Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-26-2012, 03:47 AM   #61
smitty78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who are your top 20 latino fighters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
So a guy like Valdez should be considered what ? I mean, he is from african ancestry.....

Nah, I donīt think so.....I just asked because I didnīt understand too well since LA is totally diverse in terms of "race"...
Do you consider Pele and most of the Brazialians that are good at shit Latinos? Well they are of African ancestry.
smitty78 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 03:55 AM   #62
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher3 View Post
cool, i live to learn
Iīm not an expert lol.....but Iīm pretty sure about what I said here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty78 View Post
Do you consider Pele and most of the Brazialians that are good at shit Latinos? Well they are of African ancestry.
Well, so what ? He considers himself a brazilian above all, therefore a latino.....nobody was even talking about ancestry until you mention that about Pep and Marciano.....

Know why ? Because ancestry is the last thing we give importance here in Latin America....nationality is above all !

Jofre never will be referred as a french-brazilian, Rivellino will never be referred as an italian-brazilian, you donīt hear about these "classifications" here.....
Thatīs the way we are....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #63
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120

Quote:
nah, all euro languages are from latin.
wrong , German , Hungarian/Finish , d Slavic languages and a few more r not from Latin . It seems this way 4u because English has similarities 2 both Latin and German so u think that they r all edges of d Latin scale which is wrong . English is partly Latin and partly German .

Quote:
i would have thought has something to do with the fact some of the countries are in north america so saying south wouldn't be accurate, so the name latin america came about because there was no word to describe the grouping of countries with the similar racial makeup.
but you from there so i aint telling i am logical guessing
Racially , Latin is from Latium which is in Italy , d origin of d city of Rome and d Roman empire , i.e , strictly speaking , even not all of d Italians r purely Latins .
Actually , probably there aren't pure Latins anymore .
D origin of d Spanish and Portuguese is a mixture of : Latins (Roman/Italian) , Germans (Tribes which invaded d Roman Empire) and Arabs (Who ruled d Iberian peninsula during hundreds of years and later just parts of it until 1492 and even invaded southern France) .
I assume there may b a yet more ancient element of earlier natives of d Iberian peninsula , but its part is quite small compared 2d 3 i mentioned .
D origin of d French is similar 2d Spanish and Portuguese except d Arab element in is much smaller and d native (Gaelic/Celtic) element much bigger .
Italians similar 2d already mentioned with a yet weaker German influence and a bigger gypsie and other Mediteranean elements , depending on d part of Italy at stake .
Romanians have d greatest gypsie influence and only little from each of d rest (Slavic , Latin , German , Turkish and Hungarian) .
Central and Southern Americans , but not in every country there have a strong Indigenous element in them , which is Mongolian in its origin in addition 2 their Spanish/Portuguese roots . Sometimes a strong 2 very strong African influence as well , especially in d Caribeans , northern south America and parts of Brazil .

Hope it clears d mess .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 04:27 AM   #64
smitty78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Iīm not an expert lol.....but Iīm pretty sure about what I said here....

Well, so what ? He considers himself a brazilian above all, therefore a latino.....nobody was even talking about ancestry until you mention that about Pep and Marciano.....

Know why ? Because ancestry is the last thing we give importance here in Latin America....nationality is above all !

Jofre never will be referred as a french-brazilian, Rivellino will never be referred as an italian-brazilian, you donīt hear about these "classifications" here.....
Thatīs the way we are....

Jofre was a French man. **** me you learn something new every day.

And you brought up the African ancestry part not me. Like it or not people like Marciano, de la Hoya, Trinidad and Fenech are Latino fighters. You could even make a case for Jack Dempsey being Latino as he has native Indian blood like the aztecs.
smitty78 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 04:32 AM   #65
smitty78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
wrong , German , Hungarian/Finish , d Slavic languages and a few more r not from Latin . It seems this way 4u because English has similarities 2 both Latin and German so u think that they r all edges of d Latin scale which is wrong . English is partly Latin and partly German .

Racially , Latin is from Latium which is in Italy , d origin of d city of Rome and d Roman empire , i.e , strictly speaking , even not all of d Italians r purely Latins .
D origin of d Spanish and Portuguese is a mixture of : Latins (Roman/Italian) , Germans (Tribes which invaded d Roman Empire) and Arabs (Who ruled d Iberian peninsula during hundreds of years and later just parts of it until 1492 and even invaded southern France) .
I assume there may b a yet more ancient element of earlier natives of d Iberian peninsula , but its part is quite small compared 2d 3 i mentioned .
D origin of d French is similar 2d Spanish and Portuguese except d Arab element in is much smaller and d native (Gaelic/Celtic) element much bigger .
Italians similar 2d already mentioned with a yet weaker German influence and a bigger gypsie and other Mediteranean elements , depending on d part of Italy at stake .
Romanians have d greatest gypsie influence and only little from each of d rest (Slavic , Latin , German , Turkish and Hungarian) .
Central and Southern Americans , but not in every country there have a strong Indigenous element in them , which is Mongolian in its origin in addition 2 their Spanish/Portuguese roots . Sometimes a strong 2 very strong African influence as well , especially in d Caribeans , northern south America and parts of Brazil .

Hope it clears d mess .
Clears the mess?

Mate, you made it a whole lot more confusing. I know nothing about all that shit but why would anyone believe you when all you do on here is troll and talk shit?
smitty78 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #66
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Jofre was a French man. **** me you learn something new every day.
No, he wasnīt a French man.....he was a Brazilian man.
Things like ancestry about brazilians are so unimportant for us that you probably will never find this info about Jofre in any place.....I know because it was said in an interview a while ago, never heard before and after.....

And this is not all, Jofreīs father was born in Argentina (donīt tell this to the argies )
Old 05-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #67
kingfisher3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

no all of that rings/is true. it doesn't answer the reason for/ evolution of the name latin america tho. but that is irrelevant to boxing, national geographic will tell me one day.
kingfisher3 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 04:41 AM   #68
smitty78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
No, he wasnīt a French man.....he was a Brazilian man.
Things like ancestry about brazilians are so unimportant for us that you probably will never find this info about Jofre in any place.....I know because it was said in an interview a while ago, never heard before and after.....

And this is not all, Jofreīs father was born in Argentina (donīt tell this to the argies )
Is your name Jofre? Says so in your username along with your nationality. You must be very proud to state your natio in your username. Are you a relative of Eder?
smitty78 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #69
robert ungurean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post

Hope it clears d mess .
I dont know what you mean comparing Italians and Romanians to gypsies.
Gypsies are desendants of asian indians.
robert ungurean is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #70
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Is your name Jofre? Says so in your username along with your nationality. You must be very proud to state your natio in your username. Are you a relative of Eder?
No, no...I just used Jofre as username because was the first name I tought at the time I made my profile
Old 05-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #71
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

I can't speak for any other part but Mexico is obsessed with ancestry and whether our not you look like you have more Indian 'blood' our European is an issue.
LittleRed is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum