Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #91
BatTheMan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I was wrong about Bute

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffie View Post
Bute is not as strong as I thought. He got brutally dominated like I would never thought. Yesterday, Bute had nothing to do in the same ring than Froch. Froch had his gameplan: to let Bute hit first and to be the one counter punching. Bute was hurt before being able to adapt and was badly hurt many times. I don't know what his career will look from now but I know I was proud of his reaction when he lost. It was real sportsmanship and I'll try to act the same way.

Props to Froch. He was awesome, Bute showed on his part that he had major flaws and how to exploit them. The blueprint is there for any boxer able to do copy-paste.

It is boxing.

I don't care if I look stupid because the result of the fight hurts much more than any joke anybody could make on me. I didn't sleep last night. I was seeing the fight over and over. That fight was very hard to watch for a Bute fan. I guess that's called a reality check.

I feel very sad and probably won't come on the forum for a couple of days. I'll come back though.

Again, props to Froch.
No worries.

As you said: This is boxing.

Your favourite fighter loses. Happens all the time. It's always heartbreaking and brutal. So what you did pre-Froch was correct: Enjoy the ride of your favourite fighter as much as you possibly can, because it will never last.

I hope you'll be back.
BatTheMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #92
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Bute is not as strong as I thought. He got brutally dominated like I would never thought. Yesterday, Bute had nothing to do in the same ring than Froch. Froch had his gameplan: to let Bute hit first and to be the one counter punching. Bute was hurt before being able to adapt and was badly hurt many times. I don't know what his career will look from now but I know I was proud of his reaction when he lost. It was real sportsmanship and I'll try to act the same way.

Props to Froch. He was awesome, Bute showed on his part that he had major flaws and how to exploit them. The blueprint is there for any boxer able to do copy-paste.

It is boxing.

I don't care if I look stupid because the result of the fight hurts much more than any joke anybody could make on me. I didn't sleep last night. I was seeing the fight over and over. That fight was very hard to watch for a Bute fan. I guess that's called a reality check.

I feel very sad and probably won't come on the forum for a couple of days. I'll come back though.

Again, props to Froch.
I feel ya holmes...

Obviously I Was happy being a froch fan and a proud uk resident, but I Was also a fan of bute and a believer. Thought he was gonna be the first to stop froch. Bute is a great talent he just fought the wrong fight. He is not a brawler, he doesn't have the chin or the recovery skills to do so. He's a slick boxer puncher, he should have used his typical game plan yet he wanted to prove he was tough and could bang. Gotta give the man props for going out the way he did, although he fought stupid, he fought like a champ and tried to prove so. Have no shame mate...
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #93
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

And as other have already said, bute himself and most of his fans on here have been all class. Respect!

Cheers...
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #94
des3995
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 6125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Girl View Post
So what you are saying is me and rummy ranking Bute #4 based on his level of opposition, and Carl Froch #2 was actually a fair assessment?

All kidding aside, I'm sure it was a tough blow for you Bute fans and I'm not going to rub any more salt in those wounds but telling you I told you so....but props for coming out and admitting your past short comings with Bute....sometimes people just get caught up in the hype and they can't see things clearly......but at least you see the error in your ways and I'm sure it's not the last we have see of Mr Bute.
You were right, but it's a funny way of NOT saying I told you so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordup View Post
Froch isn't just a crude brawler. People just can't help but underrate him when he just keep proving them wrong again and again.
Agreed. He boxes a heck of a lot more than he brawls now. Even in this fight he was keeping distance at first. He ended up brawling with Bute because he knew he could and did hurt his man and was looking to finish him, as he should have.
des3995 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #95
Jan(DK)
Joined april 2007
ESB Addict

Quote:

It is boxing.

Again, props to Froch.
As other stated - when the best meets the best, still one will lose - and it hurts like hell - As a Kessler fan, I been there more than once..............

But Laffie - i tell you this! When your fighter wins again, it will feel better than ever - trust me..........

Before the fight, his fans "we know better-style" had people looking down on Bute. After the fight, the prober Bute fans and Bute himself has shown class, and therefore, Bute will have more fans now than ever.............
Jan(DK) is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #96
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

not every elite boxer has the power to implement Froch's gameplan.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #97
Elvizzz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hope to see you back soon bro. I'm sure Bute will bounce back.
Elvizzz is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #98
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
Let Bute take Kessler on in Canada next. Kessler is always willing to travel.
Bad idea
THN is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #99
Contele_Dracula
Journeyman

vCash: 75

As a Bute fan I ate my crow also and this is the first day visiting the forum after Monday morning. I am surprised that (with some few exceptions) the comments coming from NONBute fans are not insulting. My respect for these boxing fans and for Froch either. Thank you.
Contele_Dracula is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #100
archibaldo
Journeyman

i HOPE FOR A REMATCH IN CANADA WITH FROCH .
BUTE DID WORST STRATEGY WITH FROCH AMD I SUSPECT HIS TRAINER TO BE INVOLVED IN BETS MAFIA WITHOUT BUTE KNEW THAT .
BUTE DIDN'T BOX AS USUAL , NO SERIOUS LIVER LEFT SHOT THROW TO FROCH , ONLY SELFDEFENCE IN THE ROPES WITHOUT MOVING .
archibaldo is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #101
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 2123

Quote:

It is boxing.

Again, props to Froch.
Good post. Many times you and I went at it here, I tried to tell you what what ended up being true. I'm glad you came to terms with what Bute really is as a boxer. Hopefully in the future you won't just label me as a "hater" and we can see more eye to eye.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #102
dannylatics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3167

Your not on your own Laffie. Ill never forget how bad I felt when Floyd knocked out Hatton.Still hurts now.

Least you can walk away with no excuses and know Bute did his best but it wasn't enough, Froch was just that good on the night. I have to live with that Cortez ruined a great fight after one of the biggest build ups to a fight in years
dannylatics is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #103
pityforbute
RIP Johnny
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldo View Post
BUTE DID WORST STRATEGY WITH FROCH AMD I SUSPECT HIS TRAINER TO BE INVOLVED IN BETS MAFIA WITHOUT BUTE KNEW THAT .
BUTE DIDN'T BOX AS USUAL , NO SERIOUS LIVER LEFT SHOT THROW TO FROCH , ONLY SELFDEFENCE IN THE ROPES WITHOUT MOVING .
You're one of the Bute fans who should disappear down a hole and never come back.
This is a classy,respectful thread and you have no business being here.
pityforbute is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #104
archibaldo
Journeyman

Unhappy Re: I was wrong about Bute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pityforbute View Post
You're one of the Bute fans who should disappear down a hole and never come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityforbute View Post
This is a classy,respectful thread and you have no business being here.
You think too much ....classy boy . I hope your avatar is your id photo .
archibaldo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #105
NeroN
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldo View Post
You know what ? Somebody said one day that everybody has a plan, until they get punched.

Stop believing Bute was some unbeatable monster.
NeroN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum