Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who'd you like to see Bellew fight next?

Team Cleverly (basically ****** and Vince) made the fight because Bellew is quite a good talker and has had grief doing the weight before - at the time it seemed like a now or never opportunity.

The fight was bound to sell more tickets in Liverpool than anywhere in Wales, so that's where it went.

As for Clev beating him.... behave.

I don't doubt that Cleverly wants to get out with his health intact and all credit to him for that, but I don't think he's in any rush to fight genuine top 5 fighters within the division. I mean.... there wasn't a Bellew rematch, was there?

We got Tommy whatshisname, when Tommy Lee Jones would have been a better opponent, then that other bum who ended up getting cancelled.

He's definitely got the potential to be a ****ing good champion, rather than just a decent/middling Allegedly champion. Sack daddy and get a proper trainer in there. He's got the engine, the chin and is skilled - where he's seriously lacking is the knowhow to piece it all together, and add a bit of footwork and defence to his game.

Get that right and you've a serious proposition. If he doesn't, he's going to be on a countdown to a highlight reel KO until it either happens or he retires.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
Team Cleverly (basically ****** and Vince) made the fight because Bellew is quite a good talker and has had grief doing the weight before - at the time it seemed like a now or never opportunity.

The fight was bound to sell more tickets in Liverpool than anywhere in Wales, so that's where it went.

As for Clev beating him.... behave.

I don't doubt that Cleverly wants to get out with his health intact and all credit to him for that, but I don't think he's in any rush to fight genuine top 5 fighters within the division. I mean.... there wasn't a Bellew rematch, was there?

We got Tommy whatshisname, when Tommy Lee Jones would have been a better opponent, then that other bum who ended up getting cancelled.

He's definitely got the potential to be a ****ing good champion, rather than just a decent/middling Allegedly champion. Sack daddy and get a proper trainer in there. He's got the engine, the chin and is skilled - where he's seriously lacking is the knowhow to piece it all together, and add a bit of footwork and defence to his game.

Get that right and you've a serious proposition. If he doesn't, he's going to be on a countdown to a highlight reel KO until it either happens or he retires.
Who cares why the fight was in Liverpool, fact is Clev agreed to it and had no problem fighting Bellew in his hometown. You need to take Bellews **** out of your arse mate. Still going on about how Bellew won the fight
lirva is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Anyone would think that fighting in front a few Scousers (which is hardly a mammoth journey from Wales in itself) was akin to fighting in Baghdad or Kabul FFS.

He'll have had two ''projected purses'' on his deal for the fight, clearly the greater of the two was to ''travel'' to the Lion's Den.

I do think Bellew won, nothing will make me change my mind... I'm hardly banging on about it. You're the one who's always saying that Clev won 8-4 or ''fair and square'', when he blatantly didn't.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #19
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Any of the names mentioned will do, I just wanna be active.. Hence why I'm in this position I'm in! All I'll say is I'm a strong individual who will fight for what I believe in! I'll be back sooner than people think

Big shout to the ESB massive
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #20
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Shuemnov would be ideal. The guy likes to trade, he's very hittable. He doesn't know what a jab is, either. If Tony used his jab to its full capability and picked his spots to mix it up he could do what Campillo did and give the guy a hiding.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #21
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
I'll be back sooner than people think
Great news
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #22
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Glen Johnson is perfect.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #23
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
Glen Johnson is perfect.
How? Pretty hard to look good against.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #24
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
And he's a footballer. Sure Bellew wouldn't mind knocking seven shades of shit out of a red though.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #25
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
The win matters more than the performance.

It'd get his name out there outside of Britain and consolidate him as fringe world class.

Let's be honest, he is gonna be with M'room soon enough, so a win against a credible world level operator would open doors.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #26
btahthezone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The reason for the re-match is because it was such a good fight last time and could of gone either way we all know that and it was close so a re-match should happen. Bellew is more appealling to me as i think he has the edge of Cleverly. Just my opinion.

I like the passion Bellew has and how he shows he wants it so badly while Cleverly and his team are happy fighting bums which is a disgrace. To be the best you got to beat the best. Erick Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Manny Pacquaio, and the rest all lost fights but are not afraid of anyone they will fight ANYONE and thats why they are the best and will go down as greats
btahthezone is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #27
BigDave
Journeyman

vCash: 707

Can't always get my head around boxing politics, Bombers calling out for a re-match, falls out with cod-face at the same time Clever-at-maths decides he wants it to happen. Glen Johnston would be a step right back at this stage imo.

TB, i've heard Cahill has less pop than an evian convention, true?
BigDave is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #28
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
Can't always get my head around boxing politics, Bombers calling out for a re-match, falls out with cod-face at the same time Clever-at-maths decides he wants it to happen. Glen Johnston would be a step right back at this stage imo.

TB, i've heard Cahill has less pop than an evian convention, true?
A step back? Don't be daft.

Bellew is leaving ******. He will end up with Hearn. ****** would rather cut his own balls off than arrange a rematch.

Bellew needs to start again and Johnson would catapult him into the mix for the other belts.

Forget the WBO.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #29
BigDave
Journeyman

vCash: 707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
A step back? Don't be daft.

Bellew is leaving ******. He will end up with Hearn. ****** would rather cut his own balls off than arrange a rematch.

Bellew needs to start again and Johnson would catapult him into the mix for the other belts.

Forget the WBO.

Sorry mate, it was a reference to Glen Johnston, the lads posting above were making jokes as Glen Johnson is a footballer also ( a right back). Now i feel a dick for explaining a shitty joke that was poorly timed

I agree, its just tough that Bellew needs to find a starting point to grow from again, he sounds like he is keeping in top shape so hopefully it begins sooner rather that later.
BigDave is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #30
RedDragonBoxing
Ametuer Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 902

Eduard Gutknecht or Beibut Shumenov

Too soon for a Clevers rematch, thats gonna need a little more attention before they meet again

Gutknecht - Shumenov - Sukhotsky - Cleverly
RedDragonBoxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum