Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #17
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1479
Default Re: Enzo pulls out of McPhilbin rematch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather_Face View Post
Enzo to fight for the world title against Cleverly at Upton Park on the 14th July. Mcphilbin now fights for the vacant British Cruiserweight title on the 30th June the Norwich Showground against Herbie Hide
Source?
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 04:29 AM   #18
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydrinks View Post
Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaa
Why so funny?
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #19
SimonTemplar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I can see why Cleverly wants the fight - he will tell himself that it is against a dangerous-punching former world cruiserweight champion, and could do bigger numbers/get more publicity than his previous defences - but I agree with previous poster, Enzo would have been stopped in his last fight by McPhilbin who with respect is not near world title level, so if Enzo gets to vacate a British belt he did not win and walk straight into a world title shot at a different weight class it is outrageous. He said on Friday night that he is a cruiserweight at the moment, now a few days later he's fighting nearly two stone lighter and getting a dodgy world title shot. I now don't believe the injury story they put out, he just wants Clev for the title rather than honouring the McPhilbin rematch. Shameful, I really liked Enzo but this looks poor.

The saddest part is, while I think Clev would win this, there is a chance that Enzo catches him, sparks him, then considers himself a two weight world champion... Awful.
SimonTemplar is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #20
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
I can see why Cleverly wants the fight - he will tell himself that it is against a dangerous-punching former world cruiserweight champion, and could do bigger numbers/get more publicity than his previous defences - but I agree with previous poster, Enzo would have been stopped in his last fight by McPhilbin who with respect is not near world title level, so if Enzo gets to vacate a British belt he did not win and walk straight into a world title shot at a different weight class it is outrageous. He said on Friday night that he is a cruiserweight at the moment, now a few days later he's fighting nearly two stone lighter and getting a dodgy world title shot. I now don't believe the injury story they put out, he just wants Clev for the title rather than honouring the McPhilbin rematch. Shameful, I really liked Enzo but this looks poor.

The saddest part is, while I think Clev would win this, there is a chance that Enzo catches him, sparks him, then considers himself a two weight world champion... Awful.
Simon you and fartypants want to go into a pro gym and see what they go through to become a champion and then maybe your shit attitude will change regarding boxers!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #21
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Simon you and fartypants want to go into a pro gym and see what they go through to become a champion and then maybe your shit attitude will change regarding boxers!
What about Simon's post was shit?
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #22
SimonTemplar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Billy I have reread what I posted and stand by it. I have spent a fair bit of time in pro gyms, I have had similar training myself - albeit in a different field - and I have nothing but respect for anyone with the cojones to step between the ropes and go 1-1 in front of a crowd, particularly so when they have put the work in for several weeks ahead of time.

I don't have a 'shit attitude' at all, indeed you are the one steaming in with aggression and making assumptions about my experience of life rather than actually countering my opinion with anything tangible.

If McPhilbin were your fighter, he had had Enzo going so badly in a British title fight, then they ring the bell 40 seconds early, cut the break between rounds, then your man loses his title on points, you would want a rematch. You would be happy when the opponent - who was not at fault for the short round, obviously - promised that rematch. I imagine that you would then be disappointed if he pulled out of that rematch to take a world title shot, and your fighter had to fight a new opponent for a now-vacant title that he should never have lost in the ring.

I like Cleverly and I like Enzo, I just think that McPhilbin has been hard done by over his British belt, and I don't think that Enzo should be walking into a LHW world title shot in this context, coming off that McPhilbin fight, particularly as he said on Boxnation on Friday evening that he was a man of his word and he would honour his promise of a rematch.

I am not a teenage grump that you can bully out of my opinion, I'm a 38 year-old father with a good chunk of life experience who stands by his opinion. If you want to disagree then obviously by all means do, and make a better case than mine and I will agree with you and admit that I called it wrong, but simply coming on and telling me that I have a shit attitude and know nothing about what fighters go through to get ready for fight night is incorrect, misses the point of what I was saying, and makes you look the fool.

Sorry to be blunt, Billy, I respect that you come on here, but I'm a fair man and only ask for the same back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajingo View Post
What about Simon's post was shit?
Thanks, Bajingo. It's a fair question, Billy...
SimonTemplar is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #23
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyfartpants View Post
I dont doubt the blood sweat and tears boxers go through in the gym and have full respect for this.

However, this has no relevance to their records or level of opponents.

Are you honestly defending this fight???
There is no fight,enzo is injured and simply cant fight until hes fit,its all just hearsay the cleverly thing!
Im sure he would have just given up the title and announced he'll be fighting Nathan if there were any truth in the fight,injury doesnt mean another fight!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #24
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
There is no fight,enzo is injured and simply cant fight until hes fit,its all just hearsay the cleverly thing!
Im sure he would have just given up the title and announced he'll be fighting Nathan if there were any truth in the fight,injury doesnt mean another fight!
Injury doesnt always mean another fight but it does quite alot of the time!

Assumptions are made on here as part of discussion, based on recent events we can see the money spinner of VVarren pushing us a huge World title fight, Wales v Wales in Wales, if it does happen its a joke and it certainly wouldnt surprise me if it happens.
rampant is online now  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #25
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
As if the Cleverly - Enzo fight couldn't get worse, Enzo is going to take it on the back of ducking someone who was a **** up away from knocking him out.

And Frank wonders why Sky didn't want to give him dates.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #26
Black_Rainbows
Contender
ESB Senior Member

New main event for Civic boxing show

Wolverhampton Civic Hall’s televised boxing bill has a new main event after Enzo Maccarinelli pulled out of his British title fight with a hand injury.

Liam Walsh will now headline at the Civic on June 22, live on BoxNation, in what will likely be a defence of his Commonwealth super featherweight title.

His opponent has yet to be determined while Maccarinelli was due to face former cruiserweight champion Shane McPhilbin in a rematch.

The belt changed hands at the Civic after a controversial clash in March, where the bell sounded to end the first round some 47 seconds early.

Maccarinelli was down at the time and again in the third round, with McPhilbin touching the canvas in the 10th, but the fight went the distance.

It was Maccarinelli who took the title with the British Boxing Board of Control ordering they meet again but that bout has now been put on hold.

But a battle between two amateur stars and undefeated professionals involving Walsall’s Christopher Keane has been added to the show.

Keane will step up to 10 rounds for the first time to take on Scotland’s Stephen Simmonds where someone’s ‘o’ in the paid ranks will go.

It also pits the 2009 ABA super heavyweight champion against the heavyweight bronze medal winner at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.

In another match of two undefeated fighters, Coseley’s Jamie Ball and double national champion Michal Pechacek will now compete for a title.

Ball, the Midlands champion, will duel with the Czech Republic and Slovakia belt holder for the vacant International Masters light middleweight crown.

For more information and tickets, call the box office on 0870 320 7000 or promoter Paul ‘PJ’ Rowson on 07976 283 157.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Black_Rainbows is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #27
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

McPhilbin should be kept on the card, it's the least they could do.
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #28
Black_Rainbows
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
As if the Cleverly - Enzo fight couldn't get worse, Enzo is going to take it on the back of ducking someone who was a **** up away from knocking him out.

And Frank wonders why Sky didn't want to give him dates.
What are you talking about?

No one has actually produced a source for such a thing yet. This is all just "bad feelings" that people say they have.
Black_Rainbows is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #29
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Rainbows View Post
New main event for Civic boxing show

Wolverhampton Civic Hall’s televised boxing bill has a new main event after Enzo Maccarinelli pulled out of his British title fight with a hand injury.

Liam Walsh will now headline at the Civic on June 22, live on BoxNation, in what will likely be a defence of his Commonwealth super featherweight title.

His opponent has yet to be determined while Maccarinelli was due to face former cruiserweight champion Shane McPhilbin in a rematch.

The belt changed hands at the Civic after a controversial clash in March, where the bell sounded to end the first round some 47 seconds early.

Maccarinelli was down at the time and again in the third round, with McPhilbin touching the canvas in the 10th, but the fight went the distance.

It was Maccarinelli who took the title with the British Boxing Board of Control ordering they meet again but that bout has now been put on hold.

But a battle between two amateur stars and undefeated professionals involving Walsall’s Christopher Keane has been added to the show.

Keane will step up to 10 rounds for the first time to take on Scotland’s Stephen Simmonds where someone’s ‘o’ in the paid ranks will go.

It also pits the 2009 ABA super heavyweight champion against the heavyweight bronze medal winner at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.

In another match of two undefeated fighters, Coseley’s Jamie Ball and double national champion Michal Pechacek will now compete for a title.

Ball, the Midlands champion, will duel with the Czech Republic and Slovakia belt holder for the vacant International Masters light middleweight crown.

For more information and tickets, call the box office on 0870 320 7000 or promoter Paul ‘PJ’ Rowson on 07976 283 157.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Shouldnt this shit be on the new box academy show? Box academy simply = poorer match ups than the normal ones!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #30
anklespanker75
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If this is true about Enzo V Clev... Then this is a serious step up in competition for Nathan

Clev just tweeted that he's asked ***** for the Bellew fight...

Last edited by anklespanker75; 05-30-2012 at 07:35 AM.
anklespanker75 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum