Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 01:49 AM   #61
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk View Post
a multicultural society is one in which several cultures exist, not necessarily harmoniously or equitably and certainly not necessarily without persecution. the point is that polish society, historically, has always been a multicultural one and so the argument that the son of an immigrant cannot be a pole, and that traditionally it has been so, is a historical nonsense. it doesn't matter where the immigrant parents came from.
I don't consider the "Russian Empire" as a multicultural society. I don't Consider the "Hapsburg Austrian Empire" a multicultural society either

Multicultural =/= other peoples invaded by 1 dominant group

Multicultural = Many groups irrespective of ethnicity living together in a fair and unbiased society

You are thinking of Empire...

Russian Empire = Fins,Lithuanians,Latvians,Estonians,Tatars,Poles,Ukrainians,Belarus under Russian rule

Polish-Lithuanian - Ukrainians,Belarus, Jews, Gypsies, Latvians, Tatars, under Polish Rule

Empire =/= Multicultural
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 03:36 AM   #62
borsuk
~:~:~:~:~:~
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 39
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaKilla View Post
I don't consider the "Russian Empire" as a multicultural society. I don't Consider the "Hapsburg Austrian Empire" a multicultural society either

Multicultural =/= other peoples invaded by 1 dominant group

Multicultural = Many groups irrespective of ethnicity living together in a fair and unbiased society

You are thinking of Empire...

Russian Empire = Fins,Lithuanians,Latvians,Estonians,Tatars,Poles,Ukrainians,Belarus under Russian rule

Polish-Lithuanian - Ukrainians,Belarus, Jews, Gypsies, Latvians, Tatars, under Polish Rule

Empire =/= Multicultural
i'm afraid you're confusing the political ethos of multiculturalism, which sees diversity as a goal to be striven for, with a multicultural society, which is simply a descriptive term with no value judgement attached to it. of course the russian empire was multicultural. it was also an empire, discriminatory and repressive. none of those are contradictory.

the argument is irrelevant to the point, however, which is that poland and polishness have traditionally never been the kind of ethnically-pure concepts that was implied, and that many poles are descended from immigrants from all sorts of backgrounds. izu was born in poland, went to polish schools, speaks polish, is a polish citizen, describes himself as polish, votes in polish elections... he's as polish as the next nowak, or miller, or tusk, or cygan.

anyway, that's my last comment on it. the thread's been hijacked by this tbh.



masternak is in danger of learning some bad defensive habits from fighting poor opposition, he needs to be challenged properly to reach his potential.
borsuk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #63
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kraków
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 465
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Missed the fight.

How did Masternak look? So he went the distance, eh?
turbina is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #64
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Missed the fight.

How did Masternak look? So he went the distance, eh?

Masternak was dominant and won at least 9 of the 10 rounds. The variety of punches and combinations were on full display. At the end of the 2 round, Masternak scored a clean knockdown but it occurred right at the bell and the ref didn't count it. Overall, his opponent survived on pure will and I was happy with Masternak's performance. Commentator was saying that Saurland is hoping for Masternak to fight on the Haye-Chisora undercard next.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #65
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,171
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

I have to admit, this was not Mat's most impressive night.

Even though he pitched close to a shutout, losing only the 1st round on my card, he treated this very lackadaisically as though it were a sparring session. He made Miles seem tougher than he probably is, where I feel he probably could have forced a stoppage if he really felt like it.

A bit disappointed in Masternak. Hopefully this display of laziness was just a one-off and not a sign of future habits.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #66
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kraków
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 465
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

A bit disappointed in Masternak. Hopefully this display of laziness was just a one-off and not a sign of future habits.

I was a bit surprised as well when I saw that it went the distance, and a bit dissapointed as well, especially since I was thinking his last fight should have ended sooner then it was as well.
turbina is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #67
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I have to admit, this was not Mat's most impressive night.

Even though he pitched close to a shutout, losing only the 1st round on my card, he treated this very lackadaisically as though it were a sparring session. He made Miles seem tougher than he probably is, where I feel he probably could have forced a stoppage if he really felt like it.

A bit disappointed in Masternak. Hopefully this display of laziness was just a one-off and not a sign of future habits.
Bullishit, Masternak took two rounds off (1st and 9th) and was active and dominant the rest of the way. Welcome to ESB - when you don't stop someone in brutal fashion, you're performance was shit. Masternak was dominant here in almost every way imaginable and that is what boxing is all about. He dominated a can (much more than a can if you listen to Enzo Calzaghi a few years ago) and it happened to have a tough enough chin and determination to last 10 rounds.Maternak was absolutely dominant and showcased his superior skills to a Danish audience. The combos, the variety of punches, the speed were all there. What else do you want denier?

Last edited by lzolnier; 05-20-2012 at 03:58 AM.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #68
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: S.F Bay Area by way of Bytom Polska
Posts: 9,895
vCash: 197
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

He needs to fight SOLID opponents from here on out.

Enough of these scrubs.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #69
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kraków
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 465
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Bullishit, Masternak took two rounds off (1st and 9th) and was active and dominant the rest of the way. Welcome to ESB - when you don't stop someone in brutal fashion, you're performance was shit. Masternak was dominant here in almost every way imaginable and that is what boxing is all about. He dominated a can (much more than a can if you listen to Enzo Calzaghi a few years ago) and it happened to have a tough enough chin and determination to last 10 rounds.Maternak was absolutely dominant and showcased his superior skills to a Danish audience. The combos, the variety of punches, the speed were all there. What else do you want denier?

He definitely is a good fight and surely won the entire fight easily, no denying. For me personally, though, I think he should be knocking these types of guys out. Maybe the opponent was tougher then anticipated though. Still haven't seen the fight so..
turbina is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #70
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Dissapointed in Masternak as well. Hope its a case of fighting down to the level of opposition.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #71
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,171
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Bullishit, Masternak took two rounds off (1st and 9th) and was active and dominant the rest of the way. Welcome to ESB - when you don't stop someone in brutal fashion, you're performance was shit. Masternak was dominant here in almost every way imaginable and that is what boxing is all about. He dominated a can (much more than a can if you listen to Enzo Calzaghi a few years ago) and it happened to have a tough enough chin and determination to last 10 rounds.Maternak was absolutely dominant and showcased his superior skills to a Danish audience. The combos, the variety of punches, the speed were all there. What else do you want denier?
Just put a cork in it already. I like Masternak. Fact is, he didn't show a lot of urgency and probably could have gotten rid of Miles...tough and determined or not.

You don't need to oversell the performance. It is OK to acknowledge that while yes he dominated and yes he threw many nice pretty combos he still didn't go all out to close the show and was in cruise control much of the time.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #72
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 363
vCash: 642
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Now its time for Alexeev
Honor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #73
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: S.F Bay Area by way of Bytom Polska
Posts: 9,895
vCash: 197
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

If he keeps fighting BUMS soon he will become to comfortable and become a BUM himself.

Time to go up a few levels and stay there.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:43 AM   #74
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

He had so much promise but his last 2 years have been useless
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #75
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 363
vCash: 642
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
If he keeps fighting BUMS soon he will become to comfortable and become a BUM himself.

Time to go up a few levels and stay there.
This was a 3 week notice fight I think...so I say its fair play. But its the last straw tho...Master has been mentioning Alexeev so much in his interviews, that would be the best option right now. Alexeev is there for the picking and grabbing a EBU belt(a semi prestigious belt imo) is a decent stepping stone for a world title fight.
Honor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013