Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #16
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Monte Barrett and Nikola Valuev, John Ruiz where elite fighters. And David Haye, recked two of them! And showed his range of ability against Valuev.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1038
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Durability means **** all when you are being virtually swept on the cards, and even less so when your stand out win is against an utterly shot to **** Danny Williams. All Chisoras durability will ensure is that he eventually turns into a lumbering punchbag for up and comers and then journeymen to bang into (no homo). Any comparison with Froch is frankly laughable.
Why is it? Hypothetically if Chisora went down to cruiserweight and won a world title now, ( which he probably could ) should he get criticism for his heavyweight stint for losing against guys bigger than him. It's easy to look like a punching bag, if your opponents can land punches out of range because your too short to jab. Look at Eddie Chambers, he's a very slick fighter but he was beaten to a pulp in his last title fight. Size matters.
chico g is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #18
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico g View Post
Why is it? Hypothetically if Chisora went down to cruiserweight and won a world title now, ( which he probably could ) should he get criticism for his heavyweight stint for losing against guys bigger than him. It's easy to look like a punching bag, if your opponents can land punches at range because your too short to jab. Look at Eddie Chambers, he's a very slick fighter but he was beaten to a pulp in his last title fight. Size matters.
He couldn't get down to cruiser, hypothetically or not, and he would be embarrassed down there if he could. He has no movement other than forward and reverse, he can't punch for shit (he caught Fury several times flush and didn't even rattle those whiskers), and he has no guille whatsoever.

Size really doesn't matter up at that weight....a 185Lbs Dempsey beat a Wlad sized Willard, how could that be? Because Dempsey was significantly better than Willard....a more recent example, Haye - SNV, 8 stone difference and the smaller man wins. Go figure
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #19
hit me HARDER

vCash:

The only parralels for me are that both Bute & Chisora thought/think they stood/stand a chance.

Haye's going to take DelBoy's heart, balls & everything else quicker than Froch did Bute's.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
It's easy to look like a punching bag, if your opponents can land punches out of range because your too short to jab.
I missed this bit....its called footwork, good fighters have it, Derek doesn't.....it allows them to get inside the jab and to land themselves.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #21
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He couldn't get down to cruiser, hypothetically or not, and he would be embarrassed down there if he could. He has no movement other than forward and reverse, he can't punch for shit (he caught Fury several times flush and didn't even rattle those whiskers), and he has no guille whatsoever.

Size really doesn't matter up at that weight....a 185Lbs Dempsey beat a Wlad sized Willard, how could that be? Because Dempsey was significantly better than Willard....a more recent example, Haye - SNV, 8 stone difference and the smaller man wins. Go figure
chico g is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #22
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
You really believe what you're spouting, don't you? Jesus H Christ , I thought that you were taking the piss . You should have stopped at Del dropping 4 stone to get down to Cruiser
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #23
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I missed this bit....its called footwork, good fighters have it, Derek doesn't.....it allows them to get inside the jab and to land themselves.
Yeah just like Haye's excellent foot work. And he got schooled because Wlad kept him at the end of his jabs. Because his height and reach completely neutralized Haye and his speed.
chico g is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #24
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah just like Haye's excellent foot work. And he got schooled because Wlad kept him at the end of his jabs. Because his height and reach completely neutralized Haye and his speed.
Haye managed to regularly get in range against Wlad using his feet.... just every time he did he got grabbed and lent on. Wlad has become a master at protecting his chin. He keeps you in a position where you can't hit him and as soon as you get close enough to throw something... he sits on you so you can't.

Helenius and Fury aren't anywhere near as clever. **** Fury is a piece of piss to hit but Del Boy just didn't have the footwork to keep up with the lumbering tree
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #25
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckeggs View Post
Haye managed to regularly get in range against Wlad using his feet.... just every time he did he got grabbed and lent on. Wlad has become a master at protecting his chin. He keeps you in a position where you can't hit him and as soon as you get close enough to throw something... he sits on you so you can't.

Helenius and Fury aren't anywhere near as clever. **** Fury is a piece of piss to hit but Del Boy just didn't have the footwork to keep up with the lumbering tree
Chisora was very overweight against Fury though. The hernia on his back caused some problems in training camp. Derek has a Endomorph body type, puts on a lot of weight quite easily. Add that to getting punched in the face by the British heavyweight boxing champion who's 6ft 9, and it's a very tall task indeed. I suppose you wouldn't know, you've probably never had a fight with somebody that big in real life.
chico g is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #26
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Chico g is auditioning for the Darni Award of most biased, agenda-driven yet clueless poster on ESB.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #27
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Chisora was very overweight against Fury though. The hernia on his back caused some problems in training camp. Derek has a Endomorph body type, puts on a lot of weight quite easily. Add that to getting punched in the face by the British heavyweight boxing champion who's 6ft 9, and it's a very tall task indeed. I suppose you wouldn't know, you've probably never had a fight with somebody that big in real life.
I understand Chisora was overweight in that fight but it doesn't change the fact that the man has no footwork. He has the turning circle of an oil tanker. he was plodding forward in straight lines in his last 2 fights too but luckily for him his opponents had aqually as slow feet.
Unless Chisora can make some major changes to his footwork before July he will be chasing shadows against Haye...
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #28
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Chico g is auditioning for the Darni Award of most biased, agenda-driven yet clueless poster on ESB.
I'm just thinking of the what avatar i'm going to have of Chisora, when Del Boy sparks Haye out. As for Froch, i do respect his accomplishments. But i think a 6ft 1 fighter competing against top heavyweights is a harder feat. As regards to fighting in a super middle weight division, when the opponents don't have such ridiculous size advantages. And that is the point i'm trying to make.

chico g is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #29
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
I'm just thinking of the what avatar i'm going to have of Chisora, when Del Boy sparks Haye out. As for Froch, i do respect his accomplishments. But i think a 6ft 1 fighter competing against top heavyweights is a harder feat. As regards to fighting in a super middle weight division, when the opponents don't have such ridiculous size advantages. And that is the point i'm trying to make.

So, Wlad never looks seriously like stopping Haye, but the far inferior Chisora does?

What a special person you are.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #30
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
So, Wlad never looks seriously like stopping Haye, but the far inferior Chisora does?

What a special person you are.
Wlad couldn't stop Haye, because the Hayemaker was too busy running away. Haye will at least be a little less cautious in this fight, because he'll be confident in his abilities to try and stop Chisora. When little Dave realizes his punches have no effect. Chisora will walk him down and stop him. That middle weight Carl Thompson already did.
chico g is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum