Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #46
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: Cleverly:I thought Bellew was exceptional tonight, the re-match is inevitable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacity View Post
Bellew would outbox and frustrate Clev in a re-match
Out-box & out-punch...again...

Too bad it won't actually happen.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #47
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Cleverly:I thought Bellew was exceptional tonight, the re-match is inevitable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
I think Clev will fight a different fight next time Flea and will "win by a bigger margin " one thing I would like to know the answer to is why did Bellew all but abandon his jab mid way through the first fight ? He was fighting beautifully the last time up until around rounds 6-7 then lost his way .
Cleverly is not a thinking fighter , he doesn't box using strategy , he comes out and over whelms with work rate , and output , he can only fight one way , if you are as active as Cleverly and beat him to the punch , you have the measure of him

Easier said than done against a man as fit and strong as Nathan Cleverly

Bellew should look to blast him out and abandon boxing him all together
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #48
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Yeah remember Mirko Cro Cop's leg bending when he got sparked over here. Sickening...

I like McIntosh he's soppy but brave as a old boots. Shame his style is a walking disaster area.
Cro Cop against Gonzaga might just be the worst....ouch.

And Bryn, another good example. Not nice. Especially when you've just been clouted one on the chin
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #49
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

If Bellew tries to blast out Cleverly he'd come second.

I've always wondered about the legs when someone gets sparked, how there haven't been any reported cruciates I'll never know.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #50
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
If Bellew tries to blast out Cleverly he'd come second.

I've always wondered about the legs when someone gets sparked, how there haven't been any reported cruciates I'll never know.
So your saying Cleverly flattens Bellew in a hooking exchange ???
Old 04-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #51
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

No, not at all, but Cleverly is a tough, game little ****er who punches non-stop when he's in range.

Realistically, Cleverly's only chance to beat Bellew is if Tony obliges him. Box behind the jab and it's a one-sided fight in his favour. Cleverly (to me anyway) only seems comfortable leading, so it's up to the opponent to lead.

I might watch the Murat fight again tomorrow and critique him, I really rate the lad as I've said before, his potential is enormous, but to me he isn't sure of his identity as a fighter, doesn't know his game, as a cricketer would say.

Saying that Bellew is similar, he's obviously watched a lot of Tommy Hearns as a kid.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #52
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
No, not at all, but Cleverly is a tough, game little ****er who punches non-stop when he's in range.

Realistically, Cleverly's only chance to beat Bellew is if Tony obliges him. Box behind the jab and it's a one-sided fight in his favour. Cleverly (to me anyway) only seems comfortable leading, so it's up to the opponent to lead.

I might watch the Murat fight again tomorrow and critique him, I really rate the lad as I've said before, his potential is enormous, but to me he isn't sure of his identity as a fighter, doesn't know his game, as a cricketer would say.

Saying that Bellew is similar, he's obviously watched a lot of Tommy Hearns as a kid.
I don't see Bellew having the work rate to simply box Cleverly to a decision , you don't get a free pass behind the jab from Nathan Cleverly , he's too fresh and strong for that , i think Tony should completely refrain from boxing Cleverly and find that chin !!!! focus solely on knocking him out , if he does , he could take care of Cleverly inside 5 rounds if Cleverly is continuously dragged into a hooking contest
Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #53
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Out-box & out-punch...again...

Too bad it won't actually happen.
I'm hopeful it will happen what with Clev "tweeting" and Bomber calling him out ....
perspicacity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum