Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #16
oba carr
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

Half of the above mentioned trainers get fighters when they are already made and then just trim the edges of the already made fighter.
I'll name some good trainers from Victoria that actually create a fighter from scratch such as Kel Bryant, Brian Butler, Gerry Murphy and the list goes on.
Its easy to work with something when there's a base to work with that somebody else created.
oba carr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
nomas
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 116
vCash: 1000
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

I think your pretty much spot on Obar Carr..
nomas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

as usual. its queensland with the best....
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #19
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

Birchy goes alright, George Tannous used to train Sol Egberinme and did a pretty good job too.
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

how many trainers in oz have taken boxers from club fighters to world title holders?

name them. that will give you some idea of a shortlist.
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oba carr View Post
Half of the above mentioned trainers get fighters when they are already made and then just trim the edges of the already made fighter.
I'll name some good trainers from Victoria that actually create a fighter from scratch such as Kel Bryant, Brian Butler, Gerry Murphy and the list goes on.
Its easy to work with something when there's a base to work with that somebody else created.
George reno had the Kelly boys and Peter manitsis from scatch. Mark pitts had Arnel baritillo from his first amateur fight that's why I nominated those 2.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #22
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 1090
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
George reno had the Kelly boys and Peter manitsis from scatch. Mark pitts had Arnel baritillo from his first amateur fight that's why I nominated those 2.
Arnel deserves a mention i believe
raff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #23
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tha Toon
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

Noel Thornberry should get a mention here. Nobody runs a corner and thinks out strategies and progression like Lincoln Hudson either
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #24
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
Arnel deserves a mention i believe
Mate I had 8 fights under Arnel. Have seen him take blokes who have never looked inside a boxing gym to state amateur titles within 6 months. But has not taken a bloke from scatch to a pro title yet. just the right bloke hasn't walked into his gym and stuck it out I guess.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #25
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 1090
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Mate I had 8 fights under Arnel. Have seen him take blokes who have never looked inside a boxing gym to state amateur titles within 6 months. But has not taken a bloke from scatch to a pro title yet. just the right bloke hasn't walked into his gym and stuck it out I guess.
where was he training when you fought?? north sydney pcyc? i did a little trasining with him (no fightting just sparring) he taught me some insane fitness drills & always got fighters fit.
raff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #26
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Default Re: who is our best domestic trainer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
where was he training when you fought?? north sydney pcyc? i did a little trasining with him (no fightting just sparring) he taught me some insane fitness drills & always got fighters fit.
I trained with him at north Sydney mate he is a good bloke.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013