Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #1
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Interesting Fact: Mayweather was taking on lots of fluids BEFORE the weigh in!

He must be right he is very comfortable at any weight.....

I have never seen anyone take fluids on before a weigh in most people have been fasting all week.

For all his junk food habits (no different to Usain Bolt) he takes his training seriously.....

I think he wont hydrate past 154 on fight night I hope HBO weigh both fighters it will be interesting to see what they come in at.
Emeritus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Interesting Fact: Mayweather was taking on lots of fluids BEFORE the weigh in!

He heard that taking alot of water scare the Terminater away.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
prelude is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
Ali_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Interesting Fact: Mayweather was taking on lots of fluids BEFORE the weigh in!

You saw him with a gallon of gatorade or something OP?
Ali_ is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

He doesn't drain himself for weight, not at all. If he drained himself, he'd make 140 pretty easy IMO.

Guys drain themselves for an advantage over smaller men, when alot of the time they'd fight better if they just took care of their body and stayed comfortable.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_ View Post
You saw him with a gallon of gatorade or something OP?
Yea fighthype did a behind the scenes vid of the weigh in and he was drinking what looked to be about a litre of gatorade......was very surprised!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #6
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post

Terminators don't get sore feet, and cramps. John Connor must be ****ing them terminators up in the future with movement and counter punching.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
He doesn't drain himself for weight, not at all. If he drained himself, he'd make 140 pretty easy IMO.

Guys drain themselves for an advantage over smaller men, when alot of the time they'd fight better if they just took care of their body and stayed comfortable.
You are right!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
DON K
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
Terminators don't get sore feet, and cramps. John Connor must be ****ing them terminators up in the future with movement and counter punching.
lool
DON K is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Why don't you tell Floyd that .
prelude is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #10
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Why don't you tell Floyd that .
"Why is Shaefer calling me" Dude Team Pac don't want anything to do with Floyd. Why do you think Manny sat around and allowed Arum to talk all that bullshit and make excuses as to why they can't fight Floyd right now?

The truth is Manny and Roach realized that Manny can't handle pure boxers who can give movement and counter the shit out of him. That boy had sore feet, cramps, Hunger Pains, and Marquez just waited for me to punch so he could counter me and hit me.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
RobertV77
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
"Why is Shaefer calling me" Dude Team Pac don't want anything to do with Floyd. Why do you think Manny sat around and allowed Arum to talk all that bullshit and make excuses as to why they can't fight Floyd right now?

The truth is Manny and Roach realized that Manny can't handle pure boxers who can give movement and counter the shit out of him. That boy had sore feet, cramps, Hunger Pains, and Marquez just waited for me to punch so he could counter me and hit me.
Its true. The fight everyone wants has always been a massive mismatch. At his age Pac's career is all but over after Floyd takes him apart, the ducking makes sense.
RobertV77 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
He must be right he is very comfortable at any weight.....

I have never seen anyone take fluids on before a weigh in most people have been fasting all week.

For all his junk food habits (no different to Usain Bolt) he takes his training seriously.....

I think he wont hydrate past 154 on fight night I hope HBO weigh both fighters it will be interesting to see what they come in at.
Mayweather is naturally around 150lbs. He fought Marquez at 150lbs remember?
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
Yea fighthype did a behind the scenes vid of the weigh in and he was drinking what looked to be about a litre of gatorade......was very surprised!
I'm more surprised he would drink gatorade. Drinking that shit is like smoking cigarettes. Gatorade is toxic to athletes, has high fructose corn syrup and it's exactly what not to drink before a weigh in. This is like James Toney smoking a cigar before a weigh in.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

two steroid users with political careers
Leon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum