Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #31
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988
Default Re: Szpilka Walker sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angol View Post
that he was, for wisla cracow. to be fair, he does look like a typical polish football hooligan
He could pass for a Danish one too
Malden is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #32
gregy741
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Walkers impression from sparing with Szpilka:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S_ah1ZDbRc&feature=g-all-u[/ame]
gregy741 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #33
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

If the sparring with Wlad ever happens, Szpilka is going to get a hard lesson.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #34
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
No way is Basile the #64 heavyweight in the world. Boxrec massively over-rates the South American HWs.

I agree that Szpilka's comments are disappointing. He hasn't looked amazing in his fights to date and Basile is better than anyone he's faced so far. McCline is a name but he was beaten by Harold Sconiers a few months ago and isn't really any better than Basile. Plus, Basile is a ****ing G. I thought Malik Scott's tats were sick. Jesus, check out Basile's:
Was really hoping for McCline though as he's battle tested and still sturdy. Basile is wide open to winging punches and comes straight forward to recieve them. A banger like Szpilka will get him outta there quickly.

Actually, this sparring HIGHLIGHT from the Szpilka camp is promising. He's showing some good movement coming in, but like Walker said.....first day sparring and taking it slow. Szpilka obviously trying to make a statement lunging in with lead L hands and thunderous R hooks.

You know......a slick technician like Malik who has been written off is just the kindof fight I'd like to see Szpilka take. He's got the power to put Szpilka on queer street permanently, and he's just unknown enough to let the Szpilka camp feel confident enough to take that high a step up.

And this business of McCline not making this fight.....absolute BS......Jameel has been forthright in his willingness to make this fight and he's been steadfast is asserting he WANTS this fight. He's actually told me that it will be his pleasure to derail the Szpilka hype train.

And J Russell Peltz has alluded to Global Promotions being unwilling to let Szpilka near a ring with Bryant Jennings.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #35
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Football holiganism. He was actually discovered by a Boxing trainer during a hooligan-fight.

Looking at the guy I didn't think he was locked up for doing anything horrible.

As for Mr Basile, after he retires from boxing - like after his next fight - he can get a job in the Argentine circus freak show.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #36
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Was really hoping for McCline though as he's battle tested and still sturdy. Basile is wide open to winging punches and comes straight forward to recieve them. A banger like Szpilka will get him outta there quickly.

Actually, this sparring HIGHLIGHT from the Szpilka camp is promising. He's showing some good movement coming in, but like Walker said.....first day sparring and taking it slow. Szpilka obviously trying to make a statement lunging in with lead L hands and thunderous R hooks.

You know......a slick technician like Malik who has been written off is just the kindof fight I'd like to see Szpilka take. He's got the power to put Szpilka on queer street permanently, and he's just unknown enough to let the Szpilka camp feel confident enough to take that high a step up.

And this business of McCline not making this fight.....absolute BS......Jameel has been forthright in his willingness to make this fight and he's been steadfast is asserting he WANTS this fight. He's actually told me that it will be his pleasure to derail the Szpilka hype train.

And J Russell Peltz has alluded to Global Promotions being unwilling to let Szpilka near a ring with Bryant Jennings.
Too bad a bum like McCline wanted a 100k for flying to Poland for an ass whoopin. No one paying him that much
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #37
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:

Because Bryant Jennings is a ****ing MONSTER.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #38
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by organik View Post
Which would be good for Szpilka. Really its apples and oranges at this stage of their careers. No one really heard of Wlad when he was 10-0 and he had some painful lessons of his own to learn before becoming champ
Erm....... Wladimir was an Olympic gold medal winner at that stage.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #39
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Malik got the power to put Szpilka on queer street permanently,
Quote:
his pleasure to derail the Szpilka hype train.

Why cant you answer why do you think Spzilka has bad Chin?

nucca.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #40
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Erm....... Wladimir was an Olympic gold medal winner at that stage.
Szpilka just turned 23 today. At the same age Wlad was 26-1, having won all of his fights except two (one loss and one decision victory) by KO or DQ (1) or "ret."(1).
jacklondon is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #41
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post

nucca.

That "Nucca" sure loves his obscure American heavyweights. I think he might be a taco bender though...
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #42
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat19 View Post
Too bad a bum like McCline wanted a 100k for flying to Poland for an ass whoopin. No one paying him that much
A bum? Really. A guy with 40+HW wins. Fighting at a higher level longer than Szpilkas been alive. A bum, really?

And as for 100K. BULLSHIT!

He wanted nothing more than 30K. The REAL reason Szpilkas not fighting him is b/c he was prepping for the fight, and no other reason than that. So instead they set their sights on a guy who aint been in a gym in 18 months and is probably close to the 300lb mark. Im sure Basile will get 30K for this fight, and unlike McCline he'll show up and lay down with the first solid punch he eats.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #43
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
Because Bryant Jennings is a ****ing MONSTER.
Liakovich KO 30 Seconds into rd 1 Szpilka.

Jennings on the other hand......bell to bell, post to post. Beat him like a redheaded step child. Sad really.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #44
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post

nucca.
B/C he likes to do the chicken dance when another fighter touches his chin.

Wish Wach would end him already.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #45
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Szpilka threads do real well on this forum. He is a polarizing figure of sorts. One thing that just struck me was McCline asking for 100k to fight him. The promoter must have actually considered the request and may have actually payed at least half of that for an opponent. This leads me to the obvious conclusion that Szpilka is making pretty damn good money at this stage of his career, especially fighting in Poland.

Is anyone aware of his paydays for fights in Poland as opposed to the U.S.? I bet he earns far more for fighting at home and that would sort of kill his motivation for fighting in the U.S..
Nosbor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum