Old 05-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #76
blacktopbully
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Cotto: Witness The Slickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
He tried to do that at 147 but he was just too weak and brittle. No joint lubrication, no lean muscle mass and no flexibility. At 154 he is like a combination of Willie Pep and Pernell Whitaker. A young, hungry, lion-like, musclebound, undefeated version of Willie Pep and Pernell Whitaker.
u mad!
blacktopbully is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #77
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Hey! Cotto deserved that little shuffle 2-step at the end. Not too many people can do that to Floyd. Too bad it had no effect on the outcome. But hey, at least it gives Cotto some bragging rights.
papadoc28 is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #78
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Not sure why gif has generated so much back lash from certain posters? It was defo a slick moment just as the whole fight was a pleasure to watch. I don't think Floyd needs his apologists running to his aide...he won a well fought and competitive fight...both men bleed and both men impressed, leave it at that and stop the bitching.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #79
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Yeah should have been doing that the entire fight. Maybe he wouldnt have been pissing blood and crying in the dressing room.
Why do you keep posting that? Are you hoping to pass off long enough for other people start saying, "Yeah, Floyd have Cotto pissin blood after" like it was some complete destruction?

The fight was close, both fighters put in a great effort and the result was an excellent fight. I know you are big upping Mayweather to make it appear like the fight was easier than it was for him, but that just takes away from the grit and determination he put forth in the fight to overcome what Cotto brought.
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #80
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
But one thing i'm amazed at because your a cotto man and you broke down the fight very well when you watched it and Cotto did exactly what you said he could do and can do and he did it but you had him losing! Well I don't see how when he put a lot of early rounds in the bank and blocked a lot of Mayweathers punches, more than Oscar even did. I watched the fight 5 timers already and I come up with a drAW EVERYTIME.
I was glad Cotto did do a lot of what I broke down he was able to do. People laughed at the thought of him turning southpaw and landing-he did it; people insisted Floyd would walk him down while I said he'd avoid his pressure with movement-he did it; people said his jab wouldn't land because he was shorter, and I said Cotto would land when he stepped in with it-and he did; they said Cotto had no right hand and wouldn't land it, while I insisted it had improved and would-it did.

Thing is, I also said that if Cotto stayed in on the inside too long (instead of backing off to restart in an "ambush" style), it would allow Floyd to get into a rhythm. That gave Floyd the advantage in many rounds. Ultimately I scored it 6-4-2 f or Floyd on watching it a second time, but while a draw is kind of a stretch, the rounds were close and I can see it being feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper View Post
Not sure why gif has generated so much back lash from certain posters? It was defo a slick moment just as the whole fight was a pleasure to watch. I don't think Floyd needs his apologists running to his aide...he won a well fought and competitive fight...both men bleed and both men impressed, leave it at that and stop the bitching.

Last edited by Bogotazo; 05-21-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #81
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Handed View Post
Why do you keep posting that? Are you hoping to pass off long enough for other people start saying, "Yeah, Floyd have Cotto pissin blood after" like it was some complete destruction?

The fight was close, both fighters put in a great effort and the result was an excellent fight. I know you are big upping Mayweather to make it appear like the fight was easier than it was for him, but that just takes away from the grit and determination he put forth in the fight to overcome what Cotto brought.
I appreciate the abilitly to scruntinize a fight but many posters have lost touch with the big picture....boxing won as a whole that night. I cannot beleive the insecurities that have been plastered all over these forums.
Caper is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum