Velasquez 18 22.22%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #16
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: JDS v Velasquez II

One can't help but think that dos Santos may just have his number , he already has the psychological edge of knocking Cain out !!! , thats pretty big , its clear these 2 are the 2 best HW's in the UFC right now (Overoid not included) so what else can the UFC do ?? , it has to happen

I feel strongly that Velasquez has the skills to beat dos Santos to a pulp , but i also feel the same way about dos Santos's skill set in conjunction to Velasquez , the longer the fight goes , and the more time (if any) dos Santos spends on the mat , its Velasquez's fight , on the feet Cain may be getting knocked out again , he's chinny remember , its a great fight , if id had to call it , id say dos Santos catches him and stops the fight
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #17
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Do you prefer Coronation Street to watching MMA ???
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
One Punch KO
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I'd rather see Cormier get a crack at the title.

When he was throwing Barnett around last weekend, I remember thinking he'd do the same to JDS without breaking a sweat.
One Punch KO is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #19
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That Velazquez fight today was ****ing epic comeback if you ever seen one. His style would dominate most hws but in jds, it's hard to say if Cain could get past that striking power and put cigano on the Backfoot

Serious Velazquez put on a classic beat down, awesome fighter
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
Totus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

The good thing about MMA is the best fight the best straight away but cant help but think it would be nice to see a bit of a build up rather than match them straight away.

Next heavyweight card maybe in August/ September could be-

S. Struve vs M. Hunt

J. Barnett vs Kongo/Noguiera

F. Mir - A. Silva

C. Velaquez vs R. Nelson

D. Cormier vs S. Carwin

JDS vs Werdum/Russow
Totus is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #21
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Totus ,

I happen to agree with that bottom match up , id like to see Werdum fight dos Santos should he get past Russow , reason being , id like to see Velasquez actually have to fight for a win , and not maul and man handle somebody with ease which is what he seems to do everybody , dos Santos not included of course , if Barnett does indeed join the UFC (which obviously he won't) then Cain Barnett would be the fight id want most , failing that give Miocic a crack !!!

Even though it looks like dos Santos Velasquez 2 is imminent , i feel its a little wrong to just give Velasquez another crack at a fight he lost so decisively last time out
Old 05-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #22
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
Old 05-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #23
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Totus ,

I happen to agree with that bottom match up , id like to see Werdum fight dos Santos should he get past Russow , reason being , id like to see Velasquez actually have to fight for a win , and not maul and man handle somebody with ease which is what he seems to do everybody , dos Santos not included of course , if Barnett does indeed join the UFC (which obviously he won't) then Cain Barnett would be the fight id want most , failing that give Miocic a crack !!!

Even though it looks like dos Santos Velasquez 2 is imminent , i feel its a little wrong to just give Velasquez another crack at a fight he lost so decisively last time out
I'd imagine the UFC's perspective is two fold. One Velasquez is much more marketable than Werdum and two he did do them a favour not pulling out of the FOX fight when he went down with an injury.

Also everyone pitching Cormier for JDS or Barnett for Velasquez is overlooking that both men jacked their hands last Saturday and so won't be available to fight for a long time. And at least Cormier, HAS to have his next fight in Strikeforce.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #24
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
I'd imagine the UFC's perspective is two fold. One Velasquez is much more marketable than Werdum and two he did do them a favour not pulling out of the FOX fight when he went down with an injury.

Also everyone pitching Cormier for JDS or Barnett for Velasquez is overlooking that both men jacked their hands last Saturday and so won't be available to fight for a long time. And at least Cormier, HAS to have his next fight in Strikeforce.
Oh i agree , for sure , JDS Velasquez 2 comes before JDS Werdum , for a multitude of reasons , i was speaking more as a Velasquez fan worried about him being under prepared for dos Santos 2nd time round , because of a lack of stellar opposition , as well as having both men fight other opponents , a little bit of variation

We still know what we knew about Velasquez pre Silva , he's an animal !!! but I just don't see the rematch going any other way tbh
Old 05-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #25
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Yes, the rematch seems the obvious fight.

I like that Cain has been such a beast and monstered everyone, and then JDS knocks him out basically with one shot, as soon as he lays hands on him.

And then Cain returns and immediately looks like an unstoppable monster once again.

But maybe Junior has his number. Maybe Cigano is the one guy that Cain just can't take down to the mat, and the more he presses the action the more he runs straight into Junior's fists.

Both of them know that if the fight stays on the feet, then JDS can spark Cain out at any time with no warning. But nobody knows what happens if it goes to the ground, or even if Cain can get it there or keep it there.

So I think it's a great fight. The best HW title fight out there in a field with a couple of decent possibilities, in fact.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #26
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Just because the 1st fight was still so recent and quick id honestly rather see Werdum get a JDS rematch first provided he beats Russow. If this is the fight that takes place next though I wont complain. Cain is probably the toughest fight out there aside from Cormier maybe. Cain if he comes in still a strong gameplan and can get this fight to the ground he can and probably would win. This guy has GNP like very few its just so damn fast and aggressive. Total brutality when he grounds his opponet.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think CV could well win the rematch. I see it as a 50/50 fight. He just got caught early in the first fight so it's hard to say how they match up, JDS never broke him down or anything it was just one of those punches.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #28
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

Not much talent in Dana's promotion.
JDS KOs Can again.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #29
Totus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The rematch would be to soon for me but again could be a very different outcome.

Cain tried to stand with JDS which I suppose in context was reasonable as Cain had whupped most heavies standing bar Kongo.

If Cain does get the rematch he will attempt to get JDS down...so the fight could be interesting.

I personally thought JDS looked a little bit flat and tentative, i think he was slightly worried with Mir ground game, we will see if he keeps improving. For me the most impressive heavy right now is Cormier.
Totus is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #30
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think Cormier should fight Werdum first to build him up.

If he can get passed Werdum, then he has a title shot.

I'm fine with Cain getting it.

I dunno who will win the rematch since both guys had knee injuries the first time, and Cain was rather flat footed, and clearly had a retarded gameplan.

As good as JDS is, I don't think people should write off Cain in a rematch. He didn't even get to shoot in for a double in the fight, and we don't even know if he could have even physically done it with any speed or power.

I'm down for it.

And if Cain wins, a fight between him and Cormier would be insane.
afterglow is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum