Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #16
jaymon112
MARVELOUS
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 561
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

The public will remember them for a fight that never happened. yet.
jaymon112 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #17
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGAR J View Post
For the sake of boxing they should fight each other and stop ****ing around, I honestly think Manny is scared of FM.


ALI - FRAZIER

ALI- FOREMAN

LEONARD - HEARNS, DURAN, HAGLER

These types of fights bestow legendary status on fighters, winners and losers.

They have to get it on.
I dont think either are scared, both have fought all their lives,

I think the people controlling the puppets are the people to blame for it not happening, as the sport means nothing to them as long as they make maximun profits
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #18
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 5,887
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
True, if there was only the WBC belt they would have been forced to fight each other already, as they wouldn't have been able to hide behind other belts and catchweights ect...
unfortunately, dozens of fighters around the world do the same thing.

win a belt, advertise themselves as a 'world champ' and milk it to the masses while flying in B grade challengers with excellent padded records...looks good but most armchair fans dont know they are getting duped.

read a BBC report from one of their boxing journos the other day implying that one of their brits should be recognised as a 'great' because he had won 2 'world titles' - complete scam and journos should know better (cant remember who it was)
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #19
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,261
vCash: 75
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
unfortunately, dozens of fighters around the world do the same thing.

win a belt, advertise themselves as a 'world champ' and milk it to the masses while flying in B grade challengers with excellent padded records...looks good but most armchair fans dont know they are getting duped.

read a BBC report from one of their boxing journos the other day implying that one of their brits should be recognised as a 'great' because he had won 2 'world titles' - complete scam and journos should know better (cant remember who it was)
British boxing journalism is awful

Its embarrassing. Luckly I can follow world news on boxing because of the internet
oibighead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
British boxing journalism is awful

Its embarrassing. Luckly I can follow world news on boxing because of the internet
I'm from LA and I LOVE listening to Buncey Especially when it's late after a big fight and he is wired to the tits haha it's awesome.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #21
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 5,887
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
I'm from LA and I LOVE listening to Buncey Especially when it's late after a big fight and he is wired to the tits haha it's awesome.
the murray walker of boxing
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
SUGAR J
P4P KING
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
I'm from LA and I LOVE listening to Buncey Especially when it's late after a big fight and he is wired to the tits haha it's awesome.
Bunce is a ****ing Legend
SUGAR J is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #23
VivaNazVegas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 585
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Source?
VivaNazVegas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
SUGAR J
P4P KING
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
they should have too...but fighters nowadays can continue making mega-bucks while writing their own scripts.

that isn't going to change until boxing has one federation...which isn't likely to happen.

Spot on mate, thats why MMA is taking off the best fight the best.
SUGAR J is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #25
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 5,887
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGAR J View Post
Spot on mate, thats why MMA is taking off the best fight the best.
yep and not only that - dana white walks in the ring and asks jones if he wants a crack at the title after beating bader and the fight is made just like that
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #26
SUGAR J
P4P KING
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
British boxing journalism is awful

Its embarrassing. Luckly I can follow world news on boxing because of the internet
Boxing news is a good mag and boxnation is topnotch.
SUGAR J is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #27
SUGAR J
P4P KING
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
yep and not only that - dana white walks in the ring and asks jones if he wants a crack at the title after beating bader and the fight is made just like that
Yup, too many promoters managers in boxing.
SUGAR J is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #28
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 5,887
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGAR J View Post
Yup, too many promoters managers in boxing.
too many federations for promoters to feed off. federations are the root of all evil in boxing. fighters and promoters just feed off them
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #29
Anthony4
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 64
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

The only thing that is going to stop Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao fighting is Armaggedon.

The people who make the big decisions care about money, money and more money.

Mayweather VS Pacquiao would put more money in everybodys pocket than any other fight between two human beings that could take place on earth.

The fight started being promoted in the most subtle ways just by being a topic of conversation for 2 years now or so. The fight is guaranteed. trust me guys, its all about the money (to these guys). everything else is just a show.
Anthony4 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #30
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 5,887
vCash: 500
Default Re: ROY JONES Says Mayweather Does Not Need Pacquiao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony4 View Post
The only thing that is going to stop Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao fighting is Armaggedon.

The people who make the big decisions care about money, money and more money.

Mayweather VS Pacquiao would put more money in everybodys pocket than any other fight between two human beings that could take place on earth.

The fight started being promoted in the most subtle ways just by being a topic of conversation for 2 years now or so. The fight is guaranteed. trust me guys, its all about the money (to these guys). everything else is just a show.
but the money has been there the whole time and even if they did fight now it doesnt mean anything because post pac-hatton was the prime time for this fight to happen...not now.

pac's going to fall badly in the next year or two - you can quote me on that. a fighter who relies on speed and aggression who's had as many fights as he has is on a short fuse at this stage of his career
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013