Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Joel Diaz- Comments regarding the Pacquiao fight/training (during media day)

Said 140 was a lil tough to make, right now Bradley's floating at about 150ish and can easily make 147 and can maintain the speed that he had at 140. Also noted that Marquez gave them the blueprint and they were going to follow it and win the decision (toldja)

Bradley: I'm definitely stronger at 147, I can take a stronger punch at 147. (below is a paraphrase of additional quotes from Tim)

Also said he will adjust depending on what Pacquiao does, thinks Pacquiao will come out fast. Plans to bob and weave. Said he's ready to go but hasn't peaked early. Says he isn't paying attention to records (Pac's losses/draw), references Giants winning the superbowl. Bradley thinks Peterson/Berto controversy might bring more or might shy fighters away from testing. He's aware of his big head, mentions it being on side of the bus .

Source: Vids from the scene. media day
megavolt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Joel Diaz- Comments regarding the Pacquiao fight/training (during media day)

I dont think Bradley will follow the 'marquez blueprint' . He'll do what what he's used to doing and that's coming forward, using pressure. If he tries to box and move he'll just lose a wide UD. He has to take chances and he's acknowledged that. Hopefully he doesnt pull a mosley and start running once he gets hit.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Default Re: Joel Diaz- Comments regarding the Pacquiao fight/training (during media day)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgCIN-3TZA[/ame]

one thing i'm concerned with is the tendency for Bradley to get reckless with his combos like at 1:47 in the vid against Alexander
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #4
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

He won't win a decision. He can knock Manny down 3 times in 12 rounds. You guys really don't see how Arum has hands involved in all this do you...
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 04:45 AM   #5
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
I dont think Bradley will follow the 'marquez blueprint' . He'll do what what he's used to doing and that's coming forward, using pressure. If he tries to box and move he'll just lose a wide UD. He has to take chances and he's acknowledged that. Hopefully he doesnt pull a mosley and start running once he gets hit.
For large portions of the fight (especially early on), I think he'll be doing the complete opposite. Roach and Pac are making a huge mistake if they think Bradley's gonna' be coming forward all night.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #6
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
For large portions of the fight (especially early on), I think he'll be doing the complete opposite. Roach and Pac are making a huge mistake if they think Bradley's gonna' be coming forward all night.
I definitely think they're going to try and use both. Footage shows that Bradley isn't afraid to come forward and dig at the body on the inside, but they also seem to be working on boxing laterally and counter-punching. The way Tim's training is making this very interesting, even though I've always favored Pac.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #7
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I definitely think they're going to try and use both. Footage shows that Bradley isn't afraid to come forward and dig at the body on the inside, but they also seem to be working on boxing laterally and counter-punching. The way Tim's training is making this very interesting, even though I've always favored Pac.
canucks9314 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum