Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 16500
Default Alekseev vs Arslan - EBU title

Who wins on Friday? I got Alekseev by late tko

Also Chakhkiev is fighting Zack Page on the undercard.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: Alekseev vs Arslan - EBU title

I've got the exact opposite.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Luckily Zack Page is a big step up from Chakhkiev's last opponent. He was awful.
znaak is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Chakhiev's gonna get an easy points win, doubt he'll stop Page, but who knows?

Alekseev is overrated, not as good as he was in the amateurs, but he should get the decision against Arslan
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
Chakhiev's gonna get an easy points win, doubt he'll stop Page, but who knows?

Alekseev is overrated, not as good as he was in the amateurs, but he should get the decision against Arslan
I don't know...Alexeev looked OK against Licina (haven't seen his lower level wins by TKO since the Lebedev loss) but Arslan has looked just as good in his own comeback.

And I'm really looking forward to Chakhkiev vs. Page to see how Rakhim does. Just hoping we don't get another Gerber vs. Harris situation. I don't think my heart could take another slick American journeyman getting robbed after schooling an unbeaten eastern Euro.

So hopefully, assuming RC comes through unblemished, it's clean.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #6
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Chakhkiev Easy UD.

Alexseev UD 12.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #7
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I don't know...Alexeev looked OK against Licina (haven't seen his lower level wins by TKO since the Lebedev loss) but Arslan has looked just as good in his own comeback.

And I'm really looking forward to Chakhkiev vs. Page to see how Rakhim does. Just hoping we don't get another Gerber vs. Harris situation. I don't think my heart could take another slick American journeyman getting robbed after schooling an unbeaten eastern Euro.

I was quite impressed with his performace. His biggest flaw has always been lack of a inside game and he fought most of the fight on the inside looked skilled doing so and beat him more convincingly than Cunningham or Hernandez i thought. Im guessing that hes been working on that and he looked very improved.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #8
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

nah, it'll be nothing like Gerber-Harris, Chakhiev just needs to box more than 1 round like he did last time, might learn something from facing Page
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #9
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Big fan of Arslan but I think Alexeev is a bit too much, would be very happy if he could pull that one of though.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 16500

Recent fights of both

Alexeev vs Bruwer

Arslan vs Suda II (Highlights)

Arslan vs Farias
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

vBookie event is up:

Excellent value on Arslan, IMO - unless you're 100% convinced Alexeev has this (bear in mind it's in Arslan's hometown..)
Old 05-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #12
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Just watched Alexeev - Arslan.

Official scorecards:
114 - 114
116 - 113 Alexeev
114 - 114

Majority draw.

I had the fight 118 - 112 for Arslan. There were many close rounds, but he made Alexeev fight his fight. Alexeev didn't impress me one bit.
znaak is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by znaak View Post
Just watched Alexeev - Arslan.

Official scorecards:
114 - 114
116 - 113 Alexeev
114 - 114

Majority draw.

I had the fight 118 - 112 for Arslan. There were many close rounds, but he made Alexeev fight his fight. Alexeev didn't impress me one bit.
There were many close rounds yet you gave all of them to Arslan The other thing is Arslan didn't make Alekseev fight his fight, him and his corner wanted to fight like that and Sasha was the one going forward almost the whole fight.

See what i wrote in Yellow from a thread in the general about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
I only had Arslan clearly winning 3 rounds (8,9,10) everything else was on the inside with very little between them.

All that fight showed is that Alekseev and his incompetent corner forgot his identity/style and for some reason had him trying to fight like Diego Corrales. He is a pretty decent fighting on the inside now but he isn't a inside fighter. He's a boxer puncher and a very good counter puncher who should fight at range for the most part. Against Arslan he gave up all of his advantages and best attributes as a boxer to just stand and trade on the inside almost the whole fight. He is also one of the best body punchers in the sport and didn't throw to the body all night.

imo 115-113 Alekseev or 114-114 is what it should have been. 115-113 Arslan is possible but more of a stretch.

Int Butt's rbr was one of those instances where idk how he came up with it or what he was watching. 8 of the rounds were virtually even and could arguably go to either guy, Int Butt just gave every single one of them to Arslan and ended up with a 117-111 score if i remember correct which is absurd.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
There were many close rounds yet you gave all of them to Arslan The other thing is Arslan didn't make Alekseev fight his fight, him and his corner wanted to fight like that and Sasha was the one going forward almost the whole fight.

See what i wrote in Yellow from a thread in the general about that.
Yes, because even though the rounds were close due to them both standing with their ear muffs on, I think Arslan were slightly more successful. His left uppercut got in all night.

I don't think it's strange you had the fight the other way around - but for me Arslan got the better of it.

Stupid, stupid corner. It seemed like Alexeev started doing the right thing in round 11, but by then it was way too late.
znaak is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by znaak View Post
Yes, because even though the rounds were close due to them both standing with their ear muffs on, I think Arslan were slightly more successful. His left uppercut got in all night.

I don't think it's strange you had the fight the other way around - but for me Arslan got the better of it.

Stupid, stupid corner. It seemed like Alexeev started doing the right thing in round 11, but by then it was way too late.
He only started landing the uppercuts late in the fight. I was being as generous for Arslan as possible with my scoring and had 3 different scores 7-5 Arslan being the most i saw for him.

There were a few occasions that Alekseev would get some space and use his jab and it was so much easier. Alekseev also doesn't seem to generate much leverage on his punches when he's in close and sometimes stands with his feet too close together and legs too straight up/stiff. He has good footwork on the outside and is good at controlling space but he didn't use it at all.

Forgetting his identity as a boxer seems the biggest issue for him right now imo. Don't know what the hell Sdunek and Urkel are thinking.
Vysotsky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum