Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Vote
Don't Believe: Cotto brought A Hell Of A Fight To Floyd and he's lying 89 44.06%
I Believe: Cotto came 2 fight but floyd could have made it much easier 113 55.94%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #46
Undisputed520
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1303
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather: "I Could Have Made The Fight Boring"

People saying that he held back on Cotto are retarded. If Floyd had the ability to make this like the Gatti fight, he would have done it.
Undisputed520 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #47
terbear2187
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

floyd was picking him apart on the outside and elected to stay and fight and because of that the fight looked more competitive than it actually was. floyd can never really win with you fools if he had stayed and picked cotto off all night floyds "boring" if he stands and bangs "floyd sucks now hes getting hit alot" i swear alot of you on ESB got female tendencies cant just accept a good fight for that. floyd went to his weight and fought him <--- people are trying to take that away from in other threads. accept that floyd is the best of this era bar none he just needs to solidify it by defeating pacman,

PS i had cotto winning 3 rds a 4th if i wanna be generous when did 8-3-1, 8-4, 9-3 become close fight in a 12 rd fight? please stop dick riding, cotto did make it competitive but he didnt make it close theres a difference against a lesser opponent yes but he got beast at his best weight and money fought his dance but by no means was it close. oscar and castillo both still did the best against money ever cottos just done the best in recent years
terbear2187 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #48
benner
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed520 View Post
People saying that he held back on Cotto are retarded. If Floyd had the ability to make this like the Gatti fight, he would have done it.
He tried and he paid for it.
In the final round it looked like he gave up on the idea of a K.O victory and started moving much more. Then he managed to hurt Cotto but it was too late.
benner is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #49
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

No. this is trying to discredit cotto and what he can do. if floyd tries to fight on backfoot, he'll risk losing more rounds.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #50
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

I think there were times when he willfully went in the corner and stayed there inviting Cotto to throw

I think he had something to prove in there by letting Cotto get inside and still get the better of him

just beat him in a tougher way
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #51
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:
Originally Posted by terbear2187 View Post
floyd was picking him apart on the outside and elected to stay and fight and because of that the fight looked more competitive than it actually was. floyd can never really win with you fools if he had stayed and picked cotto off all night floyds "boring" if he stands and bangs "floyd sucks now hes getting hit alot" i swear alot of you on ESB got female tendencies cant just accept a good fight for that. floyd went to his weight and fought him <--- people are trying to take that away from in other threads. accept that floyd is the best of this era bar none he just needs to solidify it by defeating pacman,

PS i had cotto winning 3 rds a 4th if i wanna be generous when did 8-3-1, 8-4, 9-3 become close fight in a 12 rd fight? please stop dick riding, cotto did make it competitive but he didnt make it close theres a difference against a lesser opponent yes but he got beast at his best weight and money fought his dance but by no means was it close. oscar and castillo both still did the best against money ever cottos just done the best in recent years
this post basically puts a fork in this thread
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #52
SUGAR J
P4P KING
ESB Senior Member

I think Floyd could have boxed him more and won more convincingly, but saying that Cotto did well cutting the ring off.

I think this jail term is weighing on Floyds mind, he wasn't himself the other night made reckless descisions like going to to toe with Cotto.
SUGAR J is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #53
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

He could have fought aggressively behind the jab in the center of the ring and clinch more frequently. I saw that Cotto(e) wasn't as determined when Floyd was being aggressive in the center. The fight would have been much easier for Floyd had he done that.

If you watch the fight closely, you'll see that it was perfectly segmented. First segment or rounds 1-4 were Mayweather "boxing". Middle segment rounds 5-8 had him infighting. Final segment rounds 9-12 was back to "boxing".

In the last 2 minutes or so of round 8, Mayweather wasn't so active. Many people said he was taking a breather. Coincidentally, this just happens to be the last round of Mayweather focusing on inside fighting. I believe he was cooling down to go back into boxing mode for the last third of the fight.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #54
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

The benefit of inside fighting for Floyd being he could hurt Cotto(e) faster by the use of bodyshots. You don't hear of many Floyd victims pissing blood after the fight.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #55
kingmiller8282
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Just watch round 12 and that should answer your question.
kingmiller8282 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #56
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

No. Mayweather wanted to keep the fight in the center of the ring. He wanted Cotto to be aggressive, and he prepared to be pushed against the ropes, but Mayweather did not intend on being hit that much, nor did he realize how physically strong Cotto was.

Mayweather does not fight to please the fans. If he did, he would have fought Pacquaio 2 years ago.

He fights to win and take as little punishment as possible.

He tried to keep the fight in the center of the ring, but Cotto used his jab, and his physical strength to push Mayweather back against the ropes.

You can see in Mayweather's face, that he was uncomfortable, regardless of whether the punches were landing cleanly or not.

I also think Mayweather was impressed with Cotto's ability to take his punches, and that may have caused him some alarm.

But in the end, as always, Cotto faded. Cotto started to fade in the 9th round, and it was all downhill from there.

From that point, the fight was over, and the outcome wasn't in question. Mayweather's superior conditioning, combined with his accuracy took over, and that was that.

The same people saying Floyd could have made it easy are the people that said Floyd would WALK COTTO DOWN and KNOCK HIM OUT cuz that's his NEW STYLE.

Anybody who thought that doesn't know shit about boxing.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #57
Stezzie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmiller8282 View Post
He nearly dropped Cotto in round 12...
Stezzie is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #58
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmiller8282 View Post
I have been saying this since Floyd made that statement. Floyd could have boxed the first 6 rounds like this and the crowd would have booed him and these fans on this board would have said it was boring. Yes Cotto cut him off and pushed him to the ropes several times but Floyd had plenty of opportunities to spin out but he didn't.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #59
Blackness
Danny Garcia Beat You...
ESB Senior Member

You'd have to be 9 years old to believe Mayweather could have made the fight "boring" and "easy" He had no choice in the matter and his ability to lie to himself is legendary.

He has always said stupid shit that only HE truly believes.

Yeah OK... He wanted to get punched in the face when trying to style on Cotto.

You know who else says stupid shit like this: Pee Wee Herman "I meant to do that.."
Blackness is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #60
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Couldn't have made it boring as Cotto came to fight. But he could have used more movment and make Cotto have to chase him more then he did. Just look at the 12th rd.
Concrete is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum