Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Polska Siła!!!
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 75
Default Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

apparently both camps are negotiating and are very close to signing the contract, fight to be held in Poland on 30 June

any thoughts?
damian38 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Spectre Island
Posts: 305
vCash: 75
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

apparently both camps are negotiating and are very close to signing the contract, fight to be held in Poland on 30 June

any thoughts?
even though jones shouldnt be fighting anymore, and hes even beyond badly faded, hes still perhaps a step up for kostecki. perhaps more importantly, even beating jones, at this stage of his career, would give kostecki more exposure than ever before.

good move by kostecki's team, in my opinion
Angol is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Whats the deal with Kostecki anyway. He is 39-1 now with his best win been Lolenga Mock. Is it just that his promoter is shit?

I know he was close to fight with Erdei in States last year though, before Erdei got (Of course) injured.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 363
vCash: 642
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Whats the deal with Kostecki anyway. He is 39-1 now with his best win been Lolenga Mock. Is it just that his promoter is shit?

I know he was close to fight with Erdei in States last year though, before Erdei got (Of course) injured.
Thats how Wojak 12 Round Promotions works bro. Look at Damian Jonak....hes 33-0 and still fighting 8 rounders.

Thats why all our best Polish fighters are the ones not fighting in Poland...

Adamek, Wolak, Wach, Szpilka, Proksa etc.. are all fighting in the States(cept Proksa) Theres no future in Polish boxing in Poland, its like the Polish FA...worthless...

Disgraceful fight if this happens, making a name for yourself by beating a old legend, who shouldn't even be fighting. Kostecki should be going after Cleverly at the very least.... ; /
Honor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kraków
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 465
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Kostecki just fights for Wojak and collects checks while padding his record. He runs a whore house on the side with his mother in the family business.

Didnt the court give him a 2.5 year jail sentence? Wtf happened to that?
turbina is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post
Thats how Wojak 12 Round Promotions works bro. Look at Damian Jonak....hes 33-0 and still fighting 8 rounders.

Thats why all our best Polish fighters are the ones not fighting in Poland...

Adamek, Wolak, Wach, Szpilka, Proksa etc.. are all fighting in the States(cept Proksa) Theres no future in Polish boxing in Poland, its like the Polish FA...worthless...

Disgraceful fight if this happens, making a name for yourself by beating a old legend, who shouldn't even be fighting. Kostecki should be going after Cleverly at the very least.... ; /
Been wondering about Joniak as well. And Kolodzej for that matter.

Too bad It reminds me a bit of Mogens Palle, though he got bigger name opponents more often.

Understandable why Masternak moved away too. Though it has not been visible yet opponent wise in his first two Sauerland-fights. Hopefully it changes soon.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Kostecki just fights for Wojak and collects checks while padding his record. He runs a whore house on the side with his mother in the family business.

Didnt the court give him a 2.5 year jail sentence? Wtf happened to that?
He never got to serve it? Remember reading about his side job on here.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

2007-10-13 175¼ Bernard Donfack 174¼ 6-5-3

Khodynka Ice Palace, Moscow, Russia W UD 8 8

referee: Viktor Panin | judge: Evgeny Gorstkov | judge: Roman Petrov | judge: Alexander Kalinkin
Original decision of Draw MD overruled by PBFR Council on the 22.10.2007.


Anyone know what happened there? Tailing mistake?
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Polska Siła!!!
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 75
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
He never got to serve it? Remember reading about his side job on here.
he was supposed to serve it, and that's why this news about him fighting Jones surprised me
damian38 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
he was supposed to serve it, and that's why this news about him fighting Jones surprised me
Oh, I see.

Doing a Mayweather maybe?
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kraków
Posts: 2,389
vCash: 465
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
He never got to serve it? Remember reading about his side job on here.

I guess not. The news just came out like 2-3 weeks ago too, that the courts decision for his 2.5 year jail term is final, and now news of this fight comes out. Maybe he paid off one of the officials to move his sentence so he can fight this last "high profile" fight so he can get some cash before he gets locked up, and the official gets part of the cut.. Since he will probably be washed up when he gets out.

****ing lowlife.
turbina is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 122,053
vCash: 32000
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Kostecki can crack a bit. Byron Mitchell (who's about as over the hill and fissured in the mandible as Jones) got badly beaten up and KTFO by him.

BORKED

Roy better tuck it up. If he can be very, very careful he can maybe box around this guy at a distance and pot shot his way to the final bell..and from there it's just a matter of whether boxing politics and/or individual judge style preference sway in favor of the hometown guy or the faded legend.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
I guess not. The news just came out like 2-3 weeks ago too, that the courts decision for his 2.5 year jail term is final, and now news of this fight comes out. Maybe he paid off one of the officials to move his sentence so he can fight this last "high profile" fight so he can get some cash before he gets locked up, and the official gets part of the cut.. Since he will probably be washed up when he gets out.

****ing lowlife.
Could be
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Kostecki can crack a bit. Byron Mitchell (who's about as over the hill and fissured in the mandible as Jones) got badly beaten up and KTFO by him.

BORKED

Roy better tuck it up. If he can be very, very careful he can maybe box around this guy at a distance and pot shot his way to the final bell..and from there it's just a matter of whether boxing politics and/or individual judge style preference sway in favor of the hometown guy or the faded legend.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,315
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Dawid "Cygan" Kostecki- Roy Jones Jr. 30 June in Poland?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJh8tQbcNY[/ame]

1:58
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013