Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Vote
Don't Believe: Cotto brought A Hell Of A Fight To Floyd and he's lying 89 44.06%
I Believe: Cotto came 2 fight but floyd could have made it much easier 113 55.94%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #76
boxing_RN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather: "I Could Have Made The Fight Boring"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGAR J View Post
How did he take punishment on purpose, he can fight on the inside or outside, some shots are going to get through it's a combat sport.

Cotto is a World class performer, they both put on a great fight.
Did you read the thread title? Have you seen the poll options? What else does "I could have made it easier" mean? Cuz all I can get from that is, "I could have taken less punishment and made a boring fight, but I'm a warrior so I took on unnecessary risks to give fans what they want." Does that sound like Mayweather to you?
boxing_RN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #77
SUGAR J
P4P KING
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_RN View Post
Did you read the thread title? Have you seen the poll options? What else does "I could have made it easier" mean? Cuz all I can get from that is, "I could have taken less punishment and made a boring fight, but I'm a warrior so I took on unnecessary risks to give fans what they want." Does that sound like Mayweather to you?

Yeah, Mayweather could have just boxed his head of he chose not to, he said himself "I thought **** it i'll give the fans what they want a fight".

He chose to fight Cotto not box him he said it himself
SUGAR J is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #78
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
He did the said and did the same exact things vs Mosley and Ortiz. He said im a bring the fight to Mosley and said im not going to back up vs Ortiz and followed throuh on his statements. Then said before the Cotto fight that he wasn't going to run around.
Concrete is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #79
DE100
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Mayweather could have easily tied up Cotto in so many moments, but decided just to fight inside. So yes there were ways for him to make it "boring" & "easier"
DE100 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #80
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMaidana View Post
no fighter is gonan purposely get beat up (even though he won) and roughed up for entertainment especially flloyd. That is his BS excuse if you believe it your nuts
Mayweather didn't really take "that" much punishment. It wasn't like both fighters dropped there guards and just Hagler-Hearns it out. Mayweather rolled and blocked a lot of punches as did Cotto. The fight was as good defensively as it was offensively.

The more physical part of the fight was the guys trying to outmuscle each other for positioning.
Concrete is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #81
Steven.Jackson
Yall Musta Forgot
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720

Roger tried to get Floyd to back off a bit in the early rounds but he wouldn't listen.
Steven.Jackson is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #82
boxing_RN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
He did the said and did the same exact things vs Mosley and Ortiz. He said im a bring the fight to Mosley and said im not going to back up vs Ortiz and followed throuh on his statements. Then said before the Cotto fight that he wasn't going to run around.
He says that for EVERY fight he's in. What's he supposed to say, "I'm gonna pot shot and run around for a boring fight."
Old 05-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #83
Jimmy The Geek
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

Wait until Floyd fights Pacquiao. Floyd "The Bleeder" Mayweather will be beaten to a bloody pulp. Cotto has only given us a taste of what will happen to Floyd.
Jimmy The Geek is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #84
boxing_RN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGAR J View Post
Yeah, Mayweather could have just boxed his head of he chose not to, he said himself "I thought **** it i'll give the fans what they want a fight".

He chose to fight Cotto not box him he said it himself
Stop being so gullible dude. Did he say he was gonna fight a boring fight before the Baldomir fight?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #85
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He says that for EVERY fight he's in. What's he supposed to say, "I'm gonna pot shot and run around for a boring fight."
Let not play childish games did he not back up his statements vs Mosley, Ortiz and now Cotto?
Concrete is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #86
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Cotto forced Mayweather to throw 181 more punches them him.
Concrete is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #87
boxing_RN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
Let not play childish games did he not back up his statements vs Mosley, Ortiz and now Cotto?
I'll give you Mosley, that one he could have made boring cuz Mosley wasn't gonna be catching up to him in that fight. But for the others. he just isn't fast enough to fight as safe as he used to anymore, hence he HAS to fight the way he does not. It's not by choice. It's his age slowly catching up to him. Don't get me wrong, I know his fights lately have been more entertaining than the past, but I don't buy into "I could have made it boring" bullshit.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #88
Xerant
Gotta Hate negociations!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I believe the bold is how he would have fought for many more rounds, had he not been wary of Cotto's pressure and been cornered from time to time throughout.

Again, I'm astounded that a majority of voters picked the option that he could have made it easy, when he's been cornered by Oscar, Ortiz, Castillo, Hatton, Chavez, and Augustus. It's simply how he prefers to deal with conventional pressure fighters.
Not sure if boring and ez are the same
Xerant is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #89
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'll give you Mosley, that one he could have made boring cuz Mosley wasn't gonna be catching up to him in that fight. But for the others. he just isn't fast enough to fight as safe as he used to anymore, hence he HAS to fight the way he does not. It's not by choice. It's his age slowly catching up to him. Don't get me wrong, I know his fights lately have been more entertaining than the past, but I don't buy into "I could have made it boring" bullshit.
I said earlier he couldn't have made it boring cuz Cotto came to fight. But at the same time Mayweather could have been way more defensive, he could have thrown way less punches making him less vulnerable. He could have been the low output, defensive, pot shotting, counter puncher he has been in the past.

Mayweather throwing 687 punches has alot to do with why the fight was entertaining lets not forget that either.
Concrete is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #90
SUGAR J
P4P KING
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Stop being so gullible dude. Did he say he was gonna fight a boring fight before the Baldomir fight?
FM is about to go to jail, he was not himself IMO. He fought in a more reckless way and didn't stick with the plan.
SUGAR J is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum