Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Jimmy McLarnin KO 3 Al Singer

This is an interesting and pretty exciting fight......the action is quite good, and it's always cool to see such historically great fighters going at it. Singer was certainly very good, and we all know of McLarnin. His power was something else, I like how he comes forward with that left hand down, sort of daring the other guy to open up so that he can unload.

Anyway, catch the KO sequence in this one, it's sort of odd. Singer goes down violently from a smashing right, and flails with his legs as he lies there on his face. McLarnin thinks the thing is over, so he does a full somersault in the ring, only to find the referee hasn't waved it off and Singer is now standing in front of him.

Kind of a concerning moment after that when Singer, without any blow being landed, clutches at the back of his head and seems distracted as McLarnin unloads and finishes him off. Singer clutches the back of his head the whole time as he is counted out. I dunno, if I'm the referee I stop it the instant he grabs the back of his head and recoils like that. That could have ended badly.

But.......have a gander and see what you think.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMDBq20Ob2I&feature=related[/ame]
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jimmy McLarnin KO 3 Al Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan View Post
This is an interesting and pretty exciting fight......the action is quite good, and it's always cool to see such historically great fighters going at it. Singer was certainly very good, and we all know of McLarnin. His power was something else, I like how he comes forward with that left hand down, sort of daring the other guy to open up so that he can unload.

Anyway, catch the KO sequence in this one, it's sort of odd. Singer goes down violently from a smashing right, and flails with his legs as he lies there on his face. McLarnin thinks the thing is over, so he does a full somersault in the ring, only to find the referee hasn't waved it off and Singer is now standing in front of him.

Kind of a concerning moment after that when Singer, without any blow being landed, clutches at the back of his head and seems distracted as McLarnin unloads and finishes him off. Singer clutches the back of his head the whole time as he is counted out. I dunno, if I'm the referee I stop it the instant he grabs the back of his head and recoils like that. That could have ended badly.

But.......have a gander and see what you think.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Today Jimmy McLarnin is sadly forgotten, but at his best would give any WW in history a hell of a fight...A wily fighter with a great right hand was ole Jimmy...
burt bienstock is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum