Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #46
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Polska
Posts: 309
vCash: 3457
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak has signed with Sauerland

Let's just hope he won't turn into Mattheus Masternaken- another 'German' champion xD
Zmora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #47
Joe_MacKenzie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,098
vCash: 325
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak has signed with Sauerland

Masternak is now scheduled to fight Felipe Romero on the March 31 Sauerland card.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Joe_MacKenzie; 03-12-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Joe_MacKenzie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #48
Vantage_West
ヒップホップˇプロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak has signed with Sauerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembek View Post
Izu is a great boxer, he loves his adopted home. If he wins a belt, I'd cheer for him to win and be happy if he did become a champion, but I would consider him a Nigerian champion. not a Polish champion.
HE HAS NOT ADOPTED SZCZECIN/GDANSK. he was ****ing born there, ****ing grew up there and ****ing fights for poland.

i don't see how he is not polish. just because he is black he isn't polish is like finding out a family finds out they are actually german down the lines.

he is as polish as any 27 year old trying to make his living in the world...even going abroad to tighten up water pipes



i just dont get why you wont accept him as polish. he fights for you
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #49
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Spectre Island
Posts: 305
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak has signed with Sauerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West View Post
HE HAS NOT ADOPTED SZCZECIN/GDANSK. he was ****ing born there, ****ing grew up there and ****ing fights for poland.

i don't see how he is not polish. just because he is black he isn't polish is like finding out a family finds out they are actually german down the lines.

he is as polish as any 27 year old trying to make his living in the world...even going abroad to tighten up water pipes



i just dont get why you wont accept him as polish. he fights for you
if he choses to fight for poland, fine. if he states his nationality as polish, fine. however, take for example people of turkish origin born in germany. they see themselves as turks first, then germans. the lines of nationality are not so clean cut, hence why some people may accept izu and others may not.
Angol is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #50
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak has signed with Sauerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West View Post
HE HAS NOT ADOPTED SZCZECIN/GDANSK. he was ****ing born there, ****ing grew up there and ****ing fights for poland.

i don't see how he is not polish. just because he is black he isn't polish is like finding out a family finds out they are actually german down the lines.

he is as polish as any 27 year old trying to make his living in the world...even going abroad to tighten up water pipes



i just dont get why you wont accept him as polish. he fights for you
Polish nationality law is based upon the principles of jus sanguinis. Children born to Polish parents usually acquire citizenship irrespective of place of birth. A person born in Poland to foreign parents does not normally become a Polish citizen.

- Wikipedia
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #51
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 363
vCash: 642
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

I like Izu. As a fighter and person. Im def watching his career progress...but unfortunately I think Wojak Promotions are gonna ruin him, pretty much like everyone else.
Honor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #52
borsuk
~:~:~:~:~:~
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 39
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

so being a true pole is dependent on purity of slavic blood, is it? an interesting notion and i applaud the bravery of a polish patriot who would question the polishness of the likes of janusz radziwiłł (close supporter of piłsudski and member of his government, inprisoned by both the kgb and the nazis), stanisław haller (head of the polish chiefs of staff, murdered at katyn), kopernik (copernicus), dąbrowski, decjusz, cardinal józef glemp, general anders, józef haller etc. (i've only bothered with a few examples of poles of german descent, the list could of course be both much longer and broader). i'm amazed at the racist generalisations that get aired on this board. the majority of mexicans go to the states to push drugs, a 'murzyn' in warsaw is always engaged in dodgy practice, slavs from the east have more to offer etc. utter nonsense.

masternak is a good fighter who's been very protected thus far and to my eye it looks like he's got a few bad habits as a result, lets himself take punches he shouldn't and couldn't against better fighters. also not sure he hits quite as hard as his style seems to suggest he thinks. time will tell, at the moment he's a decent prospect but no more.
borsuk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #53
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk View Post
so being a true pole is dependent on purity of slavic blood, is it? an interesting notion and i applaud the bravery of a polish patriot who would question the polishness of the likes of janusz radziwiłł (close supporter of piłsudski and member of his government, inprisoned by both the kgb and the nazis), stanisław haller (head of the polish chiefs of staff, murdered at katyn), kopernik (copernicus), dąbrowski, decjusz, cardinal józef glemp, general anders, józef haller etc. (i've only bothered with a few examples of poles of german descent, the list could of course be both much longer and broader). i'm amazed at the racist generalisations that get aired on this board. the majority of mexicans go to the states to push drugs, a 'murzyn' in warsaw is always engaged in dodgy practice, slavs from the east have more to offer etc. utter nonsense.

masternak is a good fighter who's been very protected thus far and to my eye it looks like he's got a few bad habits as a result, lets himself take punches he shouldn't and couldn't against better fighters. also not sure he hits quite as hard as his style seems to suggest he thinks. time will tell, at the moment he's a decent prospect but no more.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Izu looks to have some decent potential....especially for a African boxer.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #54
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk View Post
so being a true pole is dependent on purity of slavic blood, is it? an interesting notion and i applaud the bravery of a polish patriot who would question the polishness of the likes of janusz radziwiłł (close supporter of piłsudski and member of his government, inprisoned by both the kgb and the nazis), stanisław haller (head of the polish chiefs of staff, murdered at katyn), kopernik (copernicus), dąbrowski, decjusz, cardinal józef glemp, general anders, józef haller etc. (i've only bothered with a few examples of poles of german descent, the list could of course be both much longer and broader). i'm amazed at the racist generalisations that get aired on this board. the majority of mexicans go to the states to push drugs, a 'murzyn' in warsaw is always engaged in dodgy practice, slavs from the east have more to offer etc. utter nonsense.

masternak is a good fighter who's been very protected thus far and to my eye it looks like he's got a few bad habits as a result, lets himself take punches he shouldn't and couldn't against better fighters. also not sure he hits quite as hard as his style seems to suggest he thinks. time will tell, at the moment he's a decent prospect but no more.
Racist generalizations? Really? Please point on the horrible racist statements you are referring too... (Other then Honor's, but hes paints himself as some kind of liberal)

It is not a secret there are many Poles of German,Ukrainian,Lithuanian descent. However, these peoples have been interacting with Poland for 1000 + years. Lithuanians, Ukrainians and Germans have contributed countless things to Polish culture. Without these people Polish history would look completely different

Where does Izu fit into here? He is the son of Nigerian Immigrants. Its a completely different case.
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #55
borsuk
~:~:~:~:~:~
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 39
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaKilla View Post
Racist generalizations? Really? Please point on the horrible racist statements you are referring too... (Other then Honor's, but hes paints himself as some kind of liberal)

It is not a secret there are many Poles of German,Ukrainian,Lithuanian descent. However, these peoples have been interacting with Poland for 1000 + years. Lithuanians, Ukrainians and Germans have contributed countless things to Polish culture. Without these people Polish history would look completely different

Where does Izu fit into here? He is the son of Nigerian Immigrants. Its a completely different case.
i was referring to racist generalisation on the board in general but quoted a couple of them in the post, just after the line you highlighted.

izu was born in poland, went to school in poland, speaks polish, describes himself as polish and has lived in poland all his life. yes, his parents were immigrants... but he is not. there is no reason whatsoever to call him anything other than polish, unless you subscribe to some weird purity of blood thinking.

incidentally, some of the comments about poland not being comparable to multi-ethnic societies like britain or the us are nonsense. through almost all of its independent history poland was one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world, right up to 1939 (hence the presence of so many jews, armenians etc in poland). it was the wartime massacres followed by a half-century of foreign-imposed isolation (difficulties in travelling abroad, even in the eastern bloc) that created the relatively homogenous poland that exists today, representing a historical anomaly rather than the norm.
borsuk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #56
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk View Post
i was referring to racist generalisation on the board in general but quoted a couple of them in the post, just after the line you highlighted.

izu was born in poland, went to school in poland, speaks polish, describes himself as polish and has lived in poland all his life. yes, his parents were immigrants... but he is not. there is no reason whatsoever to call him anything other than polish, unless you subscribe to some weird purity of blood thinking.

incidentally, some of the comments about poland not being comparable to multi-ethnic societies like britain or the us are nonsense. through almost all of its independent history poland was one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world, right up to 1939 (hence the presence of so many jews, armenians etc in poland). it was the wartime massacres followed by a half-century of foreign-imposed isolation (difficulties in travelling abroad, even in the eastern bloc) that created the relatively homogenous poland that exists today, representing a historical anomaly rather than the norm.
Having read through the earlier pages on this thread I suspect this guy may be lzolnier's alt.

As for your classification of Poland being some multicultural utopia "borsuk" we've been over this in this thread , you can just go back to my responces on page 2.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #57
borsuk
~:~:~:~:~:~
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 39
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Having read through the earlier pages on this thread I suspect this guy may be lzolnier's alt.

As for your classification of Poland being some multicultural utopia "borsuk" we've been over this in this thread , you can just go back to my responces on page 2.
who said it was a utopia? i said it was historically a multicultural rather than a homogenous society, and that the suggestion that polishness was related to slavic blood was a historical nonsense. i made no comment beyond that, and certainly no comment as to how it became multicultural, nor how the various cultures felt about each other and the country they lived in. it doesn't seem a hard point to grasp really but there we are.
borsuk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #58
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk View Post
who said it was a utopia? i said it was historically a multicultural rather than a homogenous society, and that the suggestion that polishness was related to slavic blood was a historical nonsense. i made no comment beyond that, and certainly no comment as to how it became multicultural, nor how the various cultures felt about each other and the country they lived in. it doesn't seem a hard point to grasp really but there we are.
Maybe I missed a history lesson... I did not know Africans inhabited Poland in large numbers historically

Multicultural Society = Many cultures living side by side with differences being tolerated

This was clearly not the case, As Orthodox Ukrainians/Belarussians were persecuted, Jews were persecuted, and Tatar Muslims were persecuted

For a long time, Being Polish = Catholic, Which is why many Ukrainian and Belarus nobles converted themselves and their serfs from Orthodox to Catholic
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #59
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Good Example

Kostya Tszyu to me is a Russian with mixed Asian descent

He might have made his career in Australia, but he is not an Australian.... He is a Russian Of mixed Asian descent living in Australia

Try to tell a Russian that Kostya is not Russian, and see what happens

Edit - His father is Asian, His mother is Russian
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 AM   #60
borsuk
~:~:~:~:~:~
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 39
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaKilla View Post
Maybe I missed a history lesson... I did not know Africans inhabited Poland in large numbers historically

Multicultural Society = Many cultures living side by side with differences being tolerated

This was clearly not the case, As Orthodox Ukrainians/Belarussians were persecuted, Jews were persecuted, and Tatar Muslims were persecuted

For a long time, Being Polish = Catholic, Which is why many Ukrainian and Belarus nobles converted themselves and their serfs from Orthodox to Catholic
a multicultural society is one in which several cultures exist, not necessarily harmoniously or equitably and certainly not necessarily without persecution. the point is that polish society, historically, has always been a multicultural one and so the argument that the son of an immigrant cannot be a pole, and that traditionally it has been so, is a historical nonsense. it doesn't matter where the immigrant parents came from.
borsuk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013