Old 07-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #31
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Many Haters, So Few Bullets, PBF P4P Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
If Floyd wasn't the real champ at 135 and 154, then who were the real champs?
The real champ @ 154 was vacant since Winky left.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #32
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
The real champ @ 154 was vacant since Winky left.
So then how can someone become the real champ at 154?
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #33
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
So then how can someone become the real champ at 154?
Same with the HW division, gotta unify to find a champ. Floyd wasn't the only guy @ 154 with a belt. Not to mention the dubious way DLH got his belt anyway.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #34
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Same with the HW division, gotta unify to find a champ. Floyd wasn't the only guy @ 154 with a belt. Not to mention the dubious way DLH got his belt anyway.
agree...i hope no one is trying to say floyd dominated each class because he left work to do at 140 and we knew he would never at 154 because it was a one fight deal and essientially a WW fighting a LMW
PBF P4P #1 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 11:24 PM   #35
Doggie03
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Dude, take Manteddy out of that equation, he's a turd. Replace that with Judah and you have the five best opponents on his record.

The problem is, Floyd's avoided tougher opposition at every weight

30 Casamayor

35 Spadafora(who beat floyd bad in the gym)

40 Hatton/Tszyu

47 Margarito/SSM/Cotto

Floyd has cherry picked his way through every division, now he can put an end to that shit and make up for it at 47, if he so chooses. I hope for him, his fans, and the sport that he has the balls to do it.

If you dont know, I cant stand PBF, but can respect ACTIONS. Still wouldnt like him, but would have proper respect if he does and even if he LOSES.
Who said Spadafora beat him bad in the gym? Talk is cheap, anyone can make up rumors.

At 130, he fought quality. Hernandez, Manfredy(you can't take him out of the picture, he is in the picture, thats just a way of you rationalizing him not fighting quality). Oh, and he did crush Corrales(RIP), and PBF was the under dog.

135, Castillo, twice. Some felt he may have lost the first one, but some people thought he won convincingly. There are plenty of fights like that. also Jesus Chavez, he was a solid fighter.

At 140, there may have been some confusion. PBF didn't dodge zoo in no way. The fight just didn't happen, and there were no talks of it. Then he retired after Hatton beat him, which actually made Hatton. And as I recall, it was Hatton who was ducking mayweather. Floyd said he would go to england and fight him, and Hatton still backed off.

147 - I do agree that he should fight Sugar Shane, and I would love to see it. I don't know why there haven't been any taks about it, but thats not ducking. Floyd is #1, people should be calling him out, not the other way around, and I haven't heard a peep from SSM. But don't forget, if he did beat Shane, then Shane is old and washed up. Who's Margarito again? And fine, Cotto, but he's fighting another quality fighter in Hatton which would bring him more money, which is why he took that fight
Doggie03 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #36
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Good point, but it's almost impossible to unify in any division. That being said, Floyd was definately not the man at 154. The guy I was responding to initially said Floyd didn't win a real championsphip at 154. Do you consider his belt at JMW, a legit?
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 PM   #37
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Good point, but it's almost impossible to unify in any division. That being said, Floyd was definately not the man at 154. The guy I was responding to initially said Floyd didn't win a real championsphip at 154. Do you consider his belt at JMW, a legit?
Sure, it was a legit title. I don't like how Moyorga was given a shot vs. Piccarillo to have it. He did nothing to deserve it, aside from getting blasted by Tito and not doing anything at 154 anyway. Nor how DLH too was made #1 for being on a losing streak. The 154 belt is pretty tainted in my opinion. It would be different if someone won the vacant belt and did something with it.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:37 AM   #38
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

extremely good fighter but way overrated
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #39
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
25 mil is hardly a sacrifice It was also another title in another weight class, which floyd loves to talk about. Still not a real championship as floyds had only two of those at 30 and 47. We are awaiting PBF's first defense of that 47 title.

I dont care what weight he fights Hatton at, though it should have happened at 40 since Hatton was CHAMP and Floyd wasnt Size wont be an issue between PBF and Hatton, like it would/could be with PBF vs Margarito.
Yah, I looked this up JUST for you. You are calling into question the process of crowing a lineal champion on the site you used as proof that PBF was not lineal. Since you are calling that into question, it only stands to reason that the champions they have listed must be called into question as well right? How can you question their process, but then not question the champions since they would have been put their by what you deem a questionable process?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2 different articles which refer to PBF as the true 135 lineal champion. One of which says he is one of only 9 men to hold the lineal title in 3 weight classes, and dismisses his ABC championships.
kg0208 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum