boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #46
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933
Default Re: Can Andy lee get the job done and surprise everyone???

I think this is going to be a great fight to be honest.
Chavez is underrated for sure. He is not the most skilled fighter. But he is improving all the time. I thought the decision against Zbik wasnt a robberym but I had Zbik winning slightly by a round or 2. On the other hand he got rid of Manfredo easily. And dominated Rubio.

As for Lee, well which Lee are we talking about? the one who fought McEwan will lose.
But damn the way Lee handles Vera 2 was great.
Were in a for a great fight.

Lee wont get the decision rightly or wrongly. All chavez has to do is run if lee tags him. The question will be answered by round 2.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #47
tottenham19
ESB Masterbro
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

No. Lee's defense is far too awful for him to have a chance. JCC TKO11.
tottenham19 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #48
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham19 View Post
No. Lee's defense is far too awful for him to have a chance. JCC TKO11.
defense? didnt zbik land like 60 punches a round on jr for the first 3 or 4 frames?

lee lands 60 punches on jr in the first round the fight is over.

arum and his judges wont be able to save him.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #49
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
lees a strapin 6'2" full-blown mw unlike all those 5'10" guys that jr. been bullying.

lee is a live dog here. jr can be hit and that straight left that lee throws can do sufficient damage.

jr will not be able to push lee around. and manny's going to have a great game plan for andy's career fight.
^this
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #50
Cafe
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Yes, in fact he will beat JCCjr and Martinez.
Cafe is online now  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #51
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

The sad thing is ,he will have to knock Chavez out in oreder to get this decision !
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #52
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 590

Not going to the cards.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #53
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Andy Lee has significantly improved his boxing ability. His performance against Vera the second time around was a great example of boxing execution.

If he brings those same skills in against Chavez, and has enough pop in his hands to keep Chavez at bay, he can use his superior footwork and beat Chavez, the same way Wladimir picks apart stationary targets with a high guard in the heavyweight division.

The difference of course is that Wlad has devestating power and more knowledge and experience of the game, but Lee has improved substantially, and you can tell who he tailors his style to.

While Lee doesn't have devestating power, he has a solid left uppercut. That combined with good footwork, will start coming with a right hand, and maybe a left hook.

If that happens, Chavez will get beat up. He may be durable enough to survive the fight, and be active enough to "win" the fight, and I wouldn't bet on this fight, but Andy Lee looks to be the better fighter in this scenario.

It's possible that Chavez will smother Lee and break his will, which has been done in the past, but I think Lee has improved substantially since his loss to Vera, who remember, also beat Mora who is a slick boxer, and can't be written off as an easy opponent.

I say Lee by decision, but I wouldn't be surprised if the judges give it to Chavez.

Chavez will probably display unreal toughness, and will likely receive punishment from Lee that any normal fighter would wilt to. I wish them both luck and hopefully the corner or the ref does the right thing if the time comes.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #54
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Lee's only chance is to stay on the outside for the whole fight. (Something he's very good at.) That way, it will be much harder for them to pretend Jr was landing anything.

- but I expect Jr to constantly rush in and, as I said before, smother Lee. He'll make it close & dirty, using his uppercuts, so the inevitable BS decision will not be so obvious.

But if Lee CAN stay outside, he might be able to KO Jr. Jr's has that thick skull, but Lee has deceptive power.

If Andy pulls this off, I'm gonna' celebrate for a week! Heck, If Andy pulls this off, I'm buying everyone on ESB a virtual beer.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #55
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Eye View Post
Andy Lee has significantly improved his boxing ability. His performance against Vera the second time around was a great example of boxing execution.

If he brings those same skills in against Chavez, and has enough pop in his hands to keep Chavez at bay, he can use his superior footwork and beat Chavez, the way Wladimir picks apart stationary targets with a high guard.

The difference of course is that Wlad has devestating power and more knowledge and experience of the game, but Lee has improved substantially, and you can tell who he tailors his style to.

While Lee doesn't have devestating power, he has a solid left uppercut. That combined with good footwork, will start coming with a right hand, and maybe a left hook.

If that happens, Chavez will get beat up. He may be durable enough to survive the fight, and be active enough to "win" the fight, and I wouldn't bet on this fight, but Andy Lee looks to be the better fighter in this scenario.

It's possible that Chavez will smother Lee and break his will, which has been done in the past, but I think Lee has improved substantially since his loss to Vera, who remember, also beat Mora who is a slick boxer, and can't be written off as an easy opponent.

I say Lee by decision, but I wouldn't be surprised if the judges give it to Chavez.

Chavez will probably display unreal toughness, and will likely receive punishment from Lee that any normal fighter would wilt to. I wish them both luck and hopefully the corner or the ref does the right thing if the time comes.

I could see Lee outboxing him in a clinic ..Lee also had a ton more of ametuer experience ..But I really hope the judges do the right thing and give boxing another black eye ..
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #56
PR BOXING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by king khan View Post
Do you know what she did?! Your ****ing daughter!
lol, that quote with the head backwards, yeah i thought the picture was interesting. never seen her smile like that with the makeup on
PR BOXING is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #57
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Middleweight View Post
The fact that Lee is 6'2" hinders him.

Chavez fights on the inside very well. him being shorter allows him to easily work lees inside with ease. Chavez loves the inside left hook to the body. It's actually a beautiful punch, his best one imo.

Lee isn't going to just outbox him from the outside like he's Leonard or something. Lee is an ok outside fighter, but not good enough to pick Chavez apart. As rounds go on, Chavez will find it easier to get inside.

The kid loves to brawl as well. He showed that against Rubio.
Agreed but against Lee that leaves him wide open to be countered with a a right hook and Lee has a great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Eye View Post

If he brings those same skills in against Chavez, and has enough pop in his hands to keep Chavez at bay, he can use his superior footwork and beat Chavez, the same way Wladimir picks apart stationary targets with a high guard in the heavyweight division.

Good stuff but i disagree with the the HL part.Lee is a good MW puncher who does have one shot power with his left cross, right hook and uppercut, without a doubt in my mind the hardest puncher Chavez has faced. Lee is a southpaw.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #58
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

andy lee's one of my favorite conteders and I think he's going to win by split decision. hope. this is going to be a good fight because both guys get hit, and both guys dont mind a fight. no question about it andy lee is the better boxer, but chavez is probably the better inside fighter. i'm confident andy lee can win this but texas is known for highway robberies.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #59
CubanHeel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Surprise? Lee will destroy that Mexican piece of **** hype-job.
CubanHeel is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #60
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 590

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanHeel View Post
Surprise? Lee will destroy that Mexican piece of **** hype-job.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hatesrats is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum