Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #91
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
Clown? Coming from you I'll accept that as a compliment....I'm tired of typing the same thing over and over...Page back already
It was a rhetorical question

There is whiff of hypocrisy around. Your rationale is Pac is quicker and more intelligent, therefore he'd be able to beat Hatton to the punch. Fair enough. So then why can Joe Calzaghe not do this, when he is in a weight division equally absurd for his frame?

Don't give me any shit about punching power either, Pac's has diminshed notably as he scaled the weights
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #92
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
Posts: 6,022
vCash: 800
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
It was a rhetorical question

There is whiff of hypocrisy around. Your rationale is Pac is quicker and more intelligent, therefore he'd be able to beat Hatton to the punch. Fair enough. So then why can Joe Calzaghe not do this, when he is in a weight division equally absurd for his frame?

Don't give me any shit about punching power either, Pac's has diminshed notably as he scaled the weights
I'm glad you understand and respect my assessment...Wheres Joe fit in here?? I understand your point but who's he fighting??
RealIzm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #93
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
I'm glad you understand and respect my assessment...Wheres Joe fit in here?? I understand your point but who's he fighting??
Do you not remember our little thread in which we discussed Joe Calzaghe vs. a number of HW's excluding Wlad? Chagaev, Ibragimov maybe?

Baring in mind Hatton is p4p much higher than the aforementioned fighters, and both Calzaghe/Pacquiao would be defying logic in those weight divisions I struggle to see how Pac wins, yet Calzaghe can't even compete
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #94
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
uh, yeah he is. That'd be a nasty sight. Hatton would beat him into a bloody pulp.

No one really thinks Hatton would lose that fight unless...

a) You're blood related to Pacquiao
b) your name is PacDBest
c) you dislike Hatton

or...all of the above. Tell me how you feel Pacquiao can beat Hatton.

I'll wait.
Nope... Pacdbest the one & only Pacdbest. I don't use different names. You can see me at Pacland too.

The guy has his own mind & looks like a Brave guy who thinks like me & see things like me. He's thinking right.

Nobody thinks Nonito can beat Darchinyan, but I saw it.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #95
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oldham, England
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 871
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
Nope... Pacdbest the one & only Pacdbest. I don't use different names. You can see me at Pacland too.

The guy has his own mind & looks like a Brave guy who thinks like me & see things like me. He's thinking right.

Nobody thinks Nonito can beat Darchinyan, but I saw it.
Well sorry to burst your bubble but hatton will ko him in 10.
john b is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #96
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oldham, England
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 871
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
You are living off of that prediction like McBride living off of his win over Tyson.
you could add danny williams into that.
john b is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #97
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
Posts: 6,022
vCash: 800
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Do you not remember our little thread in which we discussed Joe Calzaghe vs. a number of HW's excluding Wlad? Chagaev, Ibragimov maybe?

Baring in mind Hatton is p4p much higher than the aforementioned fighters, and both Calzaghe/Pacquiao would be defying logic in those weight divisions I struggle to see how Pac wins, yet Calzaghe can't even compete
It's a matter of 10lbs vs 33lbs... the comparison you're trying to get at is a horrible one mate the differences are:
other than 10lbs Hatton and Pac are the exact same height
Pac has a 2" reach advantage

For Joe to reach HW you can't begin to fathom the weightlifting needed to produce that much weight....dare we speculate on how much this slows Joe down??.......So I see your point...I hope you understand mine...I hope you can understand why
RealIzm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #98
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 8,363
vCash: 105
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Id pick Pac to beat Juan Diaz 9/10 but Hatton is not only bigger but a stylistic nightmare for Pac. Unless Pac carries his KO power to 140, he will get bullied all over the ring and ko via bodyshot.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #99
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oldham, England
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 871
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
True enough

Although McBride REALLY acts like he's so great because he beat Tyson. And parades around like "I beat Mike Tyson! I beat Mike Tyson!" Shit, infact, in the book I just finished reading - Facing Tyson: Fifteen Fighters, Fifteen Stories by Ted. A Kluck, he interviews McBride towards the end, they meet at a restaurant and McBride asks the waitress "Do you know who I am" she thinks for a second, "No, I don't" she responds and he smiles with "I'm the guy who beat Mike Tyson"

Same applies for this clown. He predicts Donaire to cause the upset, does so and that's his only 15 minutes to fame. And than whenever he's in a debate about a matchup where Pac REALISTICALLY has no chance, he says "I also Predict Donaire to upset Vic."

Like damn! **** off man
yeah well if it was the tyson that destroyed bruno in 85 he would have beat them both in the same night.
john b is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #100
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 8,363
vCash: 105
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
True enough

Although McBride REALLY acts like he's so great because he beat Tyson. And parades around like "I beat Mike Tyson! I beat Mike Tyson!" Shit, infact, in the book I just finished reading - Facing Tyson: Fifteen Fighters, Fifteen Stories by Ted. A Kluck, he interviews McBride towards the end, they meet at a restaurant and McBride asks the waitress "Do you know who I am" she thinks for a second, "No, I don't" she responds and he smiles with "I'm the guy who beat Mike Tyson"

Same applies for this clown. He predicts Donaire to cause the upset, does so and that's his only 15 minutes to fame. And than whenever he's in a debate about a matchup where Pac REALISTICALLY has no chance, he says "I also Predict Donaire to upset Vic."

Like damn! **** off man
lol. Well to his credit McBride beat a shot Tyson therefore it wasnt a great win. PacD had a great prediction however, not for the fact that he predicted who would win but he predicted the punch too. My jaw dropped when I watched the fight and looked at how accurate he analysed the fight. He has very strong bias towards Pac but he can analyse fights unlike some who are very rational but only really just follow what the general concensus thinks...
dangerousity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #101
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
It's a matter of 10lbs vs 33lbs... the comparison you're trying to get at is a horrible one mate the differences are:
other than 10lbs Hatton and Pac are the exact same height
Pac has a 2" reach advantage

For Joe to reach HW you can't begin to fathom the weightlifting needed to produce that much weight....dare we speculate on how much this slows Joe down??.......So I see your point...overall its a horrible comparison...I hope you can understand why
Yes, its 10lbs from where Pac is at now, but this is a huge amount for a man that has filled out at the lower weights. It's not like De La Hoya, who was still developing physically, this is Pac's actual frame. His punching power and strength has already diminished at super feather. So he is completely outgunned physically, just as Joe would be

As for height and reach, I think you'd be suprised compared to a guy like Chagaev. Reach would be very similar, and a couple inches in height, Joe loves the taller guys

I take your point about putting the weight on and retaining speed, but then Joe would come in right on the limit. Considering he walks around at 200, it really isn't as dramatic as you make out

Also, Joe is more likely to outbox a bigger guy than Pacquiao. How many Pac fights do you see and say "wow, he completely outboxed that guy". Outfought maybe

The comparison is apt. Thinking about it, I don't truely believe Joe would beat a HW. He would compete for a while. It's your logic that disturbs me, since you confidently predict Pac to beat Hatton
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #102
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oldham, England
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 871
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Yes, its 10lbs from where Pac is at now, but this is a huge amount for a man that has filled out at the lower weights. It's not like De La Hoya, who was still developing physically, this is Pac's actual frame. His punching power and strength has already diminished at super feather. So he is completely outgunned physically, just as Joe would be

As for height and reach, I think you'd be suprised compared to a guy like Chagaev. Reach would be very similar, and a couple inches in height, Joe loves the taller guys

I take your point about putting the weight on and retaining speed, but then Joe would come in right on the limit. Considering he walks around at 200, it really isn't as dramatic as you make out

Also, Joe is more likely to outbox a bigger guy than Pacquiao. How many Pac fights do you see and say "wow, he completely outboxed that guy". Outfought maybe

The comparison is apt
john b is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #103
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 8,363
vCash: 105
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Yes, its 10lbs from where Pac is at now, but this is a huge amount for a man that has filled out at the lower weights. It's not like De La Hoya, who was still developing physically, this is Pac's actual frame. His punching power and strength has already diminished at super feather. So he is completely outgunned physically, just as Joe would be

As for height and reach, I think you'd be suprised compared to a guy like Chagaev. Reach would be very similar, and a couple inches in height, Joe loves the taller guys

I take your point about putting the weight on and retaining speed, but then Joe would come in right on the limit. Considering he walks around at 200, it really isn't as dramatic as you make out

Also, Joe is more likely to outbox a bigger guy than Pacquiao. How many Pac fights do you see and say "wow, he completely outboxed that guy". Outfought maybe

The comparison is apt
Id pick Calzaghe to beat plenty of HW's if he went up properly, Mackie Shillstone baby! He wouldnt beat Wlad but he would probably outbox Peter, Chagaev, Valuev, Sultan etc.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #104
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
Posts: 868
vCash: 525
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

again hatton kicks his ass...
stuistylee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #105
johnco
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton 140 who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
True enough

Although McBride REALLY acts like he's so great because he beat Tyson. And parades around like "I beat Mike Tyson! I beat Mike Tyson!" Shit, infact, in the book I just finished reading - Facing Tyson: Fifteen Fighters, Fifteen Stories by Ted. A Kluck, he interviews McBride towards the end, they meet at a restaurant and McBride asks the waitress "Do you know who I am" she thinks for a second, "No, I don't" she responds and he smiles with "I'm the guy who beat Mike Tyson"

Same applies for this clown. He predicts Donaire to cause the upset, does so and that's his only 15 minutes to fame. And than whenever he's in a debate about a matchup where Pac REALISTICALLY has no chance, he says "I also Predict Donaire to upset Vic."

Like damn! **** off man

common dumb ass. stop using emoticons to save your ass
all you do is make fun of someone where in fact you got no guts in making an accurate prediction. just give credit where credit is due. he predicted it right with pin point accuracy. he used his brain. you used your emoticons .
i think you **** yourself cuase you are a retard going by the minute
johnco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013