Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85
Default Bute-Froch afterthoughts

Both men put up a great fight while it lasted though Froch was dominating. After that fight should Bute really exercise a rematch clause? Do you think he should go after a Kessler rematch instead? Could Bute adjust or do you think Froch has his number? Do you think Ward was right for saying Bute needed to step up before the fight? Give ur thoughts.

Also, saying Bute is a "hypejob" only discredits Froch's impressive win and performance. Think Bute panics when durable guys swarm him and I still think he could beat Ward as styles make fights. Took courage to go to Froch's hometown and I know Froch was feeling great after the stoppage. Cost me vcash but after that performance I'm just happy for the sport. Froch was a man determined and Bute was just in survival mode after the 2nd.
techks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: Bute-Froch afterthoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Both men put up a great fight while it lasted though Froch was dominating. After that fight should Bute really exercise a rematch clause? Do you think he should go after a Kessler rematch instead? Could Bute adjust or do you think Froch has his number? Do you think Ward was right for saying Bute needed to step up before the fight? Give ur thoughts.

Also, saying Bute is a "hypejob" only discredits Froch's impressive win and performance. Think Bute panics when durable guys swarm him and I still think he could beat Ward as styles make fights. Took courage to go to Froch's hometown and I know Froch was feeling great after the stoppage. Cost me vcash but after that performance I'm just happy for the sport. Froch was a man determined and Bute was just in survival mode after the 2nd.
I'm reminded of Weaver/Dokes going slightly differently in the rematch.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I'm reminded of Weaver/Dokes going slightly differently in the rematch.
Will watch those fights and act like I knew exactly what was going on Emmanuel Steward-style.

Beauty of boxing is that any result could happen. A rematch could be another one-sided affair like Foreman-Frazier or Liston-Patterson or the loser adapt to win big or at least decisively in the rematch ala Patterson-Ingo 2.
techks is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Damn, a drought? Or too many threads on this topic already. C"mon guys.......thougth the questions I asked were legit lol
techks is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 661

Bute should definitely sign for the rematch.....BUT, he should take another fight first. Maybe George or another lower rated top 15 IBF type guy. And in fact, fight him in his backyard too.

I can't help but rewatch the look in his eyes as he swallowed his heart when he being given instructions. I always thought the huge crowds in Canada had prepared him for the big stage, but he literally looked like a prospect fighting a Champion last night.

Deer in the headlights from the opening bell. Tentaive to commit and so easily taken out of his game.

Im all for a rematch. And like many fighters before him, he can come back from this KO loss and be better than ever.

Case in point. Wlad Klitshcko
Lennox Lewis
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Great post chi!

Didn't think crowd would play a part in it apart from them cheering for Froch even for glancing blows possibly affecting scoring. He did look very unsure of himself in that territory but props for him for even going to Froch's backyard. Hopefully this is an experience for him for the better.
techks is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Damn, a drought? Or too many threads on this topic already. C"mon guys.......thougth the questions I asked were legit lol
It got drowned in all the other threads, T. That's how it works on crashy-uber-boon nights on the general forum. One thread goes to twenty pages within an hour and another three on the same thing hit the second page in the same time.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Yeah I could barely get on here during and after the fight. Still wouldn't kill to have more replies
techks is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A.M. View Post
I think it hinges on whether you think Bute bothered Froch much.

I could well be wrong, but I got the impression that, somewhere in the 3rd/4th, Froch decided that Bute couldn't really hurt him and started leaping in (literally) at will. Dwyer seems to think that this all flowed from one of the bombs landing in the third -- that Bute never really recovered and Froch piled it on -- but I'm not sure I buy it. I tended to see it more that Froch (or his team) had figured out what Bute didn't like, and kept doing it.

If Bute can find a counter-formula to that approach, he might have a decent chance in the rematch -- as courageous as they were, some of those leaps would have been foolish against power-hitting timers -- but I'm not sure he can, and it goes back to the earlier 'power' point. If Bute can't use a threat and/or movement to hold Froch off, Carl's just going to keep doing what he did, in which case a rematch seems pointless.

I guess the ball's in Bute's court. The thing that last night proved -- to me, at least -- wasn't the chin issue; it's that, however good Bute may or may not be, he's not in the Mayweather / Ward league. Those two would have adjusted to Froch's tactic waaay earlier, and not let it become decisive as it did; keeping Froch 'outside' and punishing when he came in was a signature of Ward's victory.
Yeah. I noticed Bute was stunned every rd and from the 3rd and on I knew he wasn't going to make it but especially from him staying on the ropes. Once he was caught in the victim stage he just couldn't get out of it and soon the ko came. Could not adjust which like you said Mayweather and Ward would have.
techks is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
p4pBute
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Froch showed what he can do, an now bute got to ask himself, i think without anyfights, but only straight to a rematch, is it in me to win, can i counter this guy, can i get my bodyshots off, can i place my feet to get the power i have off, an move out of harms way. Bute has great boxing skills, i still believe p4p, this not a fighter he can not beat, this is not like tzyu an zab, were you just knew it would be the same result 10 out of 10, i say this is like a sanders/wlad, were the wrong game plan an the other guys winning.

as a fan of bute, i would love to see him try one more time, an the money is there now, he has got one more fight with showtime, at the very least showtime would like to show off froch for a rematch with ward, he will have big homtown show up, ward fighting later this year, so why not....

If he loses, well there nothing wrong with that, there was nothing wrong with his lost this past saturday, he did not quite, he pushed himself, it was just not his night, he took a beating, but i don't believe froch power is like let say wlads, were retirment for health reasons should almost be the only choice after a fight with wlad an a UN reqirement
p4pBute is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Why did Bute abandon his jab, he was bobbin his damn head to much instead of throwing punches.
Diggersan is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

if there is talk of a froch-kessler rematch i wouldn't mind seeing the two ko victims allan green and bute get it on.
motownsiu is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #13
venbox
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Were Bute and Froch weighed just prior the fight? It looks that Bute had some good 10 pounds of weigth over Froch. Fight night weight for Bute would also reveal if he gained an unusual amount of weight after the weight in, which is a surefire sign of being drained, and would partially explain why his chin didn't hold up.
venbox is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #14
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownsiu View Post
if there is talk of a froch-kessler rematch i wouldn't mind seeing the two ko victims allan green and bute get it on.
+1
THN is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 02:35 AM   #15
the-demon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Forget a froch v bute rematch straight away Let bute build back up
Froch v Kessler rematch is the fight the world wants next
Kessler who is a true warrior has stated he wants the fight and is prepared to come to England for the rematch
the-demon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum