Beouche 3 20.00%
Hamza 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #46
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: Whos the most knowledgable poster on the MMA Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
I would have been on the poll if I came on here often enough, no doubt.
You overrate Sakuraba too much though.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #47
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

No love for my thread on how Cung Le was going to dethrone Anderson Silva? Tough crowd. lol
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #48
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Latineg is the only one I could talk to here about the first UFCs and the dark ages.

But I do agree with most that ESB while having the worst Boxing forum has the best MMA one. If you go to Sherdog, its actually the opposite.

Honorable mention to Monaro.
5 years ago id have agreed with this statement. The quality comes because of less footfall.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #49
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Hey BobDigi! ( Don't think we've met on here, so hi.)

Let me start by saying I like the Winfella and he's entitled to his opinion of course and so are you, this is a forum for debate and opinions are the name of the game around here.

I'm a noob on this forum, so haven’t been around to see the ebb and flow in terms of members over a long period of time. I’m not really an MMA guy either so I may be unqualified to speak about the general quality of the MMA post here. However, what I do know is that there is a good mix of fighters, ex fighters, historians and general fans on here. I know the pool isn’t huge, but I think all things considered that is a positive and good testament to the quality of the forum and the posters, who I feel are all here for the love of the sport.

Some posters on here may not have the fight experience to talk too technically about training or fighting, however some of those guys have an almost encyclopaedic historical knowledge of the sport, which is very valid and useful knowledge on a forum such as this. I’m a MT guy and have been involved in MT since about 88, but I have huge holes in my historical knowledge which guys on this forum can help me out with. I’ve only been on here for a few months but I’ve learnt a lot about aspects and developments in the sport pre the 80s and post 2003 I never knew about.

Being largely ignorant of the MMA scene post the late 90s any time I’ve asked a question about MMA I haven’t been smashed to pieces by the members, (which happens on a lot of other forums), I’ve been given a well thought out brilliant insightful answer every time, like when I asked about Kimbo, who I really knew nothing about, but within a couple of posts had the run down thanks to a few of the lads here.

I think what I’m trying to say is I like the openness and willingness to engage, challenge and inform on this forum in a mature manner(most of the time). I know what you mean about the small pool of posters, but on some of the larger forums such as AX the kickboxing one, yes there is a lot of knowledge, but there is way more ignorance, so you spend too much tome wading through crap to get your gold, which I don’t have to do here. It also makes it more fun as you get to know the personality of the posters and people tend to be pleasant and helpful even when they are disagreeing.

I like the mix here and have been made to feel welcome, so thanks to all the posters who make this forum what it is. We all love combat sports and we all have something to offer regardless of the level of knowledge and experience each poster has.

By the way BobDigi, a few post ago I was referred to as “knowledgeable” by a couple of posters, so feel compelled to respond the inflammatory "keyboard warrior" thing. Were you refereeing to me as “keyboard warrior”? Entitled to your opinion, but I I'm no "keyboard warrior".
I guess what I'm trying to say is that a lot of us are Lounge rats at heart, and what is believed to be knowledge, or not, is really just good, witty candor in the spirit of ESB.

Vic-JofreBRASIL, never heard of him until a few months ago, but not a lot of insults or personal attacks in his post count. Their are others, but I would leave out too many names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Ive had a couple of flashes mate ill admit to that , key board warrior ...................... naaaaaa not me mate !!!

Bickering is another slightly inaccurate wording , i like to pick holes in weak posts , to begin a debate , nothing personal !!!! , i just love an argument , thats my problem , but i will never post to a) make someone look bad (unless they've got it coming to them) or b) directly insult somebody (i.e being called downsyndrome like Scurla called me) , and ive got a downsyndrome cousin homey so i dont appreciate that !!
See above for keyboard reference

I'm sorry my last message came off as personal, because it wasn't. I agree on all points, and have a 64 year old uncle with a form of DS
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #50
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

So many names, and so little time.. I know you know what I mean.. Over the next three weeks I'm on vacation

We all have our strengths, and weak points.. I know, that I know when we need a poll, and something to watch

But, I really wish this Section had more activity whenever I come back to it. I hope it becomes more active over the next 5 years.. Time will tell.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #51
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Vic-JofreBRASIL, never heard of him until a few months ago, but not a lot of insults or personal attacks in his post count. Their are others, but I would leave out too many names.

You will never see me acting like a "knowledgable poster", because Im pretty sure there are a lot of guys only here in the MMA section that easily knows a lot more than me....
80% of my posts were done in the Classic, Im here just sometimes and I like to talk mostly about MT with Boran, Flea and Yaca and others in the Muay Thai thread.....
Flea knows me better than anyone here, he can tell you that I never acted like if I was someone that knows about MMA or Boxing or MT, never, really....because I know Im not this guy...
I like to post about Combat Sports, and if I have something to say I say, and ask to people that know me better how Im always ready to hear everyone.....just that
Old 05-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #52
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
5 years ago id have agreed with this statement. The quality comes because of less footfall.
Its gotten bad because of the boxing fanboys that has infiltrated this forum with their BS. Also, if Pride still existed this place would have been nuts.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #53
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Its gotten bad because of the boxing fanboys that has infiltrated this forum with their BS. Also, if Pride still existed this place would have been nuts.
You're not allowed to say that here...The joyboys will get mad. Somewhat ironic that the best days here were when PRIDE/HERO's/K-1 was at its height.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #54
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
So many names, and so little time.. I know you know what I mean.. Over the next three weeks I'm on vacation

We all have our strengths, and weak points.. I know, that I know when we need a poll, and something to watch

But, I really wish this Section had more activity whenever I come back to it. I hope it becomes more active over the next 5 years.. Time will tell.
Sorry mate, I get what your saying and agree.

I guess I misunderstood the "keyboard warrior" thing, thought it was meant like "armchair general".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
You will never see me acting like a "knowledgable poster", because Im pretty sure there are a lot of guys only here in the MMA section that easily knows a lot more than me....
80% of my posts were done in the Classic, Im here just sometimes and I like to talk mostly about MT with Boran, Flea and Yaca and others in the Muay Thai thread.....
Flea knows me better than anyone here, he can tell you that I never acted like if I was someone that knows about MMA or Boxing or MT, never, really....because I know Im not this guy...
I like to post about Combat Sports, and if I have something to say I say, and ask to people that know me better how Im always ready to hear everyone.....just that
Vic you don't need to defend yourself, you're a top guy and a top poster. I love your enthusiasm, historical knowledge of boxing, MMA and MT, when ever you post it's aways worth reading and your always pleasant and opptitmistic. Your insghts from Brazil are also intersting and unique on this forum.

It's refreshing to have another international view on a what is let's face it a mostly US and Brit dominated forum.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #55
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
I'm with you bro, and you enlighten some of us more than you think!! I believe you have personally answered some questions of mine in the Kickboxing/MT thread.

When I brought your name into the mix, it was only as an example of someone who doesn't have an ego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Sorry mate, I get what your saying and agree.

I guess I misunderstood the "keyboard warrior" thing, thought it was meant like "armchair general".

Vic you don't need to defend yourself, you're a top guy and a top poster. I love your enthusiasm, historical knowledge of boxing, MMA and MT, when ever you post it's aways worth reading and your always pleasant and opptitmistic. Your insghts from Brazil are also intersting and unique on this forum.

It's refreshing to have another international view on a what is let's face it a mostly US and Brit dominated forum.
It's all good man, I talk a little trash, and I'm sorry for not making it clear the first time around.

Vic you are golden
Old 05-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #56
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'm with you bro, and you enlighten some of us more than you think!! I believe you have personally answered some questions of mine in the Kickboxing/MT thread.

When I brought your name into the mix, it was only as an example of someone who doesn't have an ego.

It's all good man, I talk a little trash, and I'm sorry for not making it clear the first time around.

Vic you are golden
Oh got it bro
Thanks Boran and Bobidigi :
I always try to show how the sport is in Brazil, since Brazil is a big part of the MMA world, and it is especially popular here now.....but Im a bit lazy sometimes, lol....we are starting to have solid cards here and Ill try to show more from now on about the brazilian prospects and things like that, some fighters that can be obscure for non-brazilians but we know pretty well.....probably will be nice to do a thread about that in the future !
Old 05-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #57
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

I'm a noob in following this sport, but then I never claim to be an expert. There are many fights I haven't seen, especially from the old days. And I've sure as hell never participated in any facet of the sport, or training or whatever.

I think I have a fair nose for smelling bullshit though.

And I have a few opinions that are in the minority. But whatever I say, I like to think that I can provide logical reasoning to justify why I take that stance. I don't act like the mere act of my saying something makes all of my bullshit opinions facts and therefore I don't need to ever explain my stances or post pics of my embarrassing fanboy tattoo.

But hey, I like to think that at least some of my posts liven the small subforum up a bit. And I do love to argue and talk down to people on the internet.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #58
No Fear
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Where is the 'Mike W' option?!
No Fear is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #59
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It's obviously me and anyone that hasn't said so is just trying to hurt me.
EL BULLY is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum