Old 05-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #7216
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Yeah Im with Ippy, I'll accept winning by 2 pts.

****off NSW with your 2 tries from contested bombs

Uate is dodgey under the highball and a bad reader in defence
Is he a Kumul? Oh well we win it from 1-0 down.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 05:29 AM   #7217
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Any talk of Meninga being the greatest origin coach should is way over the top.
this is the greatest ever origin side, and they've been able to win many series despite not reaching top gear. It's scary to think what Bennett could do with this Queensland team.

For what he has been dealt, I reckon Stuart has given it a decent fist.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #7218
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Rubbish. He has moped around all year. Comparing his week to week form with thurston is ridiculous....JT has probably had three quiet games in the last five years. Its his best asset for mine....he backs up week in week out, rep games..the lot. And plays tough every week. Hayne played tough and hard last night....cant remember the last time he played as hard as he did last night. Been a while.
You are right out of the 11 rounds he has played 8 games and 5 at far less than 90%. His last few games have been good.

JT is up and down as well mate. Not to mention how many things he gets away with. Outright abusing refs is a suspendable offence, but cos it was two weeks from Origin was fine. Hayne gets away with things as well... As far as it goes those pair are probably on par for a lot of things... Cept Hayne has alot more talent... Thursto has the drive.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #7219
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
You are right out of the 11 rounds he has played 8 games and 5 at far less than 90%. His last few games have been good.

JT is up and down as well mate. Not to mention how many things he gets away with. Outright abusing refs is a suspendable offence, but cos it was two weeks from Origin was fine. Hayne gets away with things as well... As far as it goes those pair are probably on par for a lot of things... Cept Hayne has alot more talent... Thursto has the drive.
It shits me how theres certain protected species in the game. I like hayne too, but his non suspension for that head but leading up to the 09 grand final was appaling, and so was Gallen's non suspension for kneeing David Taylor.

Thurston kicked Wolf man in the head and didnt even get suspended. I can remember years ago when Langer spear tackled someone and because it was just before origin he got let off.

while there are a lot of silly conspiracy theories in the sport, there is a clear double standards when it comes to certain players facing suspension.

Thats me done. I'm off to get plastered. Cya's all tomorrow.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #7220
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
It shits me how theres certain protected species in the game. I like hayne too, but his non suspension for that head but leading up to the 09 grand final was appaling, and so was Gallen's non suspension for kneeing David Taylor.

Thurston kicked Wolf man in the head and didnt even get suspended. I can remember years ago when Langer spear tackled someone and because it was just before origin he got let off.

while there are a lot of silly conspiracy theories in the sport, there is a clear double standards when it comes to certain players facing suspension.

Thats me done. I'm off to get plastered. Cya's all tomorrow.
That's it. Call a spade a spade. Fanboys can't grasp the fact that alot of their favourite players are cunts and protected.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #7221
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

Repost.

BORKED
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #7222
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Rubbish. He has moped around all year. Comparing his week to week form with thurston is ridiculous....JT has probably had three quiet games in the last five years. Its his best asset for mine....he backs up week in week out, rep games..the lot. And plays tough every week. Hayne played tough and hard last night....cant remember the last time he played as hard as he did last night. Been a while.
It's been a while because he has played most of the NRL games this season with a injured leg.

Hayne carrys the Eels.

Thurston had a very average season in 2010 which is why Prince dusted him for the Halfback Dally M.
teke is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #7223
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Is he a Kumul? Oh well we win it from 1-0 down.
Qld will win 3 nil.

Kumuls greater than Fiji.

Last edited by teke; 05-24-2012 at 02:33 PM.
teke is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #7224
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

I think the Rabbits are going to tee off bigtime on the Raiders this weekend.

I think they could push through the 40s mark.

$20 Multi - Manly 13 plus, Rabbits 13 plus, Titans win, Dogs win is what Im looking at.
teke is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #7225
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

the hayne critics are out of line this year. hes been the shining light in a woefully underperforming team.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #7226
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
the hayne critics are out of line this year. hes been the shining light in a woefully underperforming team.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #7227
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:

I think he has been decent given what he has around him, People expect him and teh likes of Benji etc to create miracles everytime they touch the ball, so when they don't they seem to think they aren't playing well.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #7228
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
I think he has been decent given what he has around him, People expect him and teh likes of Benji etc to create miracles everytime they touch the ball, so when they don't they seem to think they aren't playing well.
exactly. its like if they dont have a blinder or they make two mistakes then theyve played shithouse. theres no in between anymore.
what people seem to forget about hayne is that hes now the most marked player in the nrl. that jordanesque season he had two years ago was probably the worst thing he could have done for himself.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #7229
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
exactly. its like if they dont have a blinder or they make two mistakes then theyve played shithouse. theres no in between anymore.
what people seem to forget about hayne is that hes now the most marked player in the nrl. that jordanesque season he had two years ago was probably the worst thing he could have done for himself.
I think you are exagerating with hayne. By and large his form for parra has been down.

As for being heavily marked now compared to two years ago...lol, thats footy. JT is marked a lot heavier than hayne, he deals with it and 99% of the time he comes out way on top.

Not saying parra struggling doesnt effect haynes game, thats a no brainer. But if you can show one nrl game this year where hayne ran like he did the other night ( with that speed and aggression)...id like to have a look.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #7230
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
I think you are exagerating with hayne. By and large his form for parra has been down.

As for being heavily marked now compared to two years ago...lol, thats footy. JT is marked a lot heavier than hayne, he deals with it and 99% of the time he comes out way on top.

Not saying parra struggling doesnt effect haynes game, thats a no brainer. But if you can show one nrl game this year where hayne ran like he did the other night ( with that speed and aggression)...id like to have a look.
i cant go through every game play by play but lets just look at the sheer numbers.
theres at least 272 players in the nrl. hayne is ranked 15th for line breaks and 14th for try assists. ordinarily theyd be pretty good numbers but when you consider that hes in a team that couldnt pay for points and have been getting absolutely flogged. mate do the math. theyre pretty telling stats on how "down" his form is.
hes having a season most players would be stoked with but because his name is jarryd hayne hes "playing shit"

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum