vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Cro-Cop vs Current JDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Ohhhh lookie how low his hand are here...oh wait

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Junior landed plenty of punches and DIDN'T kod Mirko, so he switched to the knees in the clinch

and how does that in any way respond to what i just posted. sober up you retarded virgin
Beouche is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #32
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I actually quoted the wrong post Im useless when Im sober
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #33
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
I actually quoted the wrong post Im useless when Im sober

Might have known. Drink up you sober wreck
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #34
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
And what exactly makes you think that he can beat some of the best K-1 fighters who dedicate their whole life to beat you standing up, but not JDS. He keeps his hands lower to defend takedowns, but that isn´t a big problem when you´re fighting JDS. Yes his chin was never great and JDS has ko power but if they fought 10 times prime Crocop would probably win more often
JDS proved agianst Carwin that takedowns are a threat from him. Infact the more dangerous the striker like in the case of Carwin and a prime Cro Cop the more likely he is to shoot just to add that other element.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #35
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Jimmy that's an absurd comparison. His loss to Randleman was not an indication of anything. Other than CC taking an opponent lightly and paying a heavy price. JDS hasn't fought at the highest level (K-1) has made no indications that he has the ability do so. And yet you're willing to write of CC on the basis of a loss to Kevin? What exactly has JDS accomplished that makes you think he's a better striker or fighter than a prime CC?!?!?
Why does getting his head nearly taken off have to mean he took Randleman lightly ? Fact is he still got KTFO and it was the only time we have seen it happen. No JDS hasnt fought at K-1 level and why should he when he can be UFC Champion ? Look at his hands your telling me he cant compete ? Fast, powerful, accurate, good combos and look at his knees his showed agianst CRO COP that basically won him the fight. JDS has 2 parts down which is the knees and punches we dont know if he can kick but somehow I doubt he is some sorry kicker. The advantage CC has is the kicks but JDS keeps him backing up the entire time and its hard for CC to get anything off.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #36
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
To be fair jimmie, JDS has been beating alot of stiff in terms of stand up. They just get a pass because of the assumption that MMA has improved simply because it's not 2006. Not to say it hasnt improved, but HW striking is one of the areas which is extremely lacking in top level talent. Or am I missing something?

JDS is good, but for lack of a better term he's the best of a bad bunch.

Im not sure I know what you mean by breaking down mentally, as I dont ever recall Mirko doing a Oliver McCall in the middle of the cage. Frustrated at being beaten to the punch by fedor and worried about the TD's, then yes. Hard to decribe that as a break down though

Well he was outmuscled for a long stretch, had his knees buckled momentarily and had a hard time cutting off the cage against a very poor version of Mirko when they actually fought. JDS caught him repeatedly with upper cuts and knees and didnt kod him, and took a knee to the eye, which indeed made him quit

I suggest a prime Cro Cop would do a little better...
If mentally breaking down is doing a McCall then nobody breaks down mentally BTW I dont think that was prime JDS facing Cro Cop 3 years ago. That was the first fight where he really faced any pressure in his UFC career.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #37
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Prime Mirko Crocop would put JDS to sleep via his famous headkick.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #38
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
Why does getting his head nearly taken off have to mean he took Randleman lightly ? Fact is he still got KTFO and it was the only time we have seen it happen. No JDS hasnt fought at K-1 level and why should he when he can be UFC Champion ? Look at his hands your telling me he cant compete ? Fast, powerful, accurate, good combos and look at his knees his showed agianst CRO COP that basically won him the fight. JDS has 2 parts down which is the knees and punches we dont know if he can kick but somehow I doubt he is some sorry kicker. The advantage CC has is the kicks but JDS keeps him backing up the entire time and its hard for CC to get anything off.

Real talk. Junior's stand up - contrary to whats been said on here - is awesome for MMA. He's taken on the divisions best, and knocked them cold in short time

When i joined this forum, i got utterly shat on for suggesting CC was past prime when he fought Gonazga. We all know what JDS did to Gonzaga. So if H2H matter at all. then JDS KO1 CC

This would be a great fight, but todays Junior would knock prime CC out 8 times out of 10
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #39
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Real talk. Junior's stand up - contrary to whats been said on here - is awesome for MMA. He's taken on the divisions best, and knocked them cold in short time

When i joined this forum, i got utterly shat on for suggesting CC was past prime when he fought Gonazga. We all know what JDS did to Gonzaga. So if H2H matter at all. then JDS KO1 CC

This would be a great fight, but todays Junior would knock prime CC out 8 times out of 10
Prime CC was the one that destroyed his opponents at the OWGP. You guys have to be on crack if you think JDS could hold a candle to that version CC let alone prime CC in the K-1.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #40
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Prime CC was the one that destroyed his opponents at the OWGP. You guys have to be on crack if you think JDS could hold a candle to that version CC let alone prime CC in the K-1.

The Open Weight Grand Prix? You mean CC actually destroyed guys smaller than him?

Current JDS would murder prime Cro Cop and you know it
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 04:11 AM   #41
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
The Open Weight Grand Prix? You mean CC actually destroyed guys smaller than him?

Current JDS would murder prime Cro Cop and you know it
You mean smaller guys like Josh Barnett? Or Wandy who weighed more than him? (Plus they had history from their first super fight)
Come on dude you can do 'weigh' better than that. Pun intended.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #42
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
If mentally breaking down is doing a McCall then nobody breaks down mentally BTW I dont think that was prime JDS facing Cro Cop 3 years ago. That was the first fight where he really faced any pressure in his UFC career.
Yeah that true, it would be unfair to say JDS hasnt improved, his hands are better. But he hasnt really added much to his game. I guess he hasnt had too
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #43
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

JDS is undoubtedly a boxer but we have seen some real good knees, some real good takedown defence and also some takedowns. It is clear he has other elements to his game but given he is so good in his dimension he will not move into others.

****ing old school, lighting mother****ers up like The Iceman used to. Man I missed Chuck but Junior brings all the feelings rushing back. Love the slicing celebration. It's like Chucks one when he lit a bitch up.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum