Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict

vCash: 2296
Default What's the logic of not disclosing testosterone injections if you AREN'T cheating

Just sayin

OK so you claim you got low testosterone...does anyone give a shit? You're a ****ing boxer, who beats the shit out of people for a living. I don't think anyone's gonna make fun of you.
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: What's the logic of not disclosing testosterone injections if you AREN'T cheating

It's kind of odd that guy who's that muscular and has a full beard, would suffer from low testosterone levels. What was the condition that lead to these low testosterone levels?
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: What's the logic of not disclosing testosterone injections if you AREN'T cheating

I don't know. Some may just think that since its from a Doctor, it is strictly "medicine" and not some form of PEDs.

But either way, I believe in Pro sports your Medical folder should be open to the Commission to review and you should be the one that sends all new material to them to keep them up to date...especially when you are being tested.
Caelum is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict

vCash: 2296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
I don't know. Some may just think that since its from a Doctor, it is strictly "medicine" and not some form of PEDs.

But either way, I believe in Pro sports your Medical folder should be open to the Commission to review and you should be the one that sends all new material to them to keep them up to date...especially when you are being tested.
I probably agree with that
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
It's kind of odd that guy who's that muscular and has a full beard, would suffer from low testosterone levels. What was the condition that lead to these low testosterone levels?

Prior Steroid usage.

Supplements that could affect it.

Medication can affect it.

Pituitary and or testicle malfunction. Which actually can be the result of trauma. Say for example, shots to the head and nuts which is why it is being evaluated and studied with athletes that take part in collision sports. So protect your Head and Nuts.

Genetic triggers.

Environmental triggers.

Poor health and/or sickness can affect it.

Food triggers.

Over-training.

There is a list.

His levels were in the 500's, right?

Some would actually say that is "normal" and doesn't need treatment. Other Doctors disagree and would like to see it raised higher....especially given his age.
Medium-high is in the 800-900 region with high being 1000+ ng/dL.

Low levels tend to be around 300 and lower.

Overall, "healthy" levels tend to be around 650-950 ng/dL. I think.

However, if you were someone that was say, in the 900's total and your Free T-levels were higher, and you had a drop in levels, then it is said you would feel the difference even though you are still falling in the "normal" category. For others it may be normal because that's what they are used to producing. However, for you, its taking affect, especially mentally, and some would treat you. Every patient is different and its up to the Doctor to evaluate each.

So much on this topic and it varies based on who you talk to.

For Pro athletes however, I don't know what to say and I don't know what is and should be allowed. Usually when your body starts to fail, it just comes with the territory and its time to leave. There is debate on this.

You can still grow a thick beard at that level; especially with genetics are still in play. Just like Oldies with low t-levels can still grow facial hair. And then you have some other males that are normal levels but can't grow body-hair.

As far as muscles, I'm not so sure. You can have quite adequate muscles though. It's not like he is holding on to stocks of muscle. He is quite lean. So it depends on manner factors.

However, his Free-T-levels were said to be low as well, right?

I don't know. To many factors. One day you hear and read this and another day you hear and read something else. On-going studies.
And I'm not expert. Just know a bit.

It's interesting doing these discussion but its much easier to do the "Who Wins" polls.

__

Last edited by Caelum; 05-11-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Caelum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum