Old 05-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
W1LLPARK3R
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Good News for Andre Berto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
This could still be a problem if true, First off, Berto's name has already been smeared. You're not going to be able to undo that. Second, was VADA the ones who determined that the trace amounts were so minute that thety were consistent with contamination instead of intent? If they were, where all the parties informed? There are so many questions that can stem from this. Unless they can get the fight back on, all parties in this scenario still lose.

and the posters on this Forum have been among those doing the smearing before the facts came in...false positives happen folks...
W1LLPARK3R is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #17
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
False positives are supposedly known.. So why would they release this shit in the first place before making a final call..

Any way the fight still happens?
Because they got slammed for waiting too long on Peterson.

I had a thread that I said this was playing out differently from Peterson and I was reserving judgement. Peterson dug himself deeper every time he opened his mouth. He discussed the treatment with his trainer and NEITHER knew testosterone was a banned substance?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

Berto is ****ed. The low levels, if true, may be due to him abusing nadrolone a year ago instead of eating contaminated products last thursday. No way to tell. His only chance of some redemption is to identify a credible contamination source of the nadrolone metabolite.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Because they got slammed for waiting too long on Peterson.
Only they didn't, did they? The even faxed a report ahead of the post. But the recieving end had gone home for the weekend
Maximum it was one day later than quickest possible as far as I understand.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
leocouture
Chinchecker KILLA!!!!!! G
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arranmcl View Post
If I were Berto I'd sue the **** out of everyone I can.
this
leocouture is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #21
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacker View Post
Only they didn't, did they? The even faxed a report ahead of the post. But the recieving end had gone home for the weekend
Maximum it was one day later than quickest possible as far as I understand.
Schaefer was moaning and bitching about not being notified fast enough. He thought he should have been notified when the A sample came back positive. VADA claims if he had done the proper paperwork he would have been notified then. Anyhow, I think that's why this is rushed. It gives GBP time to do a backup plan. Not sure if the backup was contingent on 'factors' or not.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
demigawd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Berto is ****ed. The low levels, if true, may be due to him abusing nadrolone a year ago instead of eating contaminated products last thursday. No way to tell. His only chance of some redemption is to identify a credible contamination source of the nadrolone metabolite.
But if that were the case, he should have been caught back in December or January, when VADA was doing random testing on Berto and Ortiz in the lead up to their original date.

That's the biggest question mark for me. Berto turned up completely clean the first time around, the fight gets canceled, and the SECOND time around he decides to take, not just a steroid, but the most detectable steroid on Earth? For no reason? (Nandro doesn't speed up recovery time from an injury)
demigawd is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #23
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Get your facts straight asshole. You and Hermdick are clueless on this subject trying to be the first to parrot shit from other sources.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #24
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
Any way the fight still happens?
Doubtful.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #25
Zaryu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This really sucks for the sport. I actually think Peterson and Berto didn't have any intentions of cheating. Everything that has been detected on them doesn't seem to be enough to actually enhance their perfomances, which is the whole point of PED's.

So far all these testings have brought up negative attention to the sport and ruined two great match ups (proven in both previous fights). Now, I don't mean to sound like I'm against more strict testing, I endorse it, but it's extremely frustrating how the situations have been handled. Common sense should be applied, and if there's no harm done, keep the fights scheduled.
Zaryu is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #26
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demigawd View Post
But if that were the case, he should have been caught back in December or January, when VADA was doing random testing on Berto and Ortiz in the lead up to their original date.

That's the biggest question mark for me. Berto turned up completely clean the first time around, the fight gets canceled, and the SECOND time around he decides to take, not just a steroid, but the most detectable steroid on Earth? For no reason? (Nandro doesn't speed up recovery time from an injury)
Right, that's a good argument. I didn't know they already had done a few rounds of testing.
(Nandro does speed up recovery from muscle injury according to Conte, was it? A cursory google says so, too. A sports nutritionist (!) I know says so too.)
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #27
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Right, that's a good argument. I didn't know they already had done a few rounds of testing.
(Nandro does speed up recovery from muscle injury according to Conte, was it? A cursory google says so, too. A sports nutritionist (!) I know says so too.)
This......................

He basically got hurt, roided up to heal faster, and got caught
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I wouldnt take the fight if I were Ortiz no way why risk it the man has a banned substance in his system.

I wonder how many of you would feel this way if it were Pac going into the Mayweather fight
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #29
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
I wouldnt take the fight if I were Ortiz no way why risk it the man has a banned substance in his system.

I wonder how many of you would feel this way if it were Pac going into the Mayweather fight
I think if Pacquiao and Mayweather actually agreed to fight eachother, and one of them were found to have trace amounts of a banned substance consistant with a contamination, most fans would want the fight to go on. With that being said, I would perfectly understand the fighter not wanting to fight the offending party.
BigReg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum