Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting

vBookie Event: Kessler vs. Green (Boxing)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Kessler vs. Green (Boxing)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Mikkel Kessler 1/5 F (0.20) 141 387104 WIN!
Alan Green 11/2 (5.50) 12 3877  
Draw 35/1 (35.00) 8 253  
Over 9.5 rounds 10/3 (3.33) 79 21021  
Under 9.5 rounds 1/4 (0.25) 18 1255 WIN!

Old 05-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #46
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 2000
Default Re: Mikkel Kessler vs. Allan Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Private betting, IB?
Disgraceful practice. If I were a mod the feature would be disabled. (if that's even possible to do with vBookie...which I don't know because I've never actually been a mod )
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #47
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Got some Vcash on Sanchez Jr beating Rosas, Vcash check.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #48
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
He should've shown up to that fight with a pillow glued to the back of his head, mate.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #49
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Disgraceful practice. If I were a mod the feature would be disabled. (if that's even possible to do with vBookie...which I don't know because I've never actually been a mod )
wrong here , despite never doing it myself yet , i m all 4 it . a man should b allowed 2 keep his knowledge / wisdom 4 himself if and when he chooses so .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #50
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
wrong here , despite never doing it myself yet , i m all 4 it . a man should b allowed 2 keep his knowledge / wisdom 4 himself if and when he chooses so .
Why should he be able to?

It's the same thing with polls. Thread starters should never make them anonymous. All should be public.

Stand behind your decisions. Don't hide.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #51
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Why should he be able to?

It's the same thing with polls. Thread starters should never make them anonymous. All should be public.

Stand behind your decisions. Don't hide.
I might agree with u on d polls , but it's not Xactly d same thing :
Think of some1 who doesn't want his bets 2b copied , and i can mention yet even more reasons 4 it . Private betting needs 2b allowed .
Now even regarding polls , sometimes i do find d anonymous polls necessary .
Old 05-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #52
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Why should anyone care if his bets are copied? It doesn't affect how much he gets paid out if someone else piggybacks on his bet.

Also it's arrogant for people to assume that everyone's trying to copy their specific bets.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #53
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Why should anyone care if his bets are copied? It doesn't affect how much he gets paid out if someone else piggybacks on his bet.

Also it's arrogant for people to assume that everyone's trying to copy their specific bets.
it's a man's right 2 prove his superiority at predicting d future / Xploiting vBookie without getting copied , "arrogant" or not . "Arrogance" must not b a justification 4 abolishing anything . Let each decide if he permits others 2 copy himself or not . Don't like it ? don't do it . But u have and should keep not having no right 2 prevent it from others .
Old 05-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #54
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
it's a man's right 2 prove his superiority at predicting d future / Xploiting vBookie without getting copied , "arrogant" or not . "Arrogance" must not b a justification 4 abolishing anything . Let each decide if he permits others 2 copy himself or not . Don't like it ? don't do it . But u have and should keep not having no right 2 prevent it from others .
But it's the other way around. You're just looking at it from one angle.

If someone wants to "show off" how superior they are, isn't it better to be able to point to a specific match and say "I got this one right " than just mysteriously have his vCash go up?? For all anyone knows he made a lucky long-shot bet on one of the NBA threads knowing nothing about basketball and got a big payout. Or there was a system glitch that caused him to suddenly have a surge in his vCash.

Just having a high vCash total is meaningless for bragging rights if you can't link people to a specific thread and say "See? I was one of the few to bet on ____ and got it right!"

If you make anonymous bets and win, all other people can see is that your vCash mysteriously went up for some reason. They don't know what you bet on. It might not even have been a boxing match. So in no way is it a guaranteed way to show off your boxing knowledge superiority.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #55
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
But it's the other way around. You're just looking at it from one angle.

If someone wants to "show off" how superior they are, isn't it better to be able to point to a specific match and say "I got this one right " than just mysteriously have his vCash go up?? For all anyone knows he made a lucky long-shot bet on one of the NBA threads knowing nothing about basketball and got a big payout. Or there was a system glitch that caused him to suddenly have a surge in his vCash.

Just having a high vCash total is meaningless for bragging rights if you can't link people to a specific thread and say "See? I was one of the few to bet on ____ and got it right!"

If you make anonymous bets and win, all other people can see is that your vCash mysteriously went up for some reason. They don't know what you bet on. It might not even have been a boxing match. So in no way is it a guaranteed way to show off your boxing knowledge superiority.
system glitches only prove that vBookie and its makers r shit , not that my arguments b4 were wrong . This was supposed 2b a boxing site , so at least betting on anything other than boxing do hurt its purity including betting but again , does not take much away from my arguments . Can any1 check retroactively another 1's betting record anyway ? besides of yourself and d mods and unless that 1 keeps a record . if u do take these betting and their implications on Ppl's credibility even partially seriously , u should have understood my arguments at least by now .
And i'm looking at it at more angles than u know , obviously .

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting