Loses to Cotto - Jail - Retires 1 1.02%
Finally takes on a challenge and loses (Paq/Martinez) 17 17.35%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2012, 04:27 AM   #16
charlstonbigspu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather - How will it end?

I don't think he'll take any challenges now couple more fight easy money and retire undefeated.

As has been said it'll be a waste of talent which is a shame cos he is the most talented since I started getting into boxing. But at the end of the day it's his own fault for not taking the risks.
charlstonbigspu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 04:27 AM   #17
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I wouldn't even say that. His ability isn't proven in the way even Kalambay's is. Schooling an undefeated McCallum>>>Corrales/Gatti combined.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 04:28 AM   #18
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
Floyd probably is in the top 25 for natural talent and ability, but in terms of accomplishments you can't help but feel underwhelmed.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's never fought anyone (like I would with Calzaghe pretty much), but there's only a couple of opponents he faced at their most dangerous.

And a list of excellent opponents that he either didn't face or got at the wrong time legacy wise.
Bang on.

Just because he didn't fight them at their most dangerous doesn't mean their worthless victories, as is often claimed.

You know he's ever only taken two guys cherries (debutants aside), Corrales and Hatton - says a lot I think.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #19
Jimjom
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Only one of those is in my top 25 (Pernell) and absolutely no chance would I put Floyd in that company.

If he beat Pac' and Sergio he might break the top 50-60.
Interestingly flea where would you put pac if he defeats bradley and retires? I do think think it's absolutely crazy to make a case for him to be somewhere in the top 15, going by the people he's beat, I think top 25 is reasonable
Jimjom is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #20
Jimjom
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Is he really that talented? He's a cheap version of Pernell imo, and I don't see why having that style automatically gives you talent points
Jimjom is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #21
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
No he wouldn't.
dont be a retard.

I'm no fan, but you cant deny he is a great boxer and if he was to fight and beat pac and also Martinez at 160 he has to be considered right up there...
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 04:39 AM   #22
12downfor10
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 206

Ortiz would be too strong for Frankie IMHO. I do agree that he is an idiot in the ring and gavin would make him look stupid at times(especially with his footwork, which is great) but I still think Victor's got enough physical advantages to walk him down. He showed in the Berto fight that he can come through adversity.
On topic I think Floyd has 3 more fights after beating cotto. Pac will be one when Bob decides to cash in. Possibly the man at 140 in a year or two's time could be one and then canelo or ***y sergio. I think he'd win the lot as well.
12downfor10 is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #23
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Why do people, who don't know boxing history to a fair extent, just throw around numbers relating to ATG standings like they have any credence? Obviously it's all subjective, but surely your understanding of an ATG list would be skewed if you haven't watched/studied all the greats to get a fair balance of things?

I admit that I don't know enough about the greats to formulate even a rough outline as to where I would place them in a list. That's why I won't be saying 'Floyd is top 10/20/40/60' etc. because it would just be a shot in the dark and hold no credibility whatsoever.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #24
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
Why do people, who don't know boxing history to a fair extent, just throw around numbers relating to ATG standings like they have any credence? Obviously it's all subjective, but surely your understanding of an ATG list would be skewed if you haven't watched/studied all the greats to get a fair balance of things?

I admit that I don't know enough about the greats to formulate even a rough outline as to where I would place them in a list. That's why I won't be saying 'Floyd is top 10/20/40/60' etc. because it would just be a shot in the dark and hold no credibility whatsoever.
No opinion holds real credibility here, doesn't mean I don't want to hear it. There are people here who have seen alot and was looking for their opinions on ATG standing.

Really though, the main question was how will it end for him i.e. 0 losses w/ challenges, 1 loss to a nohoper, or 1 loss in 50/50 fight or jail
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_messi View Post
dont be a retard.

I'm no fan, but you cant deny he is a great boxer and if he was to fight and beat pac and also Martinez at 160 he has to be considered right up there...
Still wouldn't, study more.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #26
nick_1204
Lil Floyd
ESB Full Member

Id vote for the top one cause thats the only one that i think will happen but not 50-0

I think hell fight cotto, alvarez, pac and martinez and retire

46-0

We will be lucky to have all of these fighta and they are based on the others winning from now on but if we get 1 of the other 3 after cotto then i will be happy and remember mayweather as one of the true greats.

Remember hes 35, he doesnt fight that often so for him to fight all 4 he will probably be 37 by the time he retires
nick_1204 is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #27
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post

Im with you on this one, I dont know anywhere near enough to put him in at a number whereas other's may, (mainly Flea) but his hatred towards Floyd clouds his judgement.

In my opinion Myweather is the best boxer in the world and has dominated his era for many years, he will be an ATG regardless of where!

Last edited by rampant; 04-18-2012 at 06:28 AM.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #28
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

He only needs a few more wins to be in the Top bracket of ATGs.

Cotto Next
Pac
and Martinez

Thats it. He does that hes top 20 maybe top 10
emallini is online now  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #29
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
Im with you on this one, I dont know anywhere near enough to put him in at a number whereas other may, (mainly Flea) but his hatred towards Floyd clouds his judgement.

In my opinion Myweather is the best boxer in the world and has dominated his era for many years, he will be an ATG regardless of where!
Would be wasting my own time if I let personal bias get in the way of ranking fighters. I can assure you, I don't study boxing like I do to exclude one man from a fair assesment due to my dislike of his out-of-ring persona.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #30
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

43) Cotto May 2012 154
44) Berto January 2013 147
45) Pacquiao May 2013 147
46) Pacquiao 2 Dec 2013 147
47) Alvarez May 2014 154
4 Brook Dec 2014 154
49) Martinez May 2015 160
50) Andrade Dec 2015 154

Top 10 of All time
Jonsey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum