Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #16
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988
Default Re: Why do people say DLH took a dive against B-Hop?

Maybe because of the guy yelling "bodyshot" before it happens?
Malden is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #17
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 40000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Akbar One View Post
Sure if the shot has the same amount of concussive impact, which from multiple viewing angles seemed to be little to none. We have all seen devastating high impact body shots. I have never seen someone succumb to such a soft looking shot as that one though.
1) We usually don't see body shots taken too well from a much larger man. Make no mistake, Bernard was and is much larger than Oscar. A middleweight (who only made MW for so many years due to being such a gym rat, and actually possesses the size/strength of a SMW/LHW) hit a former super featherweight whose peak weight was 147 and who was a bit of a chunky monkey at 154 with a well-timed well-placed body shot. Was it your classic, devastating Mexican style left hook ripped hard with their whole body turned into it in a big exaggerated motion? No. It didn't need to be. It was a comparatively HUGE person hitting Oscar flush in just the right spot.

2) It really was just in the right spot. ODLH was leaning over to his left to try and brace up against B-Hop. This left his right side completely exposed if you reached behind the back of his elbow, which Hopkins seized upon the opportunity to do. He reached far past the elbow, and hit clean on all flesh. Doughy flesh covering some important digestive organs, which got liquefied. De La Hoya was hit square by the flat of Hopkins' knuckle padding, with all of his opponent's rehydrated 169lbs sneakily poured into it as Hopkins jumped forward with it.

3) His behaviors were consistent with someone being hit with a nasty gut buster. If ODLH were that good an actor - combined with his matinee idol looks - he'd have never had to lace up a pair of gloves as a pro. Just before Hopkins lands the inconsequential left hook to his face, you can see Oscar already slipping into a wincing and sagging motion against him. It was a delayed reaction, but it was a consistent one the evolution of which you can watch from the moment of the body shot's impact until the moment DLH actually starts to fall (a second after the weak follow-up left hook to the face).
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #18
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 135

Because he dived.

Why should we trust Oscar again? At the time he was a drug addict who was wearing womens undearwear.
TerryESB is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #19
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
Because he dived.

Why should we trust Oscar again? At the time he was a drug addict who was wearing womens undearwear.
*Dove.

And he didn't.

(dive, that is. He was probably using drugs and wearing panties )
Old 05-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #20
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

How often do you see someone not clutch the area that is causing pain? Its a reflex, really. Even Manny Stewart was skeptical, only conceding that Oscar's body may have been positioned in a particular way that hightened the damage of the punch.

He was probably hurt, but not THAT hurt.
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #21
Boxed Ears
Dwyer
East Side VIP

vCash: 25999

delete

Last edited by Boxed Ears; 06-11-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #22
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

I don't know. . . Makes no sense to me. . . It was a clean liver shot. . .

But the fact that Oscar took on a guy who is naturally two weight classes above him, still pretty much in his prime, tells you all you need to know about Oscar - the last of a dying breed, who took on ANY, and ALL comers. . . Seriously, does anybody in the past 25 years have a better resume (simply in terms of fighting the best, not necessarily winning) than Oscar?

Aside from Manny Pacquiao, NOBODY has ever completely tooled Oscar. . Even in the B-Hop fight, Oscar was winning some rounds, and holding his own until that clean liver shot.
king khan is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #23
Dracon
Frédéric Bastiat
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Of course he took a dive. It's not like he was competitive in the fight, or even a naturally ambitious man. Why wouldn't he take a dive, really? It reminds me of the dive Hopkins took against Dawson because he never wanted to fight him. It also reminds me of that dive Taylor took against Pavlik. He was just sitting there. But, hey, the middleweight division is full of dives. Fullmer laying down for Robinson? Ugh. Theatrical melodrama at its worst. A division with a history of shady cunts and queers. That's what I always say.
Bandar Seri Begawan > Brísfaídhmédomagairlí.

It's irrefutable.
Dracon is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #24
Dracon
Frédéric Bastiat
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by king khan View Post
I don't know. . . Makes no sense to me. . . It was a clean liver shot. . .

But the fact that Oscar took on a guy who is naturally two weight classes above him, still pretty much in his prime, tells you all you need to know about Oscar - the last of a dying breed, who took on ANY, and ALL comers. . . Seriously, does anybody in the past 25 years have a better resume (simply in terms of fighting the best, not necessarily winning) than Oscar?

Aside from Manny Pacquiao, NOBODY has ever completely tooled Oscar. . Even in the B-Hop fight, Oscar was winning some rounds, and holding his own until that clean liver shot.
Yeah, I agree with you and respect DLH for that.
Dracon is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #25
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Of course he took a dive. It's not like he was competitive in the fight, or even a naturally ambitious man. Why wouldn't he take a dive, really? It reminds me of the dive Hopkins took against Dawson because he never wanted to fight him. It also reminds me of that dive Taylor took against Pavlik. He was just sitting there. But, hey, the middleweight division is full of dives. Fullmer laying down for Robinson? Ugh. Theatrical melodrama at its worst. A division with a history of shady cunts and queers. That's what I always say.

lol sarcasm, yes?

cause oscar was kinda competitive. . and if taylor took a dive against pav, well that's the most "brutal" dive ive seen. his eyes were rolled back in his head a la "Rashad face"
Old 05-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #26
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

vCash: 1996

I always thought it was legit, but still....there's always that doubt. As IB said above, those are the reasons on why De La Hoya went down, and why that was a legit KO. But, Nazim yelling "Body shot! Body shot! Body shot! Hey Oscar, body shot!" It doesn't make it look good. And in the previous round, Hopkins was saying something along the lines of "Yeah, this is my round" beating on his chest and what not. But if you hear the shot, (you can hear the shot really well in the DLH/Mayorga Countdown Show) it definitely sounds like a legit, hard punch. So, I don't know, I always thought it was legit KO....but I wouldn't be surprised if De La Hoya in one of his manic depressive state, come out and say he took a dive.

Oh, yeah, and De La Hoya's manner is so laughable. Let me bang my gloves a couple of times, lay here for a few more seconds....all right I think I sold it, Ima get up now.
DemolitionDan is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #27
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Yeah, I agree with you and respect DLH for that.

Yeah, I really don't understand all the hate he gets?

Lol, I mean yeah, it's hilarious with the whole "fishnet scandal" incident, but at least he WAS fuqqing a smoking hot Russian stripper. . It's not like he was doing that shit with some dudes. . . But still, funny as shit - but NO reason to hate the guy as a boxer!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #28
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDan View Post
But, Nazim yelling "Body shot! Body shot! Body shot! Hey Oscar, body shot!" It doesn't make it look good.
Here's what Naz was saying, timestamped by the HBO round countdown clock:

1:57 Punch with INTENT.

1:50-1:46 Body shot. Body shot. Body shot. Baaawdy shot!

Two seconds of silence from the corner.

1:44 Body shot!!!

Bernard swoops in and slaps at Oscar's sides with a right and a left before clinching, neither of which were caught well by the camera angle provided by HBO - but if you're paying attention you can both hear their smacks and plot out their logical trajectory.

1:43 OH, OSCAR!!

Six seconds of silence from the corner

Knockout punch lands @ 1:37 without Naz saying a word.

It's pretty clear to me that Richardson saying Oscar's name was done to mock him in the spirit of competition, not to warn him of anything premeditated or scripted out between them. Just listen to his tone. "Ohhhhhhh, Oscar!!" as in "I bet that hurt, huh?? Poor little baby..."

It makes Naz sound like a typical kid in the hood watching someone lose a fight on the playground, actually.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #29
Zombieguy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Maybe because nobody thought Hopkins was in Oscar's league. Just a thought.
Zombieguy is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #30
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

I still don't know. On one hand a bigger man landing a body shot could be brutal, but this is oscar we are talking about. A slimey snake...............
Forza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum