Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Even Mosely v Alvarez Undercard is better than any UK fight out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
Despite the fact Alvarez-Mosley is a poor fight on paper, why are you trying to compare a fight that has a purse that could pay for an entire season of British title fights?
I'm just trying to point out the disgraceful state of UK fight shows that even an undercard over in Vegas beats it
s.sarwar7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Even Mosely v Alvarez Undercard is better than any UK fight out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Now I know you're dumb, on two levels at the very least....lol just about confirms it
who beats Mosely?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

Overhyped ginger Mexican who is hailed as the next big thing despite him only beating on has beens or b-level boxers (with the exception of Vasquez) V Shot to shit 40 year old who has barely won a round in 3 years.

Sounds riveting
chatty is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.sarwar7 View Post
I'm just trying to point out the disgraceful state of UK fight shows that even an undercard over in Vegas beats it
It's an undercard to the biggest fight of the year (so far). The purse for Mosley-Alvarez alone is close to $2m; it should be better than a UK fight show...
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #20
outthebox
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
How is Mosely-Alvarez a good fight?
I wouldnt say its neccessarily a bad one though either.

A young, green light middleweight who couldnt knock out a euro level welterweight in Mexico who takes punches V a former p4p fighter with a punch and might just be able to roll back the years.

It's probably blind optimism but I wouldnt be surprised if it's an exciting fight!
outthebox is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
who beats Mosely?
Thats not the point. He's not in with a Brit fighter, he's in with Alvarez and thats the fight you seem to be raving over.

I was at the Echo a few months back on there were 2 fights on 1 card that were better matchups than Mosely-Alvarez.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #22
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

Also don't see the point in the thread, we already know that Vegas can have better undercard fights than most British fights due to the fact their is more money their, boxers from all over the world go there, even the top British fighters make their way over there when they rise to the top.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

At this stage I'd genuinely favour Kell Brook over Shane. He has looked dogshit against Mora as well, let's not forget.

Shane was one of the best fighters of the last era, but his style has led to him sounding punchy already IMO, and his biggest attribute, handspeed, is redundant as he can't pull the trigger anymore.

He'll have a bomb in him now and then, but at top ten level he appears done IMO. I don't rate Canelo all that much (he's very good obviously) he has poor stamina for one, but he'll have way too much for Shane.

We have to remember this happens to all legends. Losing to guys on the ascendancy. It has happened to Shane now.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #24
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outthebox View Post

A young, green light middleweight who couldnt knock out a euro level welterweight in Mexico who takes punches V a former p4p fighter with a punch and might just be able to roll back the years.

It's probably blind optimism but I wouldnt be surprised if it's an exciting fight!
Going to be a thriller may even be better than the main event
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
Overhyped ginger Mexican who is hailed as the next big thing despite him only beating on has beens or b-level boxers (with the exception of Vasquez) V Shot to shit 40 year old who has barely won a round in 3 years.

Sounds riveting
Far better than my explanation.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #26
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by outthebox View Post

Its not bad, but the OP is confusing a fight with 2 "name" fighters with a good fight.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #27
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
At this stage I'd genuinely favour Kell Brook over Shane. He has looked dogshit against Mora as well, let's not forget.

Shane was one of the best fighters of the last era, but his style has led to him sounding punchy already IMO, and his biggest attribute, handspeed, is redundant as he can't pull the trigger anymore.

He'll have a bomb in him now and then, but at top ten level he appears done IMO. I don't rate Canelo all that much (he's very good obviously) he has poor stamina for one, but he'll have way too much for Shane.

We have to remember this happens to all legends. Losing to guys on the ascendancy. It has happened to Shane now.
lol Kell Brook can't even punch
Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #28
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
who beats Mosely?
I'd even back Hatton to beat him at 147, Brook would kill him. He's an old man who can't pull the trigger any more never mind pull the moves. I would bet that both Hatton and Rhodes did better against the ginger than Moseley will.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P Sky View Post
Too far.
Honestly, thats how shot I think Sugar Shane is....believe me, I nearly cried when I typed it.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #30
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If Mosely was a Brit he'd be regarded as a 'God' to most fight fans even at this age, other than Khan not even 1 british guy could give him a decent fight.

Kell Brook is a fraud just another protected fighter fighting journeymen and the likes of Matthew Hatton

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum