Old 05-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #91
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Most People arguing Pac-Floyd Split DKSA MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
There are still other factors that will come into play.. Time of year, holidays, economy, opponent..

But thee number one is up to date numbers.. pac should do significantly less in the current ppv battle in his fight against Bradley.. And no doubt it will be used against him..
You don't know **** so pipe down, this thread has gone way over you simple head
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #92
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
Yep, that is accounted for in the first post

None of those say hbo though.

http://www.boxing$cene.com/mayweather-hatton-ppv-buyrate-tops-850k--11739

The Ortiz fight is also included in the first post to help support the growth trend, not for direct comparative ****ysis

Mosley-Pacquiao was never released by HBO as well.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #93
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post

Mosley-Pacquiao was never released by HBO as well.
lol k I'll put a disclaimer up on the op, noting the secondary nature of the sources for Mosley, Marquez III, and Ortiz, nice n bold, since everyone's pointed that out
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #94
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
lol k I'll put a disclaimer up on the op, noting the secondary nature of the sources for Mosley, Marquez III, and Ortiz, nice n bold, since everyone's pointed that out
I trust that the Marquez 3 numbers are legit...the fight had a lot of hype generated around it.

There seems to be no hype at all around Manny Bradley though. The Hatton Pacquiao fight had more hype around that fight.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #95
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The fighters also took 1/3 of the revenue in the De La Hoya-Mayweather fight.

The guarantee for Oscar was $23,300,000 and Floyd's was $10,000,000.

They then took $46,000,000 of the $137,800,000. Oscar was paid $52,800,000 and Floyd received $26,200,000.

Your post is very informative though.

I may have missed it megavolt but did you include that Arum would also have to come out of pocket for promoting the fight?
Come one, you're not even trying now, you're just throwing **** against the wall and hoping it sticks. They took in 1/3 in guarantees, which would only matter if one of them was stupid enough to sign for no ppv upside. What matters is, they split 57% of the gross ppv revenue. And supposedly, him and Cotto did much better percentage wise.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #96
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 218

Quote:
It does matter, especially when tying that in to the revenue.

If I make $50,000,000 to fight and your getting $25,000,000 to fight, and we come together, why should you be allowed to make $27,500,000 more than your highest payday and I only get $2,500,000 more than my highest payday?

How is that fair at all? They would split $105,000,000 as projected. It's not a fair deal if you get to more than double your highest payday and I get 5% more than my highest payday.
You have no facts as to what Pac actually takes home.. And you have no facts ob what Flours actually brings home.. Other than some Nevada Guarantee, and someone being quoted by someone. Unless you actually work for the IRS.

You are talking about a payday like it's one person getting paid.. Each man has promotional companies.. These are the guys who take and split the money.. Floyd dont matter, Manny dont matter..

What is fair, is who brings numbers to the table.. And if you want Manny million plus buys a fight you call him. If you want Floyd million plus buys a fight you call him..

The promotional companies split the bread, if Floyd brings home more in the end..all is fair.. And if what Floyd says it's true, then a fifty fifty split among promotional companies would still leave Floyd with a much bigger purse than Manny in the end... Since he takes home a much higher percentage with his contract..

All sides happy
renyo is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #97
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Quote:
I trust that the Marquez 3 numbers are legit...the fight had a lot of hype generated around it.

There seems to be no hype at all around Manny Bradley though. The Hatton Pacquiao fight had more hype around that fight.
Yeah, we'll see the numbers when they come out. I think it'll do decent around the 1.1m range give or take

I can tell when a fight's decently big when my home boy who I work out with whos a casual fan is pumped for a fight. He was pumped for Floyd-Cotto, and he's pretty pumped for this one as well
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 04:10 AM   #98
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
Come one, you're not even trying now, you're just throwing **** against the wall and hoping it sticks. They took in 1/3 in guarantees, which would only matter if one of them was stupid enough to sign for no ppv upside. What matters is, they split 57% of the gross ppv revenue. And supposedly, him and Cotto did much better percentage wise.
No they didn't split 57% of the gross revenue. They took 33%. $33,300,000 of that was the fighters purse or "expenditures."

$46,000,000 came from the profit off of the revenue.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #99
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
You have no facts as to what Pac actually takes home.. And you have no facts ob what Flours actually brings home.. Other than some Nevada Guarantee, and someone being quoted by someone. Unless you actually work for the IRS.

You are talking about a payday like it's one person getting paid.. Each man has promotional companies.. These are the guys who take and split the money.. Floyd dont matter, Manny dont matter..

What is fair, is who brings numbers to the table.. And if you want Manny million plus buys a fight you call him. If you want Floyd million plus buys a fight you call him..

The promotional companies split the bread, if Floyd brings home more in the end..all is fair.. And if what Floyd says it's true, then a fifty fifty split among promotional companies would still leave Floyd with a much bigger purse than Manny in the end... Since he takes home a much higher percentage with his contract..

All sides happy
I'll agree to dissagree as I'm getting tired.

Do you agree that they should let a 3rd party accounting firm audit all the numbers, and the fighters can be told what they bring to the table, down to the decimal?
Old 05-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #100
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 218

Quote:
I'll agree to dissagree as I'm getting tired.

Do you agree that they should let a 3rd party accounting firm audit all the numbers, and the fighters can be told what they bring to the table, down to the decimal?
True..

Audits are a headache... Long, painstaking.. But I do agree that they split based on revenue generated. Hbo should release numbers as well as the showtime numbers...
renyo is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #101
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
True..

Audits are a headache... Long, painstaking.. But I do agree that they split based on revenue generated. Hbo should release numbers as well as the showtime numbers...
I agree. This will show us what they are both bringing to the table.

Arum does not want to do this though.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #102
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No they didn't split 57% of the gross revenue. They took 33%. $33,300,000 of that was the fighters purse or "expenditures."

$46,000,000 came from the profit off of the revenue.
The combined purse was $77m out of $135m gross revenue, 57%. Like I said, fortunately they didn't take deals with 0 upside, so the guarantees don't matter. Had they taken less upfront, they probably would have walked away with more, given that it outperformed expectations. I repeat: their guarantee vs ppv share split was based on "projections" that were likely much lower than actual. By taking large guarantees, they failed to maximize the profit in this case. In other words, they could have done better than 57%, see FMJ Cotto.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #103
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
The combined purse was $77m out of $135m gross revenue, 57%. Like I said, fortunately they didn't take deals with 0 upside, so the guarantees don't matter. Had they taken less upfront, they probably would have walked away with more, given that it outperformed expectations. I repeat: their guarantee vs ppv share split was based on "projections" that were likely much lower than actual. By taking large guarantees, they failed to maximize the profit in this case. In other words, they could have done better than 57%, see FMJ Cotto.
$33,300,000 of that came before the fight was ever signed.

The fighters were paid $23,300,000 on the night of the fight (minus advances) and $10,000,000 on the night of the fight (minus advances).

They had not tallied up the numbers nor the revenue to see what type of revenue profits Oscar and Floyd made. Of the $137,800,000, they took $45,700,000 of that. That is 1/3 of the ppv profits.

The guarantee's are just that..guarantees. They are paid this money before any PPV profits come in. They aren't paying the fighters the $33,300,000 based off of ppv revenue. That is an expense.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum