Danny Garcia T/KO 11 8.03%
Draw 1 0.73%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #76
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100
Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Danny Garcia Build-Up Thread! July 14th, Sky Sports, Las Vegas

I wonder if Peterson's titles will be put on the line for this, and the RING belt. That would leave Khan only one belt away from unifying 140, an impressive accomplishment.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #77
bigboxingfan
Hypejob
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Danny Garcia Build-Up Thread! July 14th, Sky Sports, Las Vegas

Stylistically it is a great fight for Khan. But knowing what the world knows about Khan, can Garcia change up a few things to make it uncomfortable?

Should be a comfortable win for Khan, but because of his flaws he could have a little bit of bother.
bigboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #78
abzmanc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bang View Post
An overweight black man sporting a hat
abzmanc is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #79
Big Bang
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Ha!!

I dont know if everyone has seen the videos of Garcia posted on the first page of him ripping it up in da club? His out of the ring persona reminds me of Salita before the Khan fight. Actually, I just had a flashback of Salita on his arse and I chuckled!
Big Bang is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #80
Del Boy's slap
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 277

Garcia will be stopped early.

I'll be surprised if we see a 5th round.
Del Boy's slap is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #81
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Ma Lopez View Post
Garcia will end Khan in less than 6 minutes! All it takes is one shot!
Dude, seriously, did Khan's dad break your family up by running away with your mommy? Every Khan thread, same tone!
chilli&lemon is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #82
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

TODAY'S BUILD-UP - 25/05/2012

VIDEOS:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGJlW-4KDX0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGJlW-4KDX0[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbtC1HZDsh4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbtC1HZDsh4[/ame]

Quote:
5 May 2012
WBA: Amir Khan likely to regain title with no-contest

Vice President reveals stance on test

World Boxing Association Vice President Gilberto Mendoza has exclusively told World Boxing News that Amir Khan will be given his old WBA light-welterweight title back if Lamont Peterson is found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs.

Mendoza also told WBN that he will push for the original bout in December to be ruled a no-contest after the American admitted injecting testosterone pellets in the build-up to the fight in Washington DC.

“We have sent a letter to Petersonīs party requesting information on the result. There is also a hearing to deal with on June 13 in Las Vegas,” Mendoza told World Boxing News.

“I canīt make further comments because we have not receive all the document disclosure. But If there are grounds for it, the rules are clear that a no-contest It is a possibility.

“If we have enough evidence to declare it, Amir Khan could definitely be reinstated as champion,” Mendoza added.

Khan, 25, is currently pencilled in to face WBC champion Danny Garcia on July 14th at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and could have his WBA belt returned to him in time to defend it against the unbeaten 24 year-old in Las Vegas.

Garcia may then be allowed to keep his green belt by the WBC for a unification with the Bolton fighter as mandatory challenger Ajose Olusegun puts pressure on the organisation strip the champion for avoiding a defence.
Credit to Phil D. Jay for the article.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #83
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

TODAY'S BUILD-UP - 28/05/2012

VIDEOS:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnNYyjTqEa8&[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBR0X_moyhA[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQZGfO2ba0Y[/ame]

ARTICLES:

Quote:
Khan’s American trainer Freddie Roach has made the cash offer as part of the British lightwelterweight’s training regime in Los Angeles.

Khan, who trains with boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao in the Wildcard gym, revealed: “Freddie says if anyone can knock down me or Manny they will get a thousand dollars - but it’s not happened yet!

“My sparring sessions are always full-on, you never take it easy on sparring partners.

“Sometimes my fight might be easier than my sparring sessions.

“We spar 10 rounds in total, with three sparring partners who come in fresh after three or four rounds.

“Me and Manny used to spar a lot together, but not now because we are at the same weight and there is always talk that we might fight each other one day.”

Olympic silver medallist Khan is in training for his WBC lightwelterweight clash with unbeaten American Danny Garcia on July 14.

Khan faces Garcia in Las Vegas after his rematch against Lamont Peterson for the WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles was cancelled after the American failed a drugs test.

Garcia, 24, boasts an unbeaten record in 23 fights including 14 knockouts.

But Khan insists he is in the best shape of his life.

“I don’t have any favourite conditioning exercises, it’s all hard,” added the Bolton boxer.

“I mean, you see yourself in the mirror 10 weeks away from a fight and there is no definition.

“But then you look at yourself after five weeks and see your body ripped and everything.

“A typical day for me in training camp would be waking up at 5am, having a protein shake and then hitting the gym.

“We might do 200 steps five or six times then finish up at 10am without having a break.

“Then we go to the pool and do a lot of interval swims or we go to the track and do sprints and other circuit training sessions.

“Then I’ll go back to my house in LA and rest for two or three hours, have my breakfast and then hit the gym at 1pm.

“I’m in the gym for about five hours sparring and doing padwork, hitting the bags, circuit training, skipping, warming up and warming down.

“It’s hard, you never have an easy day.

“Boxing is the toughest sport in the world and we always train hard day in and day out. We only have one day a week off, which is a Sunday.

“After training I normally have a massage, have some food and go back to bed because I have to be up early again.”
RingTV: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
RingTV.com caught up to Angel Garcia, the 49-year-old father and trainer of Danny Garcia, who will defend his WBC junior welterweight belt opposite former IBF and WBA beltholder Amir Khan at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas on July 14 on HBO.

In a clash that is being promoted by Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer and President Oscar De La Hoya, the pairing of Danny Garcia (23-0, 14 knockouts) and Khan (26-2, 18 KOs) was made after Khan's intended opponent, Lamont Peterson,, tested positive for a banned substance.

Peterson dethroned Khan as IBF and WBA beltholder via split-decision in December, but his positive test forced the cancelation of their rematch that was slated for May 19.

Angel Garcia dismisses the notion that his 24-year-old son is not ready for the more experienced Khan, a 25-year-old who is coached by five-time Trainer of the Year, Freddie Roach.

Angel Garcia is eager to match his son against Khan, whom he calls "over-rated," and his wits against Roach, who also works with WBO welterweight beltholder Manny Pacquiao, and WBC middleweight titleholder Julio Cesar Chavez.

In his last fight in March, Danny Garcia dropped four-division titlewinner Erik Morales in the 11th round on the way to taking his belt by unanimous decision.

It was the third straight triumph over a current or former world titleholder for Garcia, following consecutive decisions over ex-beltholders Nate Campbell and Kendall Holt in April and October, respectively.

A father of four, including a 26-year-old son and 11-year-old twin girls, Angel Garcia espoused Danny Garcia's resiliency, talent and progress as well as why their relationship works in this Q&A below.

RingTV.com: What are your general thoughts on Danny's opportunity against Khan?

Angel Garcia: I'm happy for Danny that he's getting this type of a shot, you know? He has been waiting for a shot like this for a long time, and he deserves it. With Khan, to me, he's an average fighter. He's just over-rated.That's the way that I look at him.

Danny's got a great opportunity because Khan has no chin. He's got a glass chin. When he got knocked out in Europe, he blamed it on his religion. But I think that any God is a good God, not a punishing God. So I don't know what sort of religion he believes in. You got knocked out, you just got knocked out. It's plain and simple.

I mean, to me, Peterson, you know, I thought he really beat Khan. But he blamed it on the judges. 'So what are you going to blame it on when Danny beats you? He's a basic European fighter and he's got no chin. Danny has got a great opportunity to beat him.

He can run but he can't hide. I think that he's going to run all night. I don't see nothing that Roach has done with him. Nothing that has changed. He slaps with his punches. Basically, he's an over-rated fighter to me. There are a lot of fighters out there who are over-rated."

RingTV.com: What are your thoughts regarding those who might say that Danny is not ready for his fourth straight former or current champion in a row in Khan?

AG: The thing is, half of the people who say that don't know anything about boxing. The thing is if you're putting a young guy like Danny against an older horse, you're seeing a helluva fighter in Danny.

When you put him with competition that really means something, and he's got the opportunity to prove that he's a real fighter, people start thinking that he doesn't have a chance?

Well, Khan is nobody. As I have said, he's an over-rated fighter. To me, the most dangerous fighter was the kid from Newark, N.J., Kendall Holt. That was a very dangerous fighter. Kendall Holt was a helluva puncher.

RingTV.com: Have you seen anything in Danny that has surprised you over the course of his more recent performances in his fights that has surprised you?

AG: That's the thing. Danny was meant to be a fighter. People are blind to his abilities. Danny's a natural fighter. He's a gifted fighter. You've got fighters who become fighters and then you have fighters who are gifted.

Danny's gifted. Danny's been given that gift. Danny don't know how to do nothing else but fight. He don't even know how to fold his old clothes. I'm telling you. Danny don't know how to do nothing but fight.

That's what he does. That's what God gave him. People are blind to him. They go by his youth. They say that he's young. They under-estimate him. They're not trying to give him the props that he deserves.

A lot of people under-estimate Danny, so they're in for a shock. Danny's like Floyd Mayweeather -- he's going to always be the kind of fighter that people hate. When he wins, though, they will love him.

RingTv.com: Why do you say that they will hate Danny?

AG: Because he's the kind of fighter that is under-estimated and they think that he's a nobody and they say that he just got lucky. But he didn't just get lucky. He's meant to be where he is. How can he be young when he's 24 years old.

That's his prime. That's when you begin to become a man. You know, the younger, the better. Every day that goes by, you're getting older. Why not do it when you're young? Why do things when you're 39?

RingTV.com: How is your father-son relationship different than those between trainer and son in boxing that have soured or failed and why does your relationship work?

AG: The thing about me and Danny is that I love Danny and he loves me. That's the most important thing in a relationship between a father and his son. It's love.

You've got to truly love them. There's no money issues. I don't look for his money. I don't want Danny's money. Whatever he gives me, I'm happy with it.

And if he don't give it to me, then it doesn't matter. I just want him to be happy. I want him to be happy and I want his children to be happy if he has children in the future.

RingTV.com: Do you have a prediction?

AG: All of a sudden, here comes Danny out of the dark shadows. That's God working in mysterious ways. That's why I feel that Danny has a great chance. This is meant to be.

This is not something that was set up. It just came out of the blue. It's something that we don't understand. When something like this happens all of a sudden.

It's beyond us, so that's why I believe that it's meant to be. So if Danny takes advantage of this opportunity and does his thing on July 14, then Amir Khan will be looking up at the lights upside down.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #84
Big Bang
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Laz, if you were in the clubs, and Khan walked in with his hot girl , would you

A) wait until khan made his way to the bar before making a pass?

B) hold a pint whilst flexing your biceps in the hope of eye contact?

C) Tie your Cardie around your waist and touch yourself on the sly?
Big Bang is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #85
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Amir Watch from Saturday night has actually got me really pumped for this!
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #86
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Amir Khan actually talked a lot of sense and came across well on Saturday
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #87
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

That iFilm interview is hilarious.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #88
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Amir Watch from Saturday night has actually got me really pumped for this!
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #89
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

RingTV.com: What are your general thoughts on Danny's opportunity against Khan?

Angel Garcia: I'm happy for Danny that he's getting this type of a shot, you know? He has been waiting for a shot like this for a long time, and he deserves it. With Khan, to me, he's an average fighter. He's just over-rated.That's the way that I look at him.

Danny's got a great opportunity because Khan has no chin. He's got a glass chin. When he got knocked out in Europe, he blamed it on his religion. But I think that any God is a good God, not a punishing God. So I don't know what sort of religion he believes in. You got knocked out, you just got knocked out. It's plain and simple.

I mean, to me, Peterson, you know, I thought he really beat Khan. But he blamed it on the judges. 'So what are you going to blame it on when Danny beats you? He's a basic European fighter and he's got no chin. Danny has got a great opportunity to beat him.

He can run but he can't hide. I think that he's going to run all night. I don't see nothing that Roach has done with him. Nothing that has changed. He slaps with his punches. Basically, he's an over-rated fighter to me. There are a lot of fighters out there who are over-rated."

damm there gonna be some shit talking before this one
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #90
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dnno why @DannySwift dad bringing religion into it, and I'm glad he's talking shit and saying Khan is overrated cause when Amir knocks his son spark out he better show some respect! These guys beat up morales who keeps refusing to fight Amir and now they think they are superstars, they want to do what amir has already done, I can't wait, jus showd how unreasonable they were from the first figure they askd for lol maybe they know its too soon.

@saj23x
chilli&lemon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum