boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #31
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Nathan Cleverly withdraws from April 28th defence against Robin Krasniqi

Im gutted I was really looking forward to this super-fight, I guess Ill have to make do with Mayweather v Cotto in the future.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #32
Bonavena25
Vamos!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Nathan Cleverly withdraws from April 28th defence against Robin Krasniqi

Don't worry fellas. Cleverly will beat this virus and come back stronger than ever. He's using Andre Dirrell's doctor.

Doctor...Shaw Hi.
Bonavena25 is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #33
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Dawson will pull out

Clev will step in

Britain will have a new hero.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #34
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
i can imagine ticket sales were **** poor for this.
We need numbers Rob, dont be so vague.
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #35
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I might be the only person with a ticket.

I bought a ticket to see boxing at the Royal Albert Hall, more than anything. It's a great venue for the sport and deserves support.
So I thought, **** it, I'll put up with the low quality of the card, which was very disappointing.

BUT I did expect to see a "world championship" match. And that's what it says on my ticket.

The main event needs to be replaced. It's disgraceful if they just keep the card as it is minus the main event. That would be unjustifiable.
Legend X is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #36
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend X View Post

I bought a ticket to see boxing at the Royal Albert Hall, more than anything. It's a great venue for the sport and deserves support.
So I thought, **** it, I'll put up with the low quality of the card, which was very disappointing.

BUT I did expect to see a "world championship" match. And that's what it says on my ticket.

The main event needs to be replaced. It's disgraceful if they just keep the card as it is minus the main event. That would be unjustifiable.
if it goes ahead with just the undercard will you still go or seek a refund?
Tommy O C is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
FrochFan7
Expert In Stucco
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Surely you can't actually believe that Clevelry/Krasniqi was a "world championship" fight?
FrochFan7 is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #38
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy O C View Post
if it goes ahead with just the undercard will you still go or seek a refund?

On principle, I'll seek a refund.

I have an Albert Hall ticket that says "Frank Wa#ren presents World Championship Boxing" .... it doesn't say "presents an elminator for a domestic title" !
Legend X is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #39
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrochFan7 View Post
Surely you can't actually believe that Clevelry/Krasniqi was a "world championship" fight?
No, but that's not the point.
It was advertised as such, and was the main event.
Legend X is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #40
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
"I've been unable to train because I've been laid up in bed with a viral infection and there's not enough time to make up what I've missed in training to make sure I'm fully fit," Cleverly said. "I've taken the advice of my doctor and been told to fully rest before attempting to start training again.

"I'm really disappointed because I was looking forward to being the first fighter to bring boxing back to the Royal Albert Hall in over a decade and the first of the century."

"It was a big night for me as Hopkins was facing Dawson on the same night and I was looking to do a good job on Krasniqi to get a fight with the winner," Cleverly said.

"I'm sorry for my fans, but I'm happy that the show will go on and a great talent like Billy Joe Saunders will now be topping the card along with Sam Webb and Matthew Hall, which looks like a cracking fight," Cleverly said.

Frank: "It's such a shame that Cleverly has been hit with a viral infection, and at a crucial time in his training and career. He is unable to fight and he now needs to have a good rest, get himself healthy and resume training before we look to reschedule his title defense.
Said Fat Dan
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
lozkina
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Im gutted I was really looking forward to this super-fight, I guess Ill have to make do with Mayweather v Cotto in the future.

its funny u shud say that i feel the same way , well gutted
lozkina is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #42
saintsmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I'm going as well. It's a bit of a joke really. But to be expected, my guess is that Enzo will have a quick tune up against some journeyman to replace it as the main event.

Also expecting Skeete to be in with someone half decent over 8 rounds, saying that BJS VS Hill and Webb VS Hall are two good fights, looking forward to those.
saintsmike is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #43
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

I am just gutted this fight isn't happening, had FOTY written all over it. IMHO Clev could have gone in at 50% and still won comfortably.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #44
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

False advertising - Sue Allegedly he's false advertising all over the place at the minute and getting away with it!
rampant is online now  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #45
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsmike View Post
I'm going as well. It's a bit of a joke really. But to be expected, my guess is that Enzo will have a quick tune up against some journeyman to replace it as the main event.

Also expecting Skeete to be in with someone half decent over 8 rounds, saying that BJS VS Hill and Webb VS Hall are two good fights, looking forward to those.
Yeah, true, I was expecting Saunders-Hill and Webb-Hall to be better than the Cleverly fight anyway.
Legend X is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum