Old 05-24-2012, 03:45 AM   #78
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: TMZ Reporting Jon Jones Arrested For DUI

UFC champ Jon Jones apologizes, calls critics 'sickening'
by Sergio Non/USA TODAY on May 23, 2012 at 3:55 pm ET
UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones feels apologetic but also victimized in the wake of his legal troubles.

Jones, who was charged with driving while intoxicated this past weekend, on Monday posted a statement on Facebook that combined apologies, gratitude for supporters in his home region of central New York, and disbelief at others' reaction to the news.

In breaking his silence since the incident on Saturday, the UFC's 205-pound titleholder wrote:

"Man I haven't added anyone new to my Facebook page in like three years and right now I'm so glad that I haven't. It has literally been sickening to have so many people try to kick me while I'm down. At the same time, I totally understand, I gave them the leeway to. I screwed up, big time. Just needed to say thank you to all you guys for being amazing friends/supporters.

"Always having to deal with so many critics, haters and fickle mma fans, I almost forgot how strong of a home base I had (607 and people that knew me before I was a champion fighter). Although the hell that will come with this hasn't even started yet, I want you guys to know how much better you've all made me feel, not only about this situation but about life, everything. It's good to feel that people are there and care. With that being said, I felt I should apologize to you first.

"I'm truly sorry to those of you that I may have embarrassed in any way, to those of you with kids that I may have let down. I will prove to them as well as to myself, that no matter what is happening in life, we can always work our way back and make things even better than before. Reading you guys uplifting comments was a great reminder for me to not give up on who I am or all the hateful people. I'm not gonna allow this situation to outweigh the positive. I love you guys right back and I promise to make things right. PS sorry about the terrible grammar "
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #79
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones feels apologetic but also victimized in the wake of his legal troubles.

Jones, who was charged with driving while intoxicated this past weekend, on Monday posted a statement on Facebook that combined apologies, gratitude for supporters in his home region of central New York, and disbelief at others' reaction to the news.

In breaking his silence since the incident on Saturday, the UFC's 205-pound titleholder wrote:

"Man I haven't added anyone new to my Facebook page in like three years and right now I'm so glad that I haven't. It has literally been sickening to have so many people try to kick me while I'm down. At the same time, I totally understand, I gave them the leeway to. I screwed up, big time. Just needed to say thank you to all you guys for being amazing friends/supporters.

"Always having to deal with so many critics, haters and fickle mma fans, I almost forgot how strong of a home base I had (607 and people that knew me before I was a champion fighter). Although the hell that will come with this hasn't even started yet, I want you guys to know how much better you've all made me feel, not only about this situation but about life, everything. It's good to feel that people are there and care. With that being said, I felt I should apologize to you first.

"I'm truly sorry to those of you that I may have embarrassed in any way, to those of you with kids that I may have let down. I will prove to them as well as to myself, that no matter what is happening in life, we can always work our way back and make things even better than before. Reading you guys uplifting comments was a great reminder for me to not give up on who I am or all the hateful people. I'm not gonna allow this situation to outweigh the positive. I love you guys right back and I promise to make things right. PS sorry about the terrible grammar "
Very good statement by Jones. It is understandable why people kick these guys while there down, even he said so himself, but people should be a little more understanding/ compassionate IMO. I've never drove drunk personally, but know tons of people that have (even in my family unfortunately). If you haven't did it, I bet a family member of yours did it, somebody you couldnt' get the keys from soembody to drive them and they drove themselves, somebody you knew was drunk but it was to inconvient to you to drive them, etc.
Being drunk... Your not in your right state of mind. People always say "I'm OKAY!"... cuz they think they are. Guy made a mistake, he's went through/ is going through plenty, people should lighten up on the guy a bit.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #80
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
Very good statement by Jones. It is understandable why people kick these guys while there down, even he said so himself, but people should be a little more understanding/ compassionate IMO. I've never drove drunk personally, but know tons of people that have (even in my family unfortunately). If you haven't did it, I bet a family member of yours did it, somebody you couldnt' get the keys from soembody to drive them and they drove themselves, somebody you knew was drunk but it was to inconvient to you to drive them, etc.
Being drunk... Your not in your right state of mind. People always say "I'm OKAY!"... cuz they think they are. Guy made a mistake, he's went through/ is going through plenty, people should lighten up on the guy a bit.
If it was anyone else no one would have given a shit. Jones puts up a pretence that he's holier than thou. He needs to be man enough to deal with the flack. Simple.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #81
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Okay so he's an jerk lol, most people on here are too as well as the world. Guy is human and especially young so of course he makes mistakes but I have a problem with him trying to have a squeaky image which was obviously fake. I still like watching the guy as a fighter and this takes noting away from what he's done in the octagon. All those quick to criticizing him are mainly hypocrites themselves. None of us are 100% pure and instead of jumping at the chance to criticize others we need to better ourselves. Look in the mirror and fix our own faults. Sucks that bad news gets spread out much faster than good in a society full of people with many faults of their own, irony.

Still, Jones. I know you're not suppose to be a role model you're a fighter but you put much of this criticism from people on yourself. You're a champ, what the hell are you doing man. Good to hear you're okay but get your life together for the better of not just you but the people around you that care.
techks is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #82
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

Quote:

F*ck him
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #83
CameronC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Jones just pled guilty on the DUI charge

Props to him, he is owning it and not trying to skirt his obligations
CameronC is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #84
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronC View Post
Jones just pled guilty on the DUI charge

Props to him, he is owning it and not trying to skirt his obligations
Yeah, it's not like they found him with his Bentley wrapped around a pole or anything...real honest...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #85
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Yeah, it's not like they found him with his Bentley wrapped around a pole or anything...real honest...
Beat me to it!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #86
StreetsofRAGE
Ballin
ESB Addict

vCash: 212

Jones is a beast... needs to stop ****in around like that.
StreetsofRAGE is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 12:27 AM   #87
marielB

vCash: 500

As Memorial Day weekend approaches, law enforcement is gearing up for its yearly crackdown on impaired drivers. It’s an old warning, but one that bears constant repeating: If you drink, don’t get behind the wheel. One man just got nearly a half-century behind bars for not heeding such warnings. The same is true across the nation. Lowering gas prices means drivers will be thick on the road this year. All over the nation, law enforcement is planning for an increased presence and more sobriety checkpoints to crackdown on seat belt law violators and DUIs. Despite ever-increasing penalties and deterrents, some people will never get the message.
marielB is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #88
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
"Man I haven't added anyone new to my Facebook page in like three years and right now I'm so glad that I haven't. It has literally been sickening to have so many people try to kick me while I'm down.

"Always having to deal with so many critics, haters and fickle mma fans, I almost forgot how strong of a home base I had"

*According to police reports obtained by WBNG of Binghamton, New York, UFC Light-Heavyweight Champion Jon “Bones” Jones had two female passengers who were injured when he crashed his Bentley into a telephone pole before being arrested for DWI in Binghamton

*(Johnson) suffered a bloody nose, bruises and shoulder pain. Vojtisek sustained bruising and cuts to her face. Both were transported to Wilson Hospital for their injuries.

- Jones had "slurred speech and glassy bloodshot eyes," smelled of alcohol and was unsteady on his feet when asked to step out of his vehicle. The arresting officer wrote: "There were no skids marks at the scene. It appeared as though Jones was attempting a turn north onto Helen [Street] and miscalculated his turn."

*"[Jones] politely refused multiple requests to take sobriety and breathalyzer tests at the scene and after he was arrested and taken into custody.

This was not Jones' first run-in with the law when it comes to driving.
*(Jones was disqualified) in 2011 for driving with a suspended license in the same Bentley (and cited for loss of traction).

*Jones was cited for "unsafe passing" in the January 2009 collision with his fiancée and newborn daughter in the car with him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

+

=
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #89
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Jon BONE-HEAD Jones.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #90
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
*According to police reports obtained by WBNG of Binghamton, New York, UFC Light-Heavyweight Champion Jon “Bones” Jones had two female passengers who were injured when he crashed his Bentley into a telephone pole before being arrested for DWI in Binghamton

*(Johnson) suffered a bloody nose, bruises and shoulder pain. Vojtisek sustained bruising and cuts to her face. Both were transported to Wilson Hospital for their injuries.

- Jones had "slurred speech and glassy bloodshot eyes," smelled of alcohol and was unsteady on his feet when asked to step out of his vehicle. The arresting officer wrote: "There were no skids marks at the scene. It appeared as though Jones was attempting a turn north onto Helen [Street] and miscalculated his turn."

*"[Jones] politely refused multiple requests to take sobriety and breathalyzer tests at the scene and after he was arrested and taken into custody.

This was not Jones' first run-in with the law when it comes to driving.
*(Jones was disqualified) in 2011 for driving with a suspended license in the same Bentley (and cited for loss of traction).

*Jones was cited for "unsafe passing" in the January 2009 collision with his fiancée and newborn daughter in the car with him.

+

=
Strong home base my ass. ****ing fag. We've all been young and drunk once. Difference is i didn't have a Bentley to total when i did it. **** Bones. Pretentious c*nt.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum