Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 16500
Default Di Rocco vs Lauri II

The rematch is set for April 14

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqzKmhnnobw[/ame]

What the hell happened here? Strange ending. Boxrec lists the first fight as a TKO.
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Di Rocco vs Lauri II

Video of the rematch

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNUmSIK4M5c[/ame]
Old 04-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Yeah, I saw it live. Crazy.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Lauri's Legs turned literally on over done Italian Speghetti.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post
Lauri's Legs turned literally on over done Italian Speghetti.
Al dente.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Lauri's knockout loss against McCloskey was a brutal one but it was a competive fight and Lauri looked pretty good before knockout. Lauri had a long career behind him when he came to fight against Shafikov and Shafikov really destroyed this fella and that was a career ending beating and you can see that if you look at his latest fights. Shafikov gave a brutal beating for Lauri and Lauri really got his ass kicked in every round. Lauri isnt same anymore. Really now it's time to hang em up. He had a nice and respetful career.
Consu is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post
Lauri's knockout loss against McCloskey was a brutal one but it was a competive fight and Lauri looked pretty good before knockout. Lauri had a long career behind him when he came to fight against Shafikov and Shafikov really destroyed this fella and that was a career ending beating and you can see that if you look at his latest fights. Shafikov gave a brutal beating for Lauri and Lauri really got his ass kicked in every round. Lauri isnt same anymore. Really now it's time to hang em up. He had a nice and respetful career.
So no interest in Di Rocco vs Lauri III?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
Leifhackman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
So no interest in Di Rocco vs Lauri III?
I'd like to see Di Rocco vs. Shafikov. However, I don't think Di Rocco has had a serious competition since he fought Lauri for the 1st time. So at least to me it's not so clear what really is Di Rocco's level today.

What I don't understand is that whose idea was it that Lauri would be the right man to fight for any kind of title at this point?
Leifhackman is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #9
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Open letter from Lauri

Quote:
Sports reporters, spectators and friends of boxing with this open letter, do not want to belittle the victory of his friend Di Rocco, but we want to clarify some things. After the defeat of the European Union, and after a brief period of confusion, along with my father, given the difficulties in returning to the weight limit, we decided the category change. Three weeks ago unexpectedly came to make the request by cosfidante Michele Di Rocco for the title of the European Union, and the offer was so tempting, "not from the economic point of view" but from a technical sport, which I accepted immediately, not thinking about the big issues that I had to get back in the weight, since I was around to seventy-five pounds. Just from my home I left Hungary for Varese in the best way to finish the preparation, the first day of training at about 69 pounds I felt great and my father arranged the technical side, but it was doubtful for return to the limits of the category, with waning energies decreased weight, hiding my physical weakness, with many more mental strength. My father has assumed full responsibility for this defeat, convinced of my fullness, physical pisco, because my will to fight was stronger than that of renunciation. I climbed into the ring with his head, as they say but I had my legs and I was completely drained, I was like a Ferrari without petrol. Now I will grant a period of rest, and after the visits of the case, and appropriate management of my ability with the help of dietician and especially with the direction of my father, will share in the new weight class. To all my fans can assure you that you are physically and mentally fine and my career can not end this way.

REMEMBER THAT WE ARE 1-1!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

So Lauri thinks the problem is that he's draining to make 140, and he was planning to move up to 147 anyway but got a call with the opportunity to reclaim the same vacant title he'd already beaten Di Rocco for 5 years earlier and listened to his dad egging him on that he could still be competitive at light welterweight and to go for the glory?

And now he's going to fight on, but at welterweight?

I guess it isn't a bad move if cutting down is really part of his troubles. Fortunately for him there aren't many big punchers at welterweight when it comes to the top of the Italian domestic heap. (Branco, Bundu, etc.)

Maybe Lauri could land an opportunity as Sven Paris' comeback opponent? If he loses, hang 'em up. If he wins, keep on going at WW.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #11
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
So Lauri thinks the problem is that he's draining to make 140, and he was planning to move up to 147 anyway but got a call with the opportunity to reclaim the same vacant title he'd already beaten Di Rocco for 5 years earlier and listened to his dad egging him on that he could still be competitive at light welterweight and to go for the glory?

And now he's going to fight on, but at welterweight?

I guess it isn't a bad move if cutting down is really part of his troubles. Fortunately for him there aren't many big punchers at welterweight when it comes to the top of the Italian domestic heap. (Branco, Bundu, etc.)

Maybe Lauri could land an opportunity as Sven Paris' comeback opponent? If he loses, hang 'em up. If he wins, keep on going at WW.
Di rocco was beating Lauri, He lost by DQ because he starting kicking and swinging at Lauri because of all of his intentional butts, Di Rocco should be undefeated.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum