Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #226
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Great card. Mir lasted a bit longer than I expected, but I still think that Jr could have finished him within the first minute.

Cain absolutely destroyed Bigfoot. Anyone that for some reason doubted that Cain is a world class talent, just watch that fight. JDS may have knocked him out in a little over a minute, but he is still a beast. You have to remember he has only had 11 MMA fights. He has already been HW champion within a very short career. The guy is capable of a lot.

Del Rosario did very well, considering he was coming off of a considerable amount of time off, and injuries on top of that. His striking was clearly better than Stipe's, and his counter liver kick was beautiful. Unfortunately, he got caught underneath a very powerful guy, and that's all there is to it. Those short elbows had a lot of power behind them.

Dave Herman was a huge disappointment. I knew beforehand that he had the tendency to allow his opponents to connect, but I thought that perhaps he had learned from prior mistakes. I was wrong. Roy landed the only weapon that he has on the feet; a big right hand. It folded Herman over, and it was a just stoppage. Herman is very talented, but he also appears to have a very low fight IQ.

Speaking of low fight IQ's, I wasn't surprised that Struve pulled off the sub tonight. I don't think it was wise for Johnson to initiate any type of grappling scenario, and that includes the clinch. Johnson came out swinging, and once he had Struve against the cage, he should have created a separation and continued his onslaught from somewhat of a distance rather than tying up. He did tie up, however, and this allowed Struve to pull guard. From here, it was academic. Anyone that follows the sport closely knows that Johnson has literally zero ground game, and Struve was wise enough to exploit that. Good for him. I still like Johnson, and he makes for some interesting slugfests within the division. If he were to fight Carwin, and Carwin decided to keep it standing, it would be a beautiful display of violence. Unfortunately, if that fight were to happen, there is no doubt that Carwin woud be able to quickly take Lavar to the mat and finish him there. It's still a nice fantasy fight.

Just a fantastic card, overall. Not a snoozer in the whole bunch, except for perhaps the Mayhem match.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #227
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 75
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

I'm just not willing to fork out 50 bucks to see JDS ko Cain again.
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #228
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,170
vCash: 100
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

How I wish Overeem hadn't tested positive. Would've been a GOAT card.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #229
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

****, just watching the replay of Varner vs Barboza......big upset, at least to me.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #230
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Nothing bother me more than writing a long ass response and having it be at the bottom of a page.

Actually, on second thought, a lot of things bother me more.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #231
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Ah, HUGE respect to Elkis ! Hell that is one of toughest guy I ever seen in any combat sport.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #232
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Mir looked soft as compared to when he first bulked up, must have stopped sharing meals wth Overeem
shanemfr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #233
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 157
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Great card. Mir lasted a bit longer than I expected, but I still think that Jr could have finished him within the first minute.

Cain absolutely destroyed Bigfoot. Anyone that for some reason doubted that Cain is a world class talent, just watch that fight. JDS may have knocked him out in a little over a minute, but he is still a beast. You have to remember he has only had 11 MMA fights. He has already been HW champion within a very short career. The guy is capable of a lot.

Del Rosario did very well, considering he was coming off of a considerable amount of time off, and injuries on top of that. His striking was clearly better than Stipe's, and his counter liver kick was beautiful. Unfortunately, he got caught underneath a very powerful guy, and that's all there is to it. Those short elbows had a lot of power behind them.

Dave Herman was a huge disappointment. I knew beforehand that he had the tendency to allow his opponents to connect, but I thought that perhaps he had learned from prior mistakes. I was wrong. Roy landed the only weapon that he has on the feet; a big right hand. It folded Herman over, and it was a just stoppage. Herman is very talented, but he also appears to have a very low fight IQ.

Speaking of low fight IQ's, I wasn't surprised that Struve pulled off the sub tonight. I don't think it was wise for Johnson to initiate any type of grappling scenario, and that includes the clinch. Johnson came out swinging, and once he had Struve against the cage, he should have created a separation and continued his onslaught from somewhat of a distance rather than tying up. He did tie up, however, and this allowed Struve to pull guard. From here, it was academic. Anyone that follows the sport closely knows that Johnson has literally zero ground game, and Struve was wise enough to exploit that. Good for him. I still like Johnson, and he makes for some interesting slugfests within the division. If he were to fight Carwin, and Carwin decided to keep it standing, it would be a beautiful display of violence. Unfortunately, if that fight were to happen, there is no doubt that Carwin woud be able to quickly take Lavar to the mat and finish him there. It's still a nice fantasy fight.

Just a fantastic card, overall. Not a snoozer in the whole bunch, except for perhaps the Mayhem match.
Yes, I pretty much agree with all of that except that instead of being disappointed in Dave Herman I am impressed by Roy Big Country kung Fu yet again. I think Roy deserves more credit than people are giving him. This matchup could have gone south for him real quick if he had let Herman find his range.

And look now you're not at the bottom of the page any more.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:57 AM   #234
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 75
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Mir looked horrible he was almost....fat, he should weigh 240-250 that's ridiculous
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #235
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Northwoods of Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 1,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Great card. Mir lasted a bit longer than I expected, but I still think that Jr could have finished him within the first minute.

Cain absolutely destroyed Bigfoot. Anyone that for some reason doubted that Cain is a world class talent, just watch that fight. JDS may have knocked him out in a little over a minute, but he is still a beast. You have to remember he has only had 11 MMA fights. He has already been HW champion within a very short career. The guy is capable of a lot.

Del Rosario did very well, considering he was coming off of a considerable amount of time off, and injuries on top of that. His striking was clearly better than Stipe's, and his counter liver kick was beautiful. Unfortunately, he got caught underneath a very powerful guy, and that's all there is to it. Those short elbows had a lot of power behind them.

Dave Herman was a huge disappointment. I knew beforehand that he had the tendency to allow his opponents to connect, but I thought that perhaps he had learned from prior mistakes. I was wrong. Roy landed the only weapon that he has on the feet; a big right hand. It folded Herman over, and it was a just stoppage. Herman is very talented, but he also appears to have a very low fight IQ.

Speaking of low fight IQ's, I wasn't surprised that Struve pulled off the sub tonight. I don't think it was wise for Johnson to initiate any type of grappling scenario, and that includes the clinch. Johnson came out swinging, and once he had Struve against the cage, he should have created a separation and continued his onslaught from somewhat of a distance rather than tying up. He did tie up, however, and this allowed Struve to pull guard. From here, it was academic. Anyone that follows the sport closely knows that Johnson has literally zero ground game, and Struve was wise enough to exploit that. Good for him. I still like Johnson, and he makes for some interesting slugfests within the division. If he were to fight Carwin, and Carwin decided to keep it standing, it would be a beautiful display of violence. Unfortunately, if that fight were to happen, there is no doubt that Carwin woud be able to quickly take Lavar to the mat and finish him there. It's still a nice fantasy fight.

Just a fantastic card, overall. Not a snoozer in the whole bunch, except for perhaps the Mayhem match.
CV has had better showcase fights than that where he's been able to show his standing techniques, takedowns, control, cardio etc. Honestly, Silva messed up 3 seconds in and then it was just GNP. I'd like to see Velasquez fight again before he gets a title shot, but since there are no other contenders JDS would be waiting forever to fight again so I suppose that had to happen.

Nelson lands the right hand even though he's shorter than every one of his opponents because he has really great timing and knows exactly when to move in. Watching him in the IFL and on TUF, it's clear the guy has sparred a million rounds. For a fatass he closes the distance really quickly and times his bombs perfectly. I've always considered that his biggest asset.

I was surprised that Johnson clinched too. It seemed like everyone saw that end coming but him. I'd like to see him fight a bunch of guys who can't grapple. That'll be fun.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #236
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
I was surprised that Johnson clinched too. It seemed like everyone saw that end coming but him. I'd like to see him fight a bunch of guys who can't grapple. That'll be fun.
I do as well. He should also be used as a test for new guys in the UFC. You want to fight here? You can deal with a big strong dude with heavy hands who just wants to knock you the **** out, right? We'd better confirm that's not a problem for you.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #237
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
Mir looked horrible he was almost....fat, he should weigh 240-250 that's ridiculous
Mir was fat. His body type lets him get away without looking full blown fat but he was fat and slow. He should be fighting at around 245 max.
bachatu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #238
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 75
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachatu View Post
Mir was fat. His body type lets him get away without looking full blown fat but he was fat and slow. He should be fighting at around 245 max.
I donīt know what he has been thinking for his last fights he talks about how itīs the best weight for him and itīs obviously not, the added weight doesnīt help him it only makes him ****ing slow and in his fight against JDS it wasnīt even muscle but fat. Does he really believe that the weight helps him or is it just an excuse for the bad shape heīs in?
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #239
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Northwoods of Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 1,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ufc 146 rbr Thread...Dos Santos VS Mur !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachatu View Post
Mir was fat. His body type lets him get away without looking full blown fat but he was fat and slow. He should be fighting at around 245 max.

To be fair, if you think that your only chance to win is a heavy top game, maybe coming in light isn't your main focus. I don't think he expected JDS to have the footwork that he did.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013