Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #61
Trickster
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Joe Gallagher dangerous....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I think it was still a 50-50 fight. Derry was tiring and getting hurt, Crolla was getting more ragged and could clearly be wobbled. It was shaping up to be a thrilling battle and the stoppage completely ruined it. It took a lot of the shine off of Derry's excellent showing.
This is an important point that many will miss. As much as Crolla will feel hard done by, it robbed Derry of the chance to win the fight legitimately and without controversy. He may well have gone on to stop Crolla properly shortly after and would have been given his dues but we'll never know.

I wanted Crolla to win because he's become one of my favourite domestic fighters since he moved to Hatton, I thought he'd win convincingly too so fair play to Derry for that performance. Didn't think he had it in him at this stage so he deserves a lot of credit. As for Crolla, he needs to have a serious look at his training now because he seems to have abandoned what was a very nice style to watch in favour of the Gallagher style, it will get him nowhere and I hope he puts a stop to it before it ruins his career.
Trickster is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #62
Tdog
Journeyman

Joe gallaghers conditioning is second to none but this marching forward style relying on strength and stamina can't work for everyone and needs addressing immediately Billy Graham keeps being mentioned why? He was an awful trainer who was handed a great talent Ricky was always going to be class.
Tdog is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #63
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Hatton was extremely classy as a novice pro, then when he needed to win at higher level him and Billy fell into the 'winning formula' and stuck with it. Sadly that formula is rewarding in short term but long term isn't what you need to be doing at top level.

What Floyd Snr tried to do was kinda right, just executed in wrong way but didn't help having someone undoing your work behind your back if that's what Beard was doing..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #64
Tdog
Journeyman

Nicely worded that lad lee beard should work in fitness first teaching overweight people how to work the treadmill very limited knowledge
Tdog is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #65
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog View Post
Nicely worded that lad lee beard should work in fitness first teaching overweight people how to work the treadmill very limited knowledge
You seen his work mate?. I hear not good...

I didn't like way he lived on the 'i've been in U.S' stuff. Anyone can go watch a top trainer doesn't mean they will have learned anything.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #66
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I think it was still a 50-50 fight. Derry was tiring and getting hurt, Crolla was getting more ragged and could clearly be wobbled. It was shaping up to be a thrilling battle and the stoppage completely ruined it. It took a lot of the shine off of Derry's excellent showing.
Yep, Derry performed alot better then i thought he would TBH. It had domestic FOTY written all over it, Ref's in Britain are really taking the entertainment value out of boxing.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #67
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I thought it was great fight for the public although has a coach it must have been a nightmare,both boys were one punch away from defeat
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #68
Tdog
Journeyman

Yes mate he more of a conditioner that I've bin to the states shout very lame
Tdog is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #69
Tdog
Journeyman

Billy do you think people being harsh on Gallagher or is thii a genuine issue that needs looking at?
Tdog is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #70
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yes mate he more of a conditioner that I've bin to the states shout very lame
Old 04-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #71
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Billy do you think people being harsh on Gallagher or is thii a genuine issue that needs looking at?
Ive never seen Joe train guys in a gym not really for me to say but were in a results driven buisness
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #72
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Yep, Derry performed alot better then i thought he would TBH. It had domestic FOTY written all over it, Ref's in Britain are really taking the entertainment value out of boxing.
derrys a very good boxer,he only really has come unstuck against top performers.

i used to love watching him when he was ibcbbfwwfff champ,always gave value
widdy is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #73
Geddy Lee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

are the boxers from the Gallagher gym all stupid?

do they ever watch other fights?

where they see other boxers move and other skills that they want to try out themseleves, if i was at the gym i would try my own moves out and if Gallagher said dont do that just march forward and get beat up to ****, i would leave,

i cant believe none of these lads have watched no other boxers like and thought , wit a minute, that looks like a good idea to try some of these moves.

all sunds ****ing stupid to me,

you really saying crolla and murray have no other idea about boxing, or try a few moves in the fight to find any of the opponents weakness and capitalise on that,

if so i find it remarkable from a pro sportsmen,
Geddy Lee is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #74
chrisbonnie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

the fight had an eery likeness to the Alex Arthur vs Michael Gomez one for me.

the new super kid vs the washed up banger.

Im shocked fighters want to train under Joe Gallagher though, all of his fighters fight the EXACT SAME WAY, that shows he's a one trick pony.

i pity Scott Quigg in his next two fights. He may well beat Munroe, but when he faces a heavy hitter like Frampton he will be knocked spark out. No doubt about it. no wonder Barry McGuigan is chomping at the bit to make the fight.
chrisbonnie is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #75
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Some of this critism is ridiculous. I'm well pleased for Derry, and at the same time sad for Crolla but it was a questionable stoppage. Further to this- Joe might not be everyone's cup of tea but give me one trainer who has had his lads from the start- as in from novice beginner to amateur champion to pro to pro champion.

He's a very good trainer.

Name me some better trainers then him? You can pick holes in any boxers CV and also any trainers. Too many intangibles to always be consistent. IMO.

No hatred. No homo. No argue.
brown bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum