boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
Ray Dollars
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bellew Vs Clevery II - Too Soon?

A rematch this soon just confirms that Clev has no ambitions of rising above European level, even though he holds an alphabet belt.
Ray Dollars is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #17
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I don't think the general public would be that interested if the fight was signed for the summer. It's too soon since the previous fight and both men need a good couple of wins under their belt before a rematch. Bellew should fight a world ranked fighter or someone with a name like Glen Johnson and Cleverly should fight a couple of guys who deserve a world title shot. If that happens, the public will love a rematch but until then, I don't think they could match the hype of the first fight.

It's the same with DeGale and Groves. They couldn't have fought again straight away because nobody would have cared. The general public certainly wouldn't. I'd say the same for Quigg/Frampton too. Until the general public are as excited for these fights as hardcore fans, they shouldn't happen. It's bad business sense to rush a fight or a rematch, just because both fighters want it.

I'd love to see Bellew beat Cleverly and be a world champion. I just think it makes more sense to wait.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #18
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bellew would be better fighting other people and building his profile before taking this fight, it's one to make in a few years time, not now for me
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #19
porkypara
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Why not?

Not any other big fights on Cleverly near future and from Bellew's point of view he gets to fight for a title belt.

Also from the fans point of view the first fight was great so why not do it again.
porkypara is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

In a perfect world, Bellew would take Shumenovs belt then take on Cleverly but that is a tough fight.

That said, any complaints about Peterson & Khan or Ortiz & Berto fighting again so soon?

I'll take a good fight in any shape or form. All it takes is one poor performance and the shine can come off it.
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #21
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What are the chances that VVarren might take a payoff from Hearn for Bellew? I suppose it all depends on the length of his contract. Hearn could offer guarantees regarding a future Clev fight i.e. guaranteed split in favour of Frank or guaranteed VVarren promotion?

Given time Bellew will go to Hearn and he will build him in the same way as Kell Brook.

Bellew isn't difficult to promote IMO get him on the pitch at Goodison before and after every fight. Get him on soccer AM, the darts when its in Liverpool, ****, even get him on the snooker! (Few trick shots with John Parrott...)

He'll be selling out the Echo everytime before long.

There's no rush though. He should be done with Brit level now.

Go for the Euro; the champ is rated #5 (WBO) and #4 (WBA). A win over him, who is beatable, gets him very close to the two weakest champions. Forget about Dawson and Cloud (who will probably lose to Pascal).

Whether Frank plays ball though, remains to be seen.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #22
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Might as well, Cleverly's only going to fight binmen until the cows come home.
Flash Jab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum