that can't play consistently that demand huge sums, (which was Parramattas stupidity)many more players out there that deserve much more of a chance than he has had.

Re: Burt, couldn't agree more mate. He is a legend and has been a great player for Eels for the best part of 12 seasons.

Not having a go at you mate, but 7 rounds of absolute shitty playing from Sandow has been annoying the shit out of me.
Mate, I agree with everything you say - I'm in no way sticking up for Sandow, just saying that Parra giving their $550k per season half a spell in the lower grade is pretty much confirmation that they have accepted they bought a donkey.

If they think that a spell in the lower grade is going to fire up his enthusiasm I fear they're in for a disappointment - I think they jumped to sign him on the premise that the salary cap would be massively increased with the new TV deal, and because he showed flashes of brilliance at Souths that they hoped could be harnessed and made consistent.

Unfortunately not...I reckon they'll already have moved onto their exit strategy i.e. hoping like hell he ****s up - doesn't turn up to play for Wenty, or gets plastered and does something stupid - so they can sever ties with him and not have to pay out his contract.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #6399
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

On the other hand, sandows better off getting match fitness under his belt this weekend then getting some home cooked mammas food at cherybough or wherever the **** he's from.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #6400
Judged Mental
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
On the other hand, sandows better off getting match fitness under his belt this weekend then getting some home cooked mammas food at cherybough or wherever the **** he's from.
True that, the little oompa loompa comes back fatter from Cherbourg every time
Old 04-17-2012, 05:56 AM   #6401
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post

Welcome to my world

Every souths supporter was the same, he was so hot & cold, so far at Parra he's just been cold, but i dont doubt he'll come good & when he does you'll think you've turned the corner with him & he'll rush out of the line & miss a shoulder charge at 12-12 with 5 to go & you'll call him a cunt again, but then he'll put a drop goal over in a game in golden point from halfway & he'll be god again, then he might have three or four good games & you'll again think he's found his feet, but has he really ever???

I watched him from word go at Souths, he started really well at Souths when he came out of toyota cup mid season, but then it was just a roller coaster until about his last half year with us, which is more than likely all the Parra recruitment people remember

Souths & Parra are pretty different teams, you'd think that Kearney will try & bring in the same kind of discipline that Maguire is bringing into Souths that they both learnt from Bellamy & they might both be more like each other than most think in time, i still think Kearney is through pride trying to have to many Islanders & kiwis in the squad, seems he's culturally blinded
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 AM   #6402
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judged Mental View Post
True that, the little oompa loompa comes back fatter from Cherbourg every time
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #6403
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
Welcome to my world

Every souths supporter was the same, he was so hot & cold, so far at Parra he's just been cold, but i dont doubt he'll come good & when he does you'll think you've turned the corner with him & he'll rush out of the line & miss a shoulder charge at 12-12 with 5 to go & you'll call him a cunt again, but then he'll put a drop goal over in a game in golden point from halfway & he'll be god again, then he might have three or four good games & you'll again think he's found his feet, but has he really ever???

I watched him from word go at Souths, he started really well at Souths when he came out of toyota cup mid season, but then it was just a roller coaster until about his last half year with us, which is more than likely all the Parra recruitment people remember

Souths & Parra are pretty different teams, you'd think that Kearney will try & bring in the same kind of discipline that Maguire is bringing into Souths that they both learnt from Bellamy & they might both be more like each other than most think in time, i still think Kearney is through pride trying to have to many Islanders & kiwis in the squad, seems he's culturally blinded
This is how I see it...
Mid 2008, Souths were something stupid like 1-9 and the halves just werent working. Taylor was panacking bigtime and brought in Sandow to see how things go. Sandow rose to the occasion and played his natural game, and continued to do so throughout the 2008 season and end up getting rookie of the year.
2009 came, and Taylor decided to throw a lot of structure into Chris' game. Aside from round 1 where he was great and destroyed the scum, Sandow had an awful year.
2010 was a bit better, and under Lang he found some of his natural game again. He was still found wanting often and his defence was nowhere to be found, but he gained some of his attacking apark back. He got better as the year went on, but not good enough to earn more than a 1 year contract.

In 2011, he was flourishing under Lang's "play whats in front of you - no structure" style. His defence was again all over the place, but Chris seemed to be having fun. By seasons end, many were divided about him. The Sandow happy clappers were convinced he would play for Queensland within 2 seasons, while the naysayers were convinced he would end up at Wenty.

The rest is history.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #6404
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I can honestly say he was going to flunk early on. He is a ****ing terrible personality because he can go completely off the rails at the drop of a hat. He is worse than Carney. At least Carney plays good in 90% of his games not 10% like Sandow.

The cunt can stay at Wenty.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #6405
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

i think Hayne at 5/8 would be great. His a fantastic player and there is no doubt he has the ability to play in the halves for NSW.

Sandow has been so bad. Whenever I have watched Parra this year his just been totally clueless I think the club had no choice but to drop him.
liger05 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum